Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

KJV-onlyism?

Well I respect the Word of God, I do not respect those who change it. I speak the truth as it has been shown to me, I do not intend to offend those who honor Gods word but if I offend those who do not, I can not help that.
I was not aware that you decided what I must respect?

"respect this version" does not mean much to one who has taking the time and effort to study the Greek. I suggest you take that time also before you attempt to defend and demand that others respect that which is clearly in error.

M: Although I don't think you're aware of what I have studied, I have read reba's post and would now prefer to move on.

Another interesting and in parts helpful book on this subject is James White's The King James Only Controversy. I think it's by Bethany House Publishers, unless I'm mistaken.

Although I don't think I agree with all of it, it has various helpful aspects, going into historical and other backgrounds. I was quite favorably impressed with it, I seem to remember, although it's been a while.

So we must now limit our ability to discuss this issue based upon some unclear understanding of "respectful"? I see people make fun of the gifts of the Holy Spirit on this forum daily.
I see all sorts of basphemy and false doctrine. We have threads on this forum that even question the epistles of Peter! But dont tell the truth about the KJV? Dont disrespect the KJV! what?

I have not direspected any person nor the Word of God. I say the KJV is full of errors and many of them seem intentional and considering that the book was formed and translated by a group of known free-masons i believe they are. I have stated my beliefs in an honest and respectful way, if they offend someone? The truth often does.

There are no questions in my post. They are statements in conflict with the video. I do not believe there is anything special about the KJV.

You might want to consider a different source than Hoviind, too. While he is an ardent creationist, he doesn't bother with any proof for his views. Then there's his tax fraud conviction. Not exactly the flag bearer for Christianity.

Paul persecuted and killed Christians, so according to your logic he is not a flag bearer for christianity either.

So we must now limit our ability to discuss this issue based upon some unclear understanding of "respectful"? I see people make fun of the gifts of the Holy Spirit on this forum daily.
I see all sorts of basphemy and false doctrine. We have threads on this forum that even question the epistles of Peter! But dont tell the truth about the KJV? Dont disrespect the KJV! what?

I have not direspected any person nor the Word of God. I say the KJV is full of errors and many of them seem intentional and considering that the book was formed and translated by a group of known free-masons i believe they are. I have stated my beliefs in an honest and respectful way, if they offend someone? The truth often does.

I read your post before it was edited and your argument is almost verbatim for the arguments in favor of the KJV. Coincidence? Hardly...

Hey guys this is not a place for personal battles...... 2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.
Each of us is the other......

The KJV doesn't even need to be read as Mr H claims it reads. 'Them', even in the KJV at Psalm 12.7 can refer back to those people being preserved.

The KJV doesn't even need to be read as Mr H claims it reads. 'Them', even in the KJV at Psalm 12.7 can refer back to those people being preserved.
Verse 6&7 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever

I read your post before it was edited and your argument is almost verbatim for the arguments in favor of the KJV. Coincidence? Hardly...
Yes the point has been made that the reasons the KJV folks give to denounce all other tranlations is true of the KJV. That was the point, to uncover the hypocricy of their positions.

They challenge any who would translate the Greek and make all sorts of charges against them. But when one looks at the translators and motives of those who formed the KJV, and points out their many mistakes and ungodly behavior, this great cry of religious indignation is heard?

This is why I promote the Greek as final authority, no translation is without fault and the KJV has more than most.
The reason so many new translations have been brought forward is because when one learns even the basics of Greek they begin to see the error of the KJV.

I believe we should teach our children, from the early years to read and understand biblical Greek.
Then the Fire of revival will have a place of eternal truth upon which to rest.

Paul repented. Hovind hasn't. Without repentance, there is no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no authority. Without authority, there is no ministry. Hovind has disqualified himself.

Thats quite a stretch my friend. Unless you have been with Hovind 24/7 or you are God there is no way to substantiate that claim. Your whole argument is an ad-hominem attack. You are awfully quick to judge, you really need to take the plank out of your own eye. Maybe you have forgotton the words that ,all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. And please tell me at what point did his sins become worse than yours? And since you have sinned by your own logic your message about christianity has disqualified your message. You have repented you say? Not yet, you just judged a brother in christ(Hovind)

Yes the point has been made that the reasons the KJV folks give to denounce all other tranlations is true of the KJV. That was the point, to uncover the hypocricy of their positions.

They challenge any who would translate the Greek and make all sorts of charges against them. But when one looks at the translators and motives of those who formed the KJV, and points out their many mistakes and ungodly behavior, this great cry of religious indignation is heard?

This is why I promote the Greek as final authority, no translation is without fault and the KJV has more than most.
The reason so many new translations have been brought forward is because when one learns even the basics of Greek they begin to see the error of the KJV.

I believe we should teach our children, from the early years to read and understand biblical Greek.
Then the Fire of revival will have a place of eternal truth upon which to rest.

That is YOUR opinion and I will respect that. Ultimetly we wont know until until we enter into eternity.

SY; I am sorry. I couldn't get past the first point he makes which is a grossly erroneous fallacy. If someone can start out with their very first point being so out of context and erroneous, I have no time for him or her. He actually tries to get everyone to think that the "them" in Ps 12;7 (KJV) is referring the the words of the Lord when even a quick reading of the short Psalm reveals that the "them" IS NOT referring to the words of the Lord but His people, just as the NIV translates. Psalm 12 is a cry of David for help to the Lord for protection and preservation from the oppression of a wicked generation. This ACTUALLY is a case AGAINST the KJV Mr. Hovind.

It is refering to the words of the Lord... Read verse 6,
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever

That is YOUR opinion and I will respect that. Ultimetly we wont know until until we enter into eternity.
Yes all the works of darkness will be brought to light by the brightness of His coming. I say that my opinion is that which has been revealed by His Light. We are to be as "believers" already in the "eternal" light of truth. Not walking around as blind men, nor being deceived by the sons of darkness.

For it is written that the sons of darkness are wiser than the Sons Of Light. It should not be so!

Yes all the works of darkness will be brought to light by the brightness of His coming. I say that my opinion is that which has been revealed by His Light. We are to be as "believers" already in the "eternal" light of truth. Not walking around as blind men, nor being deceived by the sons of darkness.

For it is written that the sons of darkness are wiser than the Sons Of Light. It should not be so!

What do you mean by "...my opinion is that which has been revealed by His Light"? Not sure I understand.

Verse 6&7 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever

Stone-y: try further back in the chapter. For example, verse one refers to 'the faithful'.

What do you mean by "...my opinion is that which has been revealed by His Light"? Not sure I understand.
Well I have studied to SHOW myself approved before God.
I have done the labor to search out the issue. So I do not take a position that I stand in darkness but In the Light.

So, I do not accept that we cannot know the truth but that we can. That this "one day in heaven" we will know, is just not biblical as it relates to this issue.

It's always good to pursue a balanced view of such issues. Sometimes hard to achieve, of course.
I agree that we should approach every issue of truth in and honest way. But the term "balanced" can mean alot of things to alot of people. God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

When He begins to purify a believer, he puts in them, a hatred for the darkness and deceptions of the enemy.

"Luke warm" is not accepted!

He does allow us to come to truth in understanding of our weaknesses and limited ability. But no lie is of the truth and He will purge His house of leaven and false doctrines.

Back