Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Joy Riding Without a Valid Drivers License

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It happens all the time.

Unauthorized individuals taking a car for a joy ride, all without benefit of a drivers license ... or permission to drive.

But this driver wasn't charged with a crime....but it does provide a proverbial bone upon which to chew.
dummy florida will put one away for five years for driving without a license criminal intent. yet barely give time to those who harm others.

Well.... in this particular case, the driver wasn't exactly eligible for jail time. (I think it was entirely due to how cute he was. The pictures of him did make him look like quite the handsome fellow.)

:shades

Why is that?
the breed is hyper, noisy, and high strung. I have about ten of those dogs that hate me, I usually lunge at them to clear the yard so that I can read the meter. if not and they are aggressive, the sharp end of my water rod will enter in the skull of that dog. it happened to a customers dog when he had decided to lung at dan, dan said that dog ran and he wasn't sure if he took the dog's eye out and said he didn't care if he did or not. we have had problems as that home has to two dogs of that same breed that seem to feed on each others moods. that is the worse one but not the loudest. the loudest one is the easiest scared. I merely walk toward it it and he will run while barking and growling with his tail tween his legs. I prefer not to harm any dog.

People should be more alert to their dogs. If the dogs are barking, the owners should investigate why the barking. (That's one of my pet peeves - no pun intended - people can be so irresponsible!)

Some Chihuahuas are hyper, yappy little dogs. Some are more laid back and chill. I prefer the laid back and chill dogs .... they're more like cats that way!

People should be more alert to their dogs. If the dogs are barking, the owners should investigate why the barking. (That's one of my pet peeves - no pun intended - people can be so irresponsible!)

Some Chihuahuas are hyper, yappy little dogs. Some are more laid back and chill. I prefer the laid back and chill dogs .... they're more like cats that way!
they know, they are home most of the time I go by to read. the one I mentioned is an exception.its rare that I have seen a quiet Chihuahua

I have a Chihuahua, reba , one similar to the joy rider of the article. My dog is generally laid back and chill ... but he does have his moments of being a yappy, obnoxious little dog.

I have a Chihuahua, one similar to the joy rider of the article. My dog is generally laid back and chill ... but he does have his moments of being a yappy, obnoxious little dog.
I used to have one years ago,like me and would run at me with two legs in the air. that was funny. here its is a crime to assault a utility worker via your dog. in that its a different charge then the normal assault.

It should be a crime. After a short number of months, a utility worker knows which dogs are about on a regular basis & which homes with dogs are responsible.

I get into a lot of different homes to work. I've been bit a few times over the years. Always by a small dog and never by a big dog.

It should be a crime. After a short number of months, a utility worker knows which dogs are about on a regular basis & which homes with dogs are responsible.

This is so true. I usually get bit by the dog when the owner is standing there saying oh don't worry about the dog, he wont bite you...as he has his teeth on my leg. I only ever hit one dog. It was a smallish dog and every time I'd come in and out for a tool or whatnot the dog would get agressive, real aggressive and had nipped me once already on the calf. I asked her about 4 times to please put the dog up and I could work faster and so forth and she'd laugh and tell me how he's harmless and wont bite. After several times of asking her with no cooperation, we're on the front porch and the dog is snarling and lunging and stuff, I had a 14" pipe wrench in my hand and just sort of let my hand drop, I didn't swing it or anything but it is a steel pipe wrench and it clocked the dog right in the top of the head. He let out a yelp and calmed down and the owner then came over without a word and picked her dog up and went in. I didn't get to see the dog anymore after that, lol.

I asked her a bunch of times to put the dog up and it became obvious that she either didn't care, thought it was funny or was just plain irresponsible and I was on my own with it so I had to do what I had to do. I'm glad she didn't get mad at me for it.

This is so true. I usually get bit by the dog when the owner is standing there saying oh don't worry about the dog, he wont bite you...as he has his teeth on my leg. I only ever hit one dog. It was a smallish dog and every time I'd come in and out for a tool or whatnot the dog would get agressive, real aggressive and had nipped me once already on the calf. I asked her about 4 times to please put the dog up and I could work faster and so forth and she'd laugh and tell me how he's harmless and wont bite. After several times of asking her with no cooperation, we're on the front porch and the dog is snarling and lunging and stuff, I had a 14" pipe wrench in my hand and just sort of let my hand drop, I didn't swing it or anything but it is a steel pipe wrench and it clocked the dog right in the top of the head. He let out a yelp and calmed down and the owner then came over without a word and picked her dog up and went in. I didn't get to see the dog anymore after that, lol.

I asked her a bunch of times to put the dog up and it became obvious that she either didn't care, thought it was funny or was just plain irresponsible and I was on my own with it so I had to do what I had to do. I'm glad she didn't get mad at me for it.

You were such an :halo

Well.... in this particular case, the driver wasn't exactly eligible for jail time. (I think it was entirely due to how cute he was. The pictures of him did make him look like quite the handsome fellow.)

:shades

So was my little sister at a year old. She did the same thing when she and I were in our parents car. I just remember my mother's face when that car took off rolling down the long steep driveway.

I won't allow my dog to drive a car - nor can the cats drive... but years ago, when a nephew was 4, he helped himself to his dad's car & took a joy ride. He was finally pulled over by law enforcement because he was driving too slow on the interstate around Kansas City. He was tall for his age at the time and had figured out he could use an umbrella to work the gas pedal. And he was quite excited to tell the officer about his skills with driving.

He was supposed to be taking a nap... instead, his dad (who was home with him that Saturday afternoon) was the one who fell asleep after putting his son down for a nap. Things happen.

Back