Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "many are called, few are chosen"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
personally, I lean towards a more Calvinist view of things. I was just looking for other interpretation, because...well...I'm not super focused on doctrine at this point, but I am curious.

Predestination makes sense to me. Why are some people spared horrible things and end up saved? Why do some seemingly upright people stray away from Christ? If salvation is more about God's work in our lives than our ongoing faith in Christ, then...to me....that explains a whole lot, plus it lines up with Scripture.
it seems to me that some calvinists look at everyone to see if you might be one destined for heaven or for hell - rather than trying with all means at their disposal to lead you to Jesus the Redeemer Savior Master God the Son - if they come to the conclusion that you are destined to hell they treat you as a person with no value - and waste no more time with you

Jesus loved everyone and treated everyone as valuable right to the end - even Judas (the one He knew would betray Him) - John 13:1 - John 6:64

God loves the world - and anyone who does not love does not know God - John 3:16 - 1 John 4:8

all this to say that if you ever run into a theology that seems right to you but later that group turns on you please do not lose hope of your salvation in Christ

remember all faith groups are doing their best to make sense of the world and interpret scripture the best they can as per their specific doctrines/pov

may God lead us all into the unity of the faith in Jesus' wonderful name - Ephesians 4:13-15

to me many called few chosen means God calls us but if we do not answer we don't make the final cut and can't be chosen as per John 3:16

John 3:16 imo fully explains Matthew 22:14

thanks. in terms of actually going into a church, I prefer Pentecostals. I lean towards the whole TULIP thing mostly because I think it explains what I've seen play out around me....some people are raised in Christian homes and turn out worse than your work-a-day sinner, others get saved after a life on sin and misery and go on to glorify Christ....but when it comes down to who I'd rather talk to, spend time with, and--honestly--who has actually been there for -me-, especially when I was a weakling and "society's reject..."

Pentecostals, hands down. I just don't know if I honestly believe that anyone can actually "make a decision for Christ" without God first providing what they need to do so.

thanks. in terms of actually going into a church, I prefer Pentecostals. I lean towards the whole TULIP thing mostly because I think it explains what I've seen play out around me....some people are raised in Christian homes and turn out worse than your work-a-day sinner, others get saved after a life on sin and misery and go on to glorify Christ....but when it comes down to who I'd rather talk to, spend time with, and--honestly--who has actually been there for -me-, especially when I was a weakling and "society's reject..."

Pentecostals, hands down. I just don't know if I honestly believe that anyone can actually "make a decision for Christ" without God first providing what they need to do so.
amen

imo God gives everyone what they need to make a decision for Christ but some choose against Christ because they love sin - Romans 12:3 - John 3:16-18 - John 3:19-21

Back