Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hobbies Keeping busy.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
30076840275_38d7f6e265_b.jpg

No, I generally don't, because while cameras are legally permitted in any publicly-accessible space, tripods are often restricted. Digital cameras today are good enough with better sensors reasonably fast lenses, and shake reduction, that unless I'm doing some kind of specialized macro or HDR work or long telephoto shots, I don't need one.

No, I generally don't, because while cameras are legally permitted in any publicly-accessible space, tripods are often restricted. Digital cameras today are good enough with better sensors reasonably fast lenses, and shake reduction, that unless I'm doing some kind of specialized macro or HDR work or long telephoto shots, I don't need one.
I guess you could just lean the camera on something too, if the morning's coffee is manifesting itself.
Cameras are getting very sophisticated now days.
Have you ever seen a mono-pod?
I don't know if they exist, but it would make sense in such a tri-pod phobic world.:biggrin2

I guess you could just lean the camera on something too, if the morning's coffee is manifesting itself.
Cameras are getting very sophisticated now days.
I don't know if they exist, but it would make sense in such a tri-pod phobic world.:biggrin2
they are used with a ziun crane and yes I see them often .
in time I will add a few lenses and upgrade my camera and a mono pod with be in the works

I have two. It's kinda odd, the ways one best steadies it.

I rarely need support for the camera.

I have two. It's kinda odd, the ways one best steadies it.

I rarely need support for the camera.
night and long term exposure you will or using it to photo stars .

night and long term exposure you will or using it to photo stars .
Right. Those are the conditions when a tripod is a good idea. Or a monopod, if you're skilled with it. Here's one where a tripod was essential:
30811252772_504c0815e0_b.jpg

I wanted to get the people in the ride, but I wanted motion blur, too. So I took one shot of it at a fast speed, to get a sharp picture,and then did a long exposure to get the blur. Then I stacked them, and set the density of the top image to 50%. And I got what I wanted.

I guess some hobbies are more expensive than others.
You can get some remarkable results with cheap equipment and a bit of editing work...

51349365107_27067758ae_b.jpg

The black and white is a snapshot with a phone camera.

Below is was done by stitching a number of phone camera images together.
51339938926_e2b9d9563e_h.jpg

You can get some remarkable results with cheap equipment and a bit of editing work...

51349365107_27067758ae_b.jpg

The black and white is a snapshot with a phone camera.

Below is was done by stitching a number of phone camera images together.
51339938926_e2b9d9563e_h.jpg
This is wonderful !
Do you do this stitching in a dark room? Or do you do it on a computer?

You can do it. The software is free from Microsoft. Er, apparently Microsoft no longer supports it. But you can get it here:

It's pretty simple to use. For most things, use the "rotating camera option" so that you can edit the image freely.

You can do stuff like this, if you cover 180 degrees with your images:
51490566056_fbe80529c7_b.jpg

This one uses the "orthographic"option. It's not absolutely perfect; sometimes, you have to tidy up lines and such. But it's remarkably good for free. This was also done with a cell phone.

You can do it. The software is free from Microsoft. Er, apparently Microsoft no longer supports it. But you can get it here:

It's pretty simple to use. For most things, use the "rotating camera option" so that you can edit the image freely.
OK, thanks.
But I'm still using a flip-phone and can barely use my computer...which is so old it is a pull start like a lawn mower. :lol
It does get good mileage though.

Especially if your hobby makes you some money.

My wife likes to bake and sell deserts. It's a genuine hobby because she enjoys combing the internet for Youtube videos on new recipes, ideas, techniques etc. from people. (about half of them are gay guys, but they're usually kinda funny at least).

Btw, is watching football considered a hobby? I doubt anyone will ever pay me for it, but that I'd agree to watch even more if they did.

My wife likes to bake and sell deserts. It's a genuine hobby because she enjoys combing the internet for Youtube videos on new recipes, ideas, techniques etc. from people. (about half of them are gay guys, but they're usually kinda funny at least).

Btw, is watching football considered a hobby? I doubt anyone will ever pay me for it, but that I'd agree to watch even more if they did.
Hah.
It is if you obtain some reward from it.
Relaxation, rest, calmness, or maybe a skill.
Frankly, I get so involved with "home teams" that I don't enjoy watching sports on TV anymore.
They just legalized on-line betting here in Arizona, and their TV commercials outnumber the new car commercials now.
If you have money to bet, that could be a hobby.
It is funny though, because they end every ad with a message about addiction to gambling !!!

I think they are called "scouts."
Hah.
It is if you obtain some reward from it.
Relaxation, rest, calmness, or maybe a skill.
Frankly, I get so involved with "home teams" that I don't enjoy watching sports on TV anymore.
They just legalized on-line betting here in Arizona, and their TV commercials outnumber the new car commercials now.
If you have money to bet, that could be a hobby.
It is funny though, because they end every ad with a message about addiction to gambling !!!

Thanks for the chuckles. :lol My "home team" is getting a bit roughed up today, so I don't believe I'm particularly interested in doing any scouting OR betting at the moment, LoL.

Its always good to keep busy and have a hobby its positive and good for the mind.

I did read right. Started thinking I was in a photographer thread. I was just saying my hobby is county chorus. We sing places and things. Otherwise I just play tikipeaks solitaire these days and get on forums if I have free time/church.

I did read right. Started thinking I was in a photographer thread. I was just saying my hobby is county chorus. We sing places and things. Otherwise I just play tikipeaks solitaire these days and get on forums if I have free time/church.

Sure you didn't mean Tripeaks? Unless your game is associated with Polynesian mythology... but I'm guessing that was probably a typo.

Back