Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Just another born again Christian

TRIGGER WARNING:
Before I continue typing, please be advised that what I am about to share may be upsetting to others.

I shall try and add less detail, however I also wish to share my experiences with others in hopes of educating people.

Anyway….

Hi, I am Alan and I am from Hertfordshire in England.

Several years ago I went through a downward spiral where I was confused about who I was as a person and what I believed.

Growing up I lived in a strict family of Christians and Catholics so Jesus was very important and after experiencing a few tragic moments of loss, I became extremely vulnerable.

This is where I turned to unhealthy habits. After not experiencing any satisfaction from these bad habits, I tried seeking refuge in salvation by attending a church.

Little did I realize that this was not any ordinary church, this was actually an LDS (Mormon) church.
(This no disrespect to any Mormons on here, I am only sharing my experiences with a specific church in particular and describing all Mormon churches as a whole).

After spending some time with the Mormon church and it’s members, I was very convinced that this was the right faith for me.

Within a month or two, I was encouraged to get baptized and even some of the members were trying get me to become an elder within a church outside of the country.

The last few months of my stay within the Mormon church were very miserable, I felt like I was manipulated and often I witnessed people criticizing anyone who wasn’t a Mormon or dared question Mormonism in general.

One day I decided to return to the Church Of England because I couldn’t handle the stress and pressure of Mormonism beliefs and now I am on the path of becoming a Christian again.

My deepest fear is God and Jesus may reject me, I just hope that is not the case.

Well, that is pretty much my journey in to my faith.

Other than that, there is nothing really at all interesting about me except that I am married and I work as a software engineer for a tech company.

My hobbies and interests are hiking, camping, art, photography and nature.

TRIGGER WARNING:
Before I continue typing, please be advised that what I am about to share may be upsetting to others.

I shall try and add less detail, however I also wish to share my experiences with others in hopes of educating people.

Anyway….

Hi, I am Alan and I am from Hertfordshire in England.

Several years ago I went through a downward spiral where I was confused about who I was as a person and what I believed.

Growing up I lived in a strict family of Christians and Catholics so Jesus was very important and after experiencing a few tragic moments of loss, I became extremely vulnerable.

This is where I turned to unhealthy habits. After not experiencing any satisfaction from these bad habits, I tried seeking refuge in salvation by attending a church.

Little did I realize that this was not any ordinary church, this was actually an LDS (Mormon) church.
(This no disrespect to any Mormons on here, I am only sharing my experiences with a specific church in particular and describing all Mormon churches as a whole).

After spending some time with the Mormon church and it’s members, I was very convinced that this was the right faith for me.

Within a month or two, I was encouraged to get baptized and even some of the members were trying get me to become an elder within a church outside of the country.

The last few months of my stay within the Mormon church were very miserable, I felt like I was manipulated and often I witnessed people criticizing anyone who wasn’t a Mormon or dared question Mormonism in general.

One day I decided to return to the Church Of England because I couldn’t handle the stress and pressure of Mormonism beliefs and now I am on the path of becoming a Christian again.

My deepest fear is God and Jesus may reject me, I just hope that is not the case.

Well, that is pretty much my journey in to my faith.

Other than that, there is nothing really at all interesting about me except that I am married and I work as a software engineer for a tech company.

My hobbies and interests are hiking, camping, art, photography and nature.

Welcome to Christian Forums.

Mormonism can indeed be very strict, and they have some highly questionable doctrines. But I am very happy to hear that you have decided to give yourself back to your traditional Christian upbringing. While we have a freedom in Christ, we are not to use it for ungodly purposes but to please the Lord, and when it is done out of freewill from the heart is when it is truly pleasing to Him.

Blessings in Christ, and I hope you enjoy your membership here.
Hidden In Him

Welcome to Christian Forums.

Mormonism can indeed be very strict, and they have some highly questionable doctrines. But I am very happy to hear that you have decided to give yourself back to your traditional Christian upbringing. While we have a freedom in Christ, we are not to use it for ungodly purposes but to please the Lord, and when it is done out of freewill from the heart is when it is truly pleasing to Him.

Blessings in Christ, and I hope you enjoy your membership here.
Hidden In Him
Thank you very much :thm

Yes, I found Mormonism very strict, the way the church members behaved was very unpleasant, but do not worry, although I am no longer a Mormon, I do not view all Mormons in the same way, I know there are some good ones out there and I also understand that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs so I respect anybody on here who is maybe a Mormon or a friend of a Mormon :biggrin2

Anyway, thanks again for welcoming me to the forums, I just hope that our Lord and saviour welcomes me back in open arms.

Sometimes I have a deep anxiety of rejection, the last thing I want is to disappoint God.

Anyway, thanks again for welcoming me to the forums, I just hope that our Lord and savior welcomes me back in open arms.

Sometimes I have a deep anxiety of rejection, the last thing I want is to disappoint God.

The True God is extremely patient and forgiving, and I am a living testimony of that. All you need to do is give Him your best. Do you have a Bible you like to read?

Hi Disciple Of God and welcome to CF :wave2

God said He would never leave us or forsake us so no need to worry about that. Being a Christian is not about denominations/non-denominations, but about your faith and personal relationship with Jesus through the Spiritual rebirth from above and being indwelled with the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9-10. If you are looking for a Church just pray and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you where you need to be and that door will be opened to you.

God bless you on this Spiritual journey as you grow in all truths developing your relationship with Christ Jesus. :)

Being a Christian is not about religion or church. It is about having a personal relationship with the Triune God.
Talk to God more often about your problems.

Back