Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] kindness

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
my dad's being genuinely...kind...to me. its not all emo and stuff, its...being at ease, kind, neither angry nor a sense of obligation ( as best I can tell...), and...

yeah. I don't know if "Schizophrenia" is real or if I even really have it, but...that's the thing; the label is mine, and it's part of what I deal with, and its not -all bad- , its just...

frustrating, to be an outcast and such and no one cares for or about me except for Jesus and my (long suffering, loving) parents. I mean...I have acquaintances, 1 long term...she keeps in touch...but...

yeah. overall, I'm in this odd position where my parents are increasingly kind to me (my dad in particular...means a lot, trust me...), and since I'm -not- a member of this or any community and I cannot support myself (no one was going to hire me around here, anyway, even before the "Schizophrenia" label was permanently applied...), its kind of like...

kindness matters. especially to me, and I imagine people with similar situations, similar backstories. matters a lot, actually. not "nice" although "nice" beats rude or mean spirited and all...

no. kind. kindness. Especially coming from my (hard working, kind) parents, this is a huge blessing. :)

and since I'm -not- a member of this or any community and I cannot support myself (no one was going to hire me around here, anyway, even before the "Schizophrenia" label was permanently applied...),

I think that if it is their label that they put on you and if they don't want to let go of it (they need the business), then they should be sending you monthly checks as in a disability check or whatever.

You are a free man. If you was dangerous then you would not be walking around free. But they wont let go of their label so I'd go apply for disability because it does affect your life in a big way. Makes sense to me.

yeah...not to whine and/or go all Sociology 101, but...

while I -highly doubt- that I would be a white collar professional or anything, the psych industry really destroyed what earning power I -might- have had, at some point in my life. sick from being over-medicated, labeled for "non compliance," all kinds of stuff. -not- that I was sinless, just...

man oh man, these shrinks are crazy. and crazy-making. but the label's on me, like..whoa.

yeah...not to whine and/or go all Sociology 101, but...

while I -highly doubt- that I would be a white collar professional or anything, the psych industry really destroyed what earning power I -might- have had, at some point in my life. sick from being over-medicated, labeled for "non compliance," all kinds of stuff. -not- that I was sinless, just...

man oh man, these shrinks are crazy. and crazy-making. but the label's on me, like..whoa.

You could always go into business for yourself? You don't need 40K in the bank to go into business and I proved that. You need some money but it takes more drive than money.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back