Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Judgment Seat of Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Rev 20:11-15
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life.
And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Jhn 5:28-29
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

Mat 25:31-34
When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:41
Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:'

Rom 2:5-10
But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

In each of those passages, on the Day of the Lord, the dead are raised and are judged according to what they had done in this life. Those who believed in Jesus and did God's will will be given eternal life and those who did not will be sent to the second death.

Mat 12:41-42
The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. “The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it,...
Notice that Jesus said "the judgment" (singular) not "the judgmentS." (Plural)

There is nothing in any of those scriptures to suggest that there will be multiple judgments. That teaching is part of the dispensationalism invented by John Darby et.al. in the 19th century and made popular here in the USA by Schofield et. al.

But, if you think that's accurate, then enjoy. We'll all surely find out one war or the other sooner or later.
i hate to correct you... buttt i said separate not multiple sheep on the right one group goats on the left the second group .it took me a while i got for his glory to part way see what i was saying { In each of those passages, on the Day of the Lord, one .. the dead are raised and are judged according to what they had done in this life. two Those who believed in Jesus and did God's will will be given eternal life and those who did not will be sent to the second death.} 2 separate judgments
Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years. what the exact timeline on this thousand years i do not know .. these two scriptures who is the rest of the dead ? why would scripture say the first Resurrection twice ? i noticed you mention darby several times in your post about end times.. to my knowledge i have never read his materiel.. i have a john hagee prophecy study bible that was given to me ( i seldom use it } . the thousand year reign is a very complicated subject. where christ reigns over the earth. i dont mean to be disrespectful and i am not,,i just simply do not agree nothing more nothing less
We'll all surely find out one war or the other sooner or later.
i am guessing you meant to use way instead of war ... but this i agree with just like on the 2nd coming of Christ .it will happen his way his time frame we are to be ready and if we are ready we have no fear..

i know my english skills suxs judged with the lost is how it should have been worded . thus is why i say i will not stand at the great white throne judgment with the lost.. at least i got you to understand the separate judgments

You have not gotten me to understand separate judgments as I have been showing you this all along.

I already showed in the OP that it is two separate judgments and that both the sheep and the goats stand before Christ as He gathers all nations before Him and the dead are also risen at this time as final judgment is declared on all as God commits all judgment unto Christ. All, sheep and goats, will give an account unto God, but it is Jesus who does the judging, not God, as Christ separates the sheep from the goats and all are judged at the same time when all the books are opened.

The definition of the word bema is the altar or sanctuary in ancient Orthodox churches. In Judaism it means the podium or platform in a synagogue from which the Torah and Prophets are read.

Matthew 25:31-46, Bema seat is the throne of Christ within the great white throne judgement. The great white throne judgment is the sanctuary or platform of God where the books are opened and final judgment passed on everyone that God breathed life into. It's at this time on the last day when Christ returns and has made an end to all abominations or another word ends all evil in this world. Christ will gather all nations before Him, those still alive at His coming and those who are in their graves, Rev 20:11-15, and separates those who are His own (sheep) from those who have rejected Him (goats).

The books are opened at the great white throne judgment. Those whose names are found written in the Lamb's book of life will hear Him say, "Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world". Those whose names are found in the other books will hear Christ say, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels". Two separate groups of people, two separate judgments, but all happening on the last day at the great white throne judgement.

Last edited:
I already showed in the OP that it is two separate judgments and that both the sheep and the goats stand before Christ as He gathers all nations before Him and the dead are also risen at this time as final judgment is declared on all as God commits all judgment unto Christ. All, sheep and goats, will give an account unto God, but it is Jesus who does the judging
as He separates the sheep from the goats.
ok so we agree two separate judgments so we have no need in disagreement i am very familiar with the bema seat much of this is figurative language .in paul time being a athlete was a huge thing. they was given rewards for winning the event. paul saw the bema seat as when he wrote we will give a account of the good and bad good we done the bad missed opportunities as Christians. we will not be judged for sins as our sins are under the Blood 1 john 1:7 + 9 . but there are sins of omission and sins of commission this is our bad failing to do as the Lord instructed .

You have not gotten me to understand separate judgments as I have been showing you this all along.
well of course how silly of me .in your beginning post you stated only 1 judgment. now your changing it lol i showed in scripture they was separate wheat 1 chaff 2 .it really doesn't matter it will take place how God wants it

ok so we agree two separate judgments so we have no need in disagreement i am very familiar with the bema seat much of this is figurative language .in paul time being a athlete was a huge thing. they was given rewards for winning the event. paul saw the bema seat as when he wrote we will give a account of the good and bad good we done the bad missed opportunities as Christians. we will not be judged for sins as our sins are under the Blood 1 john 1:7 + 9 . but there are sins of omission and sins of commission this is our bad failing to do as the Lord instructed .

In 2 Corinthians 5:10 Paul says that all must appear before the judgment seat of Christ and receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

When Paul said "all" I have to take this to mean those who are of faith and those who are not as some sow to the Spirit and some sow to the flesh, (sheep and goats). We know flesh and Spirit can not mix as flesh is enmity against the Spirit, Romans 8:5-9; Galatians 6:7, 8.

We agree in two separate judgments, but I don't think you see within the scriptures it is all done at the bema seat of Christ during God's final judgment that scripture calls the great white throne judgment. The great white throne is that of God's righteous judgment, not a literal court room, commited to Christ as He separates the sheep from the goats from every nation and all will reap what they haved sowed, John 5:28, 29.

i hate to correct you... buttt i said separate not multiple sheep on the right one group goats on the left the second group .it took me a while i got for his glory to part way see what i was saying { In each of those passages, on the Day of the Lord, one .. the dead are raised and are judged according to what they had done in this life. two Those who believed in Jesus and did God's will will be given eternal life and those who did not will be sent to the second death.} 2 separate judgments
Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years. what the exact timeline on this thousand years i do not know .. these two scriptures who is the rest of the dead ? why would scripture say the first Resurrection twice ? i noticed you mention darby several times in your post about end times.. to my knowledge i have never read his materiel.. i have a john hagee prophecy study bible that was given to me ( i seldom use it } . the thousand year reign is a very complicated subject. where christ reigns over the earth. i dont mean to be disrespectful and i am not,,i just simply do not agree nothing more nothing less i am guessing you meant to use way instead of war ... but this i agree with just like on the 2nd coming of Christ .it will happen his way his time frame we are to be ready and if we are ready we have no fear..

You really do not need to use such a large font to get your point across as this is a Bible study and not a shouting match. Please keep the discussion civil as we are brothers and sisters in Christ, thank you.

You really do not need to use such a large font to get your point across as this is a Bible study and not a shouting match. Please keep the discussion civil as we are brothers and sisters in Christ, thank you.
the bold prints happens when i copied and pasted the scripture .. needs to be a chilling ..its NOT shouting . that has to be the silliest thing ever made up on the net. some times i use caps out of not knowing it.. other time i use caps as type point i am reading Hebrews 10 on my computer when i copy and paste this is how it turns out
Hebrews 10 King James Version (KJV)10 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. its not me ! i use bible gate way not a shouting match them 4 words was copied from your post .and when copied is how they turn out . its not a excuse but a fact of how it turns out.. if i think off it i can turn the Bold off . i dont always think of it.. i may get aggravated but nothing is personal .if it were i would say it in a manner that was directed at . i will be back later i have a message to prepare with what scriptures i would like to use

Back