Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Life without the Lord

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I just recently returned from my mom's. She is 90 and fell when she got off her horse. This is a true story, but that isn't what I really want to talk about.

I really want to talk about her neighbors. She has some great neighbors who are very helpful to a 90 year old woman that lives alone. Ron is retired and has lots of time one his hands. Mom still takes care of 4 horses. He has been very helpful in doing chores for her while she was laid up. However, they have fallen on hard times because his wife, Vicki has become very ill and the cost of her care is well beyond their income.

In order to save their home they deeded it over to their son. He is a lawyer with a significant income. He helps them with the bills so they can keep their home. The son is now going through a divorce so his wife's lawyer has instructed her to liquidate all their assets. This would include the property that his parents live on. Ron and Vicki have absolutely no security in anything because they do not know if they will have a home soon.

Luke 11:28-30 says, "Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

My mom's neighbors are the perfect example of people who have no rest in the Lord. Vicki has no hope of an eternal home so she will go to every length to preserve her life. Because of this she has started a chain reaction that could destroy the family. The added pressure that her son is under to provide for his mother has lead to pressure in his house hold and now his wife is seeking a divorce. Ron and Vicki's home is in jeopardy because it is no longer theirs. What a mess!!

I was able to witness to them while I was at my mom's. I pray that it takes root in their hearts because they need to security and rest the Lord provides. I ask myself this all the time. How do people live without Jesus? I thank Him every day that He is in my life and I can rest in His protection, security, and love.View attachment 4317

It's very difficult when we find ourselves between a rock and a hard place to try and find a solution. Sometimes it's better to lose all that we have in order to find that which is more important. I'm living proof of that. Some people find it and some just give up hope of ever finding that which will make them happy for eternity, because they refuse that which is before them. My way is not Gods way and he knows how to give us His very best if we just seek Him.

:pray for you and your family and that that light of Christ that shines through you they will see that light of Christ and be drawn to it.

I lost everything at one time in my life. I found out one thing. Like the old song says, "I'd rather have Jesus than anything the world affords me." He is all you need.

Back