Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

lord of the rings

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasoncran

what is your favorite Lord of the Rings Charachater

I like Gandalph, and Biblo.

I wish the Hobbit was made first, not the the trilogy

jason

My favorite characters would be either Golum or Bombadil. Though Bombadil wasn't in the Movie, he was a great character. Golum for his back story and his character development from the Hobbit onward was really interesting. Watching him battle his iner self for good and evil.

Though the Ents where marvelous and Treebeard would be my 3rd favorite character. Walking wise trees of awesomeness.

jasoncran said:
my wife loves legolis, and elron is also in the hobbit.

jason
It would be nice if they made the entire Middle Earth series into movies or at-least a series. I want to see the Lost tales volume 1 and 2 made into a series. Not to mention the Sumerian. :)

I love the way that Aragorn symbolises the struggle of the human heart between the dignity and grandeur that God envisages for us and the destructive forces of our own weaknesses and the temptation to take things in the wrong way.

Let's face it - Legolis is just awesome! :biggrin. Never liked any of the hobbits though - usually skip through scenes with them in it, they get a bit boring!

That dwarf guy is pretty funny too! And the killing competition he has with Legolis continues throughout all three movies I think. :lol

Jeez you guys are killing me.

'Biblo', 'Gandalph', 'Legolis', 'Elron' 'Golum' 'the dwarf guy' 'Sumerian'??? And deciding whether you like the characters based on the MOVIES???

Apparently most of you haven't seen these words or characters in print (except for Lance who actually seems to have read some of the History of Middle Earth series).

Tolkien would roll in his grave!

Lance, even though the BOLT I and II are very difficult reading sometimes, it would be excellent to see the Fall of Gondolin as is written in BOLT II play out on the screen. This was an earlier rendition of it by Tolkien and is much better than the published version in 'The Silmarillion'.

guibox said:
Jeez you guys are killing me.

'Biblo', 'Gandalph', 'Legolis', 'Elron' 'Golum' 'the dwarf guy' 'Sumerian'??? And deciding whether you like the characters based on the MOVIES???

Apparently most of you haven't seen these words or characters in print (except for Lance who actually seems to have read some of the History of Middle Earth series).

Tolkien would roll in his grave!

Lance, even though the BOLT I and II are very difficult reading sometimes, it would be excellent to see the Fall of Gondolin as is written in BOLT II play out on the screen. This was an earlier rendition of it by Tolkien and is much better than the published version in 'The Silmarillion'.
yes, i have read them in synopsis, but that was at least twenty years ago.

Aragon was cool, when Elron tells him in the tent, "let go of the ranger of the north, and become who you were born to be" And then hands him "the sword" of kingship.

hisvessel1 said:
As a Christian i don't watch this sort of movie; as it has to do with magic. Just my opinion.
the guy who wrote it jrr.tolkien is a christian.

but some are offended by that fantasy stuff, that's ok.

i feel the same about hary potter. :yes

I just watched all 3 movies in a row the other day, while i enjoyed it i got some bad cramps in my back and arse after like 9 hours :rolling

anyone who wont watch LOTR's because of "magic" seems to be mixing this with harry potter. THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. harry potter treats magix as "good" which in the real world it is not at all. in fact, magic is looked down upon in LOTR's, only evil powers use any kind of magic. tolkiens views on magic can be looked up, but he considers it evil and thats why the good guys of middleearth, even gandalf, rarely uses anything like that, if at all. i remember gandalf used a light in his staff but thats about it, because he was a servant of the secret fire, which i believe is something from Eru, who is God in tolkiens world. the ring is a kind of magic, or technology, which tolkien was very against, hence why the one ring is evil. you should look this stuff up before deciding not to treat yourself to an amazing film series. much better then star wars or anyting like that.

arwen calls the horses of water but thats i dont think that would qualify as magic. you also have to remember that this is still fantasy.

I don't think I have a favorite character, I think everyone's fun in their own way. Can't wait for the Hobbit movies going into production.

Legolas was my favourite. Althougth Aragorn was good too.

(they were all so well cast)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back