Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs KABOOOM!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Barbarian

From the Addison Kaboomtown 4th of July display:
5909449546_6a027ecfcd_b.jpg

5909450174_162fa3cc04_b.jpg

5901068293_ae697920c2_b.jpg

5901061293_3532f83327_b.jpg

Wow! Once again, nice pics. Sharp and clear, especially for night shots. Is there enough light from the fireworks that allows for fast shutter speeds and clear shots? (I don't know much about photography but I do understand some).

Actually, you don't want really fast shutter speeds. You want those nice lines that show up in longer exposures. So you use a tripod, set the aperture to maybe f11, and depending on the kind of fireworks, from 1 to 4 seconds exposure.

Works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
or in the old days use a thousand film speed and manually guess the time needed. tricky to do that, and takes practice.

In the old days, the only color film close to that was GAF 500, and it had grain like rocks.

Kodachrome back then was 25 ASA.

Then, someone figured out how to make flat silver halide crystals. Huge improvement.

In the old days, the only color film close to that was GAF 500, and it had grain like rocks.

Kodachrome back then was 25 ASA.

Then, someone figured out how to make flat silver halide crystals. Huge improvement.
old is relative. i meant kodachrome circa late 80s and early 90s.

i used to do some of that .in black and white.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back