Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Life is growing so empty..

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't know why I can not leave this thread alone. I guess it's the counselor that is in me. I think you are just psychoanalyzing everything to much and just need to take a step back from all that thinking and get your mind clear. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that maybe you need to get away for awhile and that might do you some good. I know you spend a lot of time by yourself already, but sometimes a change of scenery can unclog the mind and give you a new perspective. Like I said earlier, God is not going to tell you what to do, but will open that door when you are ready.

Here is something I would like you to do. First of all you have to clear your mind and then finish this sentence with the first thing that pops into your mind. "I really enjoy........"

You are young and you will figure it all out in time. Just be happy with yourself and who you are in the Lord and don't worry about making your mark in this life, but enjoy life instead.

Yeah you are absolutely right.. I do need a major change of scenery. I spend a great deal of time stuck at home, confined in my bedroom that at times it feels like the outside world doesn't even exist. You know, over the summer I usually visit my relatives who live in Seattle,Washington but unfortunately I wasn't able to make it this year. That's where I usually go during the year to get away from everything, but my relatives are having some financial problems right now so it's not a good time for me to come down. I am just truly depressed and wish I could do something with myself. I feel so alone right now. I truly feel hopeless. I do nothing meaningful with my time at home. I usually just wake up, clean the house, and sit on the internet. I would like to spend more time with my friends but as I've previously stated, they don't really answer my phone calls so I'm stuck spending time alone. It sucks because I used to be very close with both of them until this year we started growing distant because they just stopped communicating with me. I doubt it's anything I've personally done. I guess that just happens sometimes.. It's just a very unpleasant situation. I wish God could take control of my life with his own hands, and lead me towards the right path. Because I just am not capable of doing that myself. I feel like such a weak individual. Am I truly this pitiful that I can't do anything right for myself? It sucks because I know that I have potential and I squander it because I just cant identify what direction to take my life. Sigh, I figure in a few days, I'll just go back to searching for a job again. That's the only idea I have. Other than that, what else can I really do? I don't know.. There are no answers to anything.. I wish I could just get away from my home and go far away but I don't have a car and I'm just stuck..

I wish I could live my life as a NORMAL teenager. Going to fun partys and get-togethers, having a lot of companions and being normal. Just having a good time.. Just being normal.. Just being alive. Just feeling alive.. Sigh. What I'd give for that kind of life..

throughout history, life has sucked for most people. You never hear the life stories of slaves, recorded in ancient Greek history, only about the pompous glory and easy lives of it's aristocracy. We get to thinking our lives have no meaning unless we have a beautiful wife, alot of money, lots of friends.

I guess that's why the bible has so much appeal, it's the stories of the lowest, most downtrodden people, and how they are never really alone, and also, the stories of the richest, most powerful people, and how they are really the same as us, in their relationship to God.

Being alone means you can draw closer to God.

Human relationships can be very disappointing, I've come to realize, out of the trillions of planets and alien races out there, humans are pretty low on the totem pole, it's only normal to suffer here on earth if you are a good person.

I do think it'st important to keep physically health when you are depressed and lonely, it really helps me feel good, to feel good physically. Running or jogging is the best, getting your blood really flowing for about 40 minutes, work your way up to about 40 minutes of jogging. I exercise the chest, back, biceps, stomach, about once every four days.

Back in February, 1982, I turned 23, my salary was equivalent to about $60K in today’s dollars, I got married, my new wife was expecting our first child, and two months later in April we closed on our first home mortgage. We were living the American dream, high on life. The following month in May, I was informed by my employer that due to economic conditions 1/3 of us, including me, would be laid off on May 30 indefinitely. The iron range of northern MN was just starting to suffer serious economic troubles as unemployment eventually grew to over 20% so after 26 weeks I still had not found a job. Fortunately, the federal government voted to finance extensions for unemployment insurance and I was able to live on unemployment insurance for nearly a year. I finally found employment with a former employer in the logging business. It was very hard work with low pay but it paid the bills and kept us fed. We were not using the welfare system throughout this time except for the home heating fuel assistance program. We were too proud for that.

We survived on the logging job for a couple years and then my wife started a home-based business selling knit sweaters. Her business grew so much that in two years I quit my logging job and began working full-time with her. Gross sales were doubling each year and in 1986 we grossed nearly $100K in sales. Life was really looking up.

Then it happened. My wife comes to me one day out of the blue and tells me she thinks we need to separate. I about dropped my drawers. We separated for four months and during that time our business fell apart, I became aware of at least four different men she had relations with, I went into severe depression, and attempted suicide. When she came to me after four months and said she’d like to try repairing our marriage I said yes. I then learned she was pregnant from one of the guys and I am embarrassed to admit it but I told her that I could never love that child as it would be a constant reminder of what she did. It was just one more nail in my coffin and I almost lost control again. As a result, she chose to have an abortion.

Needless to say, our marriage was never the same. The next three years our income tax statements showed gross incomes less than $300.00 each year. We were forced to swallow our pride and accept help from the welfare system in order to survive. During that time we decided that maybe we should consider selling our house so we contacted a real estate broker. They told us that they could list the property for about $20K and hope to get $18K. We still owed $27K on our mortgage! Selling the house was not an option. Eventually, our marriage totally collapsed. I can remember how our situation was so bad that a neighbor would ask me to go fishing with him and I was embarrassed as I couldn’t afford to spare a dollar to help pay for bait.

This was a period in my life that I am not proud to share but I’m sharing it with you to let you know there are others that struggle too. One thing you have going for you in your situation is that you still have God in your life. I was not a believer during this time in my life and I didn’t know I could turn to Him and I suffered some very bleak moments.

Reading your story my thoughts immediately turned to Job from the Old Testament. Here was a man who was comfortable in his life. He had money, possessions, family, and he trusted in God. But then everything was taken away. His family died, his possessions lost, his health deteriorated, and he was near death. Like you he struggled and got angry with God but one thing he did not do was forsake God. He held on to his faith no matter how tough things got and eventually God rewarded him for his faith. We don’t always know why things happen the way they do but we can know one thing. No matter what life throws at us, it can never steal us from the love of God. Be strong. Put your trust in Jesus and look to Him for your strength. Take heart and remember He is there right beside you no matter what. He will not leave you. Focus on Him and not on your troubles.

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink? or “What shall we wear?” For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” ( Matthew 6:25-34 NKJV)<O:tongue</O:tongue

As far as making $100 grand a year, that's how the world of fashion goes, something becomes hot, one day, the next day it's not.

That's a pretty sad story about your wife, I guess Jesus never had a wife, maybe that's why he said it's better to go without one , if you become an ardent follower of the Lord, because Satan will surely come to destroy your relationship. Almost everything on TV and in the media is to convince women to have a fling, Desperate Housewives, etc, Satan hates nothing more than love.

I think the Christian church has been the place where all the weddings have taken place, so obviously loving, lasting marriage is an important part of the fruit of Christianity.

One thing I have realized though, is Satan is all about money. Money = Power. If you are a Christian and you start making money, WATCH OUT, you have power now, and Satan will absolutely come against you. The first thing he's gonna come for is your wife, the old stereotypes of vampires having the ability to swoon and seduce women has alot of basis in fact, I believe. Satan and his imps DO have a certain power over women, to seduce their flesh.

You are probably so angry with your wife, yet you don't realize she's a victim of this world, too, and her life has been ruined, too. Men are able to seduce women, that is just how it is, and women like to play that game, it's natural. Most societies like Muslim societies and traditional christian societies keep women from fraternizing with men for obvious reasons that our satanic media laughs about, because they are mostly lesbians and homosexuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, I've seen with my own eyes, this world is full of evil beings, who delight in tormenting us. Calling them 'evil' isn't sufficient, they are the most venomous, sadistic, cruel, crazy mean snake like entities you could ever imagine. They LOVE to drive good people to suicide. You will see the masses of humanity cackle with hideous laughter, at nice Christian people on TV, trying to help others. That is because the mobs of fallen humanity basically ARE the devil now. They are one with these entities, and these entities have been here for thousands of years, doing the same thing, presiding over the Roman Colliseum, the gladiator games.

If they are beating you, just remember they are ancient spirits, and a thousand times more tricky than you, keep in mental, spiritual contact with kind, loving spirits, no matter what they look like, how boring they are, because a person who sincerely cares about you, is a million times more precious than the most beautiful person who doesn't, the most exciting performer who doesn't know your name.

Things are coming to a climax now, Satan has possessed the masses and he attacks the remnant of the church, scattered across the globe. Christ is forced to retreat, into his few remaining vessels, but he becomes more concentrated, the fewer people he has to possess and live inside, so if you are one of those people, that he can dwell inside, you will feel a mighty surge of brilliance, you need a healthy body and mind to reap the full benefits of the life force.

Satan will try to take this world over soon, there may be a nuclear war, or Satan will basically withdrawl all the currency and basically create a complete monopoly on commerce, so you cannot buy or sell without the mark of the beast.

The bible warns, food will be worth more than gold.

If you have some money, there are many places you can buy the year supply of food. Costco was selling a year supply for $800, a great deal. You need alot of water to re-hydrate these dehydrated foods.

Having food to eat will help you immensely, avoid having to bow and scrape before the demons. Food will become your new purpose in life, if you don't have it. When you are starving, nothing else really matters, it can be a kind of peaceful state of mind, not having to care about anything else. It can sort of reset your depression, all other cares fade away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also add, your computer is not a living thing, you may be able to communicate, with other people, and that is certainly a comfort, but the living life force, only resides, in people, and the closer you are to them, the stronger and more real it is. I've yet to see an online christian community that is not relentlessly attacked by satan's legions, almost any place christians attempt to gather seems to be just completely ransacked by the foulest, smelliest, stupidest Marxists and wicked people.

I went to Christianforums.com, and 3/4's of the posters are atheist, christ bashing morons, go on yahoo chat christian rooms and it's the same thing. These people REALLY fear online christian communities, I think because it IS such a powerful tool for uniting christians, in real life, but they want to make sure that doesn't happen.

Thanks for your posts guys..I just.. I'm desperately losing hope. I'm so painfully depressed lately. I recently checked myself back into Therapy. I used to have a Therapist about 6 years ago, and I saw him regularly but sadly he relocated, and recently I found out his new current location so I saw him yesterday and we spoke briefly and it was so nice to see him in such a long time. Unfortunately he has been promoted to a Supervisor position so I'm not entirely sure if he's even allowed to take patients now. I truly hope that I can work something out with them so they can set me up with him because I have a really great connection with him and I find hope in talking to him.

I can't do this anymore. I feel so alone and isolated. I wake up every single day of my life, knowing I have so much potential in this world but I feel so damn restricted. I wish I could just go out and do something with myself. When God when? When will you show me the way I must walk? When will I be able to escape isolation? When will I be able to throw away this old life, and travel downwards a newer, brighter path to a more promising future? Please Lord, don't let me waste away my years God. Please, don't allow me to squander my youth and my remaining years as a teenager. Please Lord, I need to find more enjoyment in my life. I have no happiness in anything I do. Everyday I wake up and try to figure out what I can do, but I always end up at square one. I am so desperately seeking for an answer but maybe I'm just not asking the right questions. What am I supposed to do in this position? Where am I supposed to turn? I can't seem to bust out of this rut. I can't seem to escape the confinement of my house. I can't seem to leave this life. I can't seem to progress and advance in my life anymore. I feel like this is the biggest obstacle ever.

A wall so high I can't seem to overcome it. What can I do.. There just is no hope. I sit at home, stare out of my window and imagine if life was truly different. I know I have potential to be somebody.. Just wish I knew what I wanted to do.. I just don't know guys. I'm truly under the impression that this is how my life will be forever. Will I die alone like this? Will I forever remain imprisoned at home? Sure I can leave my house, but I have nowhere to go. I can't just call up a friend and hang out. I just am not fortunate enough to have good friends in my life. I can't just call up anybody and go places. I always am subjected to going everywhere alone and being by myself. Whether it be at home, or outside, It just pains me that a person as sincere as me is subjected to this kind of pitiful existence. Is there any hope left in this world? When will I be able to wake up, and know that I have something going for me? When will I wake up to purpose? This truly sucks.......

I remember I went to the doctor and said I was depressed one time and they gave me this little test with a bunch of the silliest multiple choice questions I've ever been asked, and this was the basis of their 'professional' diagnosis I suppose, but it just convinced me of what I already knew, that psychiatry is dumber than reading the entrails of chickens and juju magic. I mean there probably are some good psychiatrists, but let's face it, ALL of them are looking to make a profit off of sad, depressed people, which in and of itself is kind of depressing.

Nature always cheers me up, but it seems like here they just keep hacking down every last bit of nature to maximize profits.

Where do you live, just curious, xhayatox, so I can look up what is around there to do for you.

Just a small update.. It's been about a month or so since my last post. My situation still remains the same. My best friends still continue to not keep in contact with me, even after I've attempted numerous times to reach out to them and make plans. Now at this point you would be probably telling me to move on from them, and find new friends. But I wish it was that simple. Even if I find new friends, they will never replace these two best friends I've had. I've known my two best friends for over 8 years each. There is no way I'll ever meet somebody again that I will be able to call a "best friend". I Just don't know anymore. I think I'm just destined to be a lonely person throughout my entire life. Nothing is getting better at all. I don't know what to do anymore to improve my situation. I just need companionship desperately. A girlfriend, I dearly desire to have. I just don't know where to find one. I just don't know if there is anything more for me to look forward too. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe once I find a stable job, I'll make friends there but I highly doubt they will be people that I'd be able to actually call friends.

Through-out 2011, I've actually made a few friends here and there but these people are just insignificant. I hung out with them once or twice, and didn't really talk to them anymore afterwards because I just don't feel that sort of friendly connection so I moved on from them. I still talk to them online sometimes, but honestly I can't picture myself having a real friendship with any of them. Nothing really makes sense in my life anymore. It's the same crap every single day. I don't know where I'm going. And I hate that my relationship with my two best friends has gotten so terribly bad.

It's funny though, now that I think about it, I actually have a few good friends online that I've known for quite a few years so perhaps one day I'll meet some of them and we'll go on to be much better friends, seeing as how I've known them individually for a few years. I think I stand on good grounds with some of them, and perhaps that is my only answer right now. These online friends are the only ones who seem to care about me, as opposed to my real life best friends who don't care anymore. It's a sad situation. Really pitiful..

I just stumbled upon this thread today and my heart goes out to you.

I would like to encourage you to take one small step at a time and one day at a time. If you're still unemployed, actively keep looking for a job, leaving behind your other desires and concerns for the time being. Once you get yourself occupied in a job, the company of friends and perhaps even a girlfriend may automatically follow, not to mention money to get you out of the house and do other things. You seem overwhelmed by too many things and too many worries at the same time. Since you have much privacy these day, also use this as a perfect opportunity to worship God and dwell in His presence as much as you can. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4).

I will be praying for you regularly.. :pray

My life just continues to grow increasingly empty and void of any possible joy. I cannot seem to find any happiness in my life. I have spent the last several months applying agressively for a job. I did get hired a few weeks ago, but was unable to complete the training process and that led to my unfortunate termination. It's a long story. But anyway, my social life is a mess. My two best friends seem to want nothing to do with me. Whenever I try and make plans with them, they simply refuse to talk to me or tell me they aren't in the mood. As you can see, aside from the internet I have nobody to rely on. I feel like God has forsaken me, and left me stranded and alone. I spend the majority of my time at home. Aside from the internet, I do basically nothing. I have a few hobby's like Photography but that alone will not sustain me. I don't know why everybody around me seems like they have their lives in order. I can say with full honestly that God put me in this world without a purpose. My family believes I am nothing but a screw-up, and to be honest I couldn't agree more. What is the point of my existence? I feel like I am just a burden. I wish I could experience some joy in my life. Everything feels so useless to me. Nothing has any meaning. I wish God could open doors for me and allow me to have opportunity's.

I feel like I will never escape this solitary life. I am afraid that things will never get better. How long will I suffer this pitiful existence? Why do I continue to breathe, o Lord? Why do you continue to sustain somebody as pitiful as me? What good am I to this world, Dear Father? Clearly I cannot do anything right in my life. I can't believe that it is already November and I am still unemployed. I honestly thought I would be working a full-time job by now. I'd be bringing home a steady paycheck for my family, and showing my Mom I have potential and make her proud. I cannot do anything right. I feel like I should just end my life here and there. What is the point in carrying on? Maybe it is time for me to depart..

I have

-No Job
-No Money
-No Girlfriend
-No Social life
-No chance for a brighter future..

I have cried out to God for so long. This entire year has blazed by and I have nothing to show for it. I am afraid nobody can help me at this point. I try to read psalms from the Bible in times of distress like this, but what good will they do? The Lord still continues to stay silent and yet everybody around me continues to be happy. What is the reason for anything anymore? I have no strength left in me. I haven't seen joy in my life for a long time. Ever since my last relationship fell apart. It has been nothing but struggle. People tell me that God is here for me, yet I cannot sense his presence. I do not feel loved by anybody. I feel like the world has given up on me. Nobody cares about me. My two and only friends never even bothered to wish me a Happy Birthday. Nobody cares at all. God has closed the door and I am so lonely. I don't know what to do anymore..

I have struggled with apparent emptiness over the last few years. A recent lesson I might have learned is this:

If I am trying my best not to sin, then I am as good as anyone else. It’s an entertaining thought.

Thank you very much. I find your post deeply encouraging. I will continue to remain humble and hope for the best. I just... don't want to be alone anymore. Nothing breaks my heart more than having to waste away my life being isolated from the world, and not being able to do anything to fix it. Who can I truly turn to in my time of despair and solitude? I have a few online friends that live in various states across the U.S. I've known them for a few years, and they acknowledge my troubles and comfort me but their is only so much they can do considering we're only friends online..

I just ask myself what options I truly have right now. I've made friends on and off over the past few years, but I haven't met anybody who's actually wanted to stick around. The only people that I still remain good friends with after many years are my two current best friends, but as you already know, I have a very distant relationship with them now because they've chosen to separate themselves and not engage with me as much as they used too. That is why I wake up every morning wondering where I can go, who I can turn too.. I always find myself going back to the internet, the only place I can truly call home. The only place where I guess.. others care. Being alone has given me so much time to determine my needs and figure myself out, but I don't want to be alone anymore. I really desire to have a girlfriend, one that I can call my own, and be surrounded by friends who truly care. It's been such a long journey. I don't know where I'll end up honestly.

I seem to just be making people unhappy most of the time because I can't bring myself to looking for a job again because of how discouraging it was getting rejected all the time and having to travel from interview to interview and not getting anything. It's just a tedious process, but I guess it has to be done. I just need to find an escape from the world. I find myself being most happy in my dreams when I'm asleep. Over the past few weeks I've been having dreams of this ex-girlfriend I used to have a few years ago. Its a reminder of the past when I was truly happy and meant something to somebody. That is a feeling that I truly miss and haven't felt in so long. It's hard to believe my life has deteriorated so much over the years. I used to be actively engaged and wasn't such a loner, but that was when I was friends with fake superficial people.. That's not me anymore. I just can't find anybody that I can relate too. But I do appreciate everybodys resounding support. It's nice to know somebody at least cares.. Maybe it will get better, maybe it won't. But I will continue to seek out this happiness and bring joy to my life.. Thank you.

I just stumbled upon this thread today and my heart goes out to you.

I would like to encourage you to take one small step at a time and one day at a time. If you're still unemployed, actively keep looking for a job, leaving behind your other desires and concerns for the time being. Once you get yourself occupied in a job, the company of friends and perhaps even a girlfriend may automatically follow, not to mention money to get you out of the house and do other things. You seem overwhelmed by too many things and too many worries at the same time. Since you have much privacy these day, also use this as a perfect opportunity to worship God and dwell in His presence as much as you can. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4).

I will be praying for you regularly.. :pray

Nothing breaks my heart more than having to waste away my life being isolated from the world, ....

I really wonder which remote corner of the world you are tucked away in ... :chin

I always find myself going back to the internet, the only place I can truly call home. The only place where I guess.. others care.

Praise God for internet then. It can be used in both good and evil ways. 15 years ago, internet was unheard of but today God can use it to bring people together even if just virtually.

Are you involved in a church? That's one of the best places to meet people....

Back