Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

judging?

shad

There is abuse of using the word "judging" too.

Every time when I mention the military and express it is sin against Jesus' commandment of "love your enemy", I get many accusations of being judgmental.

Like "loving", you become "judgmental" if you are being politically incorrect or not majority accepted.

shad said:

Every time when I mention the military and express it is sin against Jesus' commandment of "love your enemy", I get many accusations of being judgmental.

Like "loving", you become "judgmental" if you are being politically incorrect or not majority accepted.

Personally, let's worry about the log in our eyes.....

Menno said:
shad said:

:clap

Menno said:
shad said:

What makes you think I am doing it? Really.

When you make the comment "when I bring up the military and say it is a sin". I am not convinced that I have the right or ability to dictate to another Christian if military service is a sin.

Menno and Goju,

What kind of Christian are we if we dont know what is sin or not?

BTW, both of you proving the point of this thread. thanks.

Menno said:
When you make the comment "when I bring up the military and say it is a sin". I am not convinced that I have the right or ability to dictate to another Christian if military service is a sin.

Ok, what makes you think others are being judgmental when they say something is a sin?

That is pretty arrogant because everyone has right to defend their faith.

Judging....to say something is a sin is not so much a judgement....then that is just to me. It is more or less when it becomes a 'you think like I do or you are wrong,' that tends to sound a little condescending. Then...as I said before it is just me.

With that being said, I am going to politely bow out for I do not wish to turn this into a debate any more than it already may or may not be.

I can love my enemy all I want, but that doesn't stop my enemy from putting a bullet between my eyes.

If an enemy invaded my country or home I would not greet him with flowers and hugs. After I have won, I will show him forgiveness and love, but before that can happen he has to be stopped or he will kill, and take what is not his.

War is as much apart of the world as the air we breath.

Read what I posted in the thread below. You might agree with me.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=43482&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120

shad said:
Menno and Goju,

What kind of Christian are we if we dont know what is sin or not?

BTW, both of you proving the point of this thread. thanks.

There was a point? I must have missed it? :confused

Back