Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Joyful Godly Love.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Seasoned by Grace

Staff member
Here you Go Tessa
There is something so beautiful about discussions taking place here, where both parties are full of Godly love, grace, and mercy, and maybe they disagree on a topic, but their Godly love for one another, as a brother or sister, outshines their differences, by the light of Christ, that burns in them so intensely for all to see. Are we presenting a life of Godly love, by being salt and a light of Godly love, to all those around us here, and to the world we touch?
Do we speak to uplift, edify and encourage?
Do we speak to those in turmoil, and having trials, in a way to bring them comfort, with soothing words of concern and hope?
Do we speak to the brokenhearted with words from your own heart, because you've possibly been there, and your kindness lightens their burden, and possibly gives them a measure of peace?

Matthew 5:14, You are the light of the world."
Matthew 5:16, " let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

"Jesus told His followers to "let your light shine before others in Godly love," calling them to live an active faith of love, not a passive one. Put your light on its stand that shines bright in love. Your circumstances are an opportunity to shine brightly for the Lord in Godly love, and to share God's overcoming truth with those around you in His love. Your family and community can tell what you believe by how you live, and how you love," and your life will change, and you'll never be the same again.

Seasoned by His Godly Grace

Seasoned by Grace
What a glorious post to wake up to this morning. You are such a dear brother in Christ.
There is nothing more encouraging than Godly Love.
The whole history of the bible is all about God's Love, from beginning to end.
God is unselfish. He is extremely patient, full of mercy, grace, and understanding. Fill of forgiveness and generosity and even reaches out in fellowship.. why is He so mindful of us stretched human beings? I am sure the answer is "Love."

Any love we are able to give is really from God, and He passes it on through His people.
It is beautiful to see brothers and sisters passing on God's love, such a blessing.

Do we speak to uplift, edify and encourage?
Do we speak to those in turmoil, and having trials, in a way to bring them comfort, with soothing words of concern and hope?
I believe that its important to speak words of help and love for others to receive help. Paul says that we should speak words that edify and encourage spirituality. I am paraphrasing.

"These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:"

Something I found very encouraging in church history is that it is the christians, not any other group that I am aware of, who fought for what we today call human rights. That is, the christians worked to end slavery in the world. They build schools to educate people, the general population not just the rich. They established old age homes and orphanages. They stood up to kings and potentates for the rights and freedoms of others as men who knew that God values all people equally regardless of rank or wealth. (He does have favorites but that is based on character, not worldly accomplishments.)

Standing on their shoulders, I have supported those at work who suffer injustice giving them understanding as to the human heart and what it is capable of doing in pursuit of achievements. I refused myself to engage in unethical practices asked of me. Point blank refused to do that which is wrong. I think this gave courage to others around me with less moral fiber and yet unhappy about doing what is wrong. I think this is being a light in a dark place as well as saying comforting words. (I think Jesus tells the truth, not just nice words, by the way. At least that is my experience with Him so I would be cautious about telling people what they want to hear that is just not true.)

Although I am not very well liked here, I am actually quite popular at work. All kinds of people come to my office to "chat" or get help. I think my office is a light to the work place. They confide in me although I give it to them straight and tell then the truth I know they don't want to hear but need to do so. When they want revenge, I tell them to forgive although I say "let it go." I help them on when to speak up and when to endure.

Back