Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Makeup, Fashion, Beauty treatments etc

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've spent the past few years following and being influenced by the media, faithless, a typical youth by today's standards. I had a mental list of procedures I wanted. Botox, nose job, lip filler, eyebrow lift, jawline shaving. All caused by influences from women who pose in the media as models and influencers. I was extremely insecure. Very talented at imitating these things through heavy feature altering makeup. I also wanted to be a very low unhealthy weight for the same reasons.

Since finding faith I have come to discover modesty. Not necessarily being a "plain Jane". I look after my hair, I style it and cut my fringe (bangs) back in, I use skincare products, I wear light makeup now (light enough so I look like myself and not different), I managed to do my first modest fashion haul I got long skirts dresses beautiful blouses. Not expensive. Not degrading or sexual. Not uncomfortable. Instead flowy and comfortable, smart looking but simple, pretty colours lots of pink as it is my favourite.

I am finding that this new way of expressing myself I actually feel HAPPY. I am able to look at the features God gave me with happiness, not disgust or shame. I am not boastful or full of pride. I just appreciate what he has given me. I see there is nothing wrong with the colours (skin, eyes hair etc), shapes or sizes. Natural radiates more beauty than artificial ever could because it is God's creation.

The same people who encouraged me to want to undergo intense surgical procedures, heavy makeup and tight skimpy clothing are also those who claim women who are religious are "held down" by their beliefs and oppressed victims. They think and say we are miserable and denying ourselves

But I only felt miserable when I was trying to be like them. I actually feel happy about my natural features. I feel happy wearing clothing that I find comfortable and pretty without being designed to make people look at me like I am a sexual object and stand out for attention. They lied.

Beauty is not pain. Beauty is not being uncomfortable and just "toughing it out". Beauty is God's design.

I think that's a practical attitude. Cosmetic surgery can be a slippery slope. Just look up Madonna if you're ever in doubt.

That said, there are practical surgeries that make sense. For example, I have a mole on my right cheek that's just high enough that I knick it when shaving if I'm not careful. I'd like to get it surgically removed. But even then, I'm afraid it will alter my appearance. Maybe it will improve it, but what if I don't like it? Can't risk it. My face is my most valuable asset.

Being a guy, I never tried makeup. I imagine I would ended up looking like something out of the rocky horror picture show if I did it myself. But if an experienced woman wanted me to try it once, I'd say sure. Why not? Would have to have a really nice wig to go with it though. Lol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back