Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Looking for........

I personally wouldn't go into a new church and try to change the way they do things. It is our job to investigate their belief system and way of doing things before we get involved, and if we can't agree we should get out.

Jesus never tried to overthrow the authority of the synagogues. That's my take on it.

destiny said:
I personally wouldn't go into a new church and try to change the way they do things. It is our job to investigate their belief system and way of doing things before we get involved, and if we can't agree we should get out.

Jesus never tried to overthrow the authority of the synagogues. That's my take on it.

Hi Destiny,

I did not make myself clear in my post, sorry, I did NOT try to change things in the church, in any church. What I did was went to my Pastor and discussed in a civil manner the things that were on my heart, about what was going on in MY head. I did NOT try to change anything.

In the church we are attending now, the Pastor doesn't even know we exist. :)

Vic C. said:
Spiffy,

That's one of the things I admire about our So. Baptist Congregation. We are grass roots and pretty much know where upstream our givings are going. The SBC does great ministry and missionary work, so I know our $$ are going to the right needs. I also know of the impact it has on a pastor that is called or consulted on just about every manner. It can burn them out.

I fully understand that other denominations and non denominations are as accountable for their spending as the SBC. :gah

Hi Vic,

That's awesome that you know where your money is being spent :thumb Like you say, they are held accountable to the money.....and Pastors DO get burnt out by doing all they must do in their positions. It's a tough job to take it all on.

Spiffy said:
destiny said:

Hi Destiny,

I did not make myself clear in my post, sorry, I did NOT try to change things in the church, in any church. What I did was went to my Pastor and discussed in a civil manner the things that were on my heart, about what was going on in MY head. I did NOT try to change anything.

In the church we are attending now, the Pastor doesn't even know we exist. :)
Spiffy, I was replying more to Vics comment than yours, Sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you.

There is a time to speak up, a time to just leave..etc. It depends on the situation we find ourself in, for sure. I'm not judging you at all!

I agree with : "We are not to try and change them. We are to leave" IF God shows you, that there is indeed something wrong.The problem is that the reality is that very few Christians indeed go to God with this question.

I suspect that most do not think that the Lord would even answer them if they asked. In another forum, when I spoke about hearing the voice of the Lord, one of the moderators posted a "ooooo beam me up Scotty! " and some other members laughed about me saying that we can hear the voice of the Lord. When I posted " My sheep hear my voice......" nobody carried on with the thread !

I am going to venture out and say that we all , if we took the time and really mean it, would be able to hear from the Lord regarding the matter of the present day church. But we first have to check our hearts, that IF He tells us something other than we want to hear, that we would then also be willing to go where He leads.

Scary thought,I know. But I would rather go WITH God into the wilderness, than stay WITHOUT Him in the "city".

Agreed.
God doesn't speak in a mystical or "out there" way to His people. He makes us to know and understand His voice in a way that is separate from the soulish realm and carnal mind.
The more we get to know Him the more we can discern His voice from our natural thoughts, and know His voice from the enemies injections into our thoughts. God is practical and guides us both in spirit and in truth. :thumb

Back