Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

March Madness is here did your team make the tourament?

Will I not much of a basketball fan, but I do love March Madness. And although two of my teams (Alabama and Minnesota) didn't get invites. Four of my other teams did with two of them having an excellent change of winning it all. Ohio State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Syracuse. Did your team or teams get in?

I'm a huge sports fan, but I can't get into basketball. I wish I could, because this tournament is fantastic! Even as a non-basketball fan, I love to watch it, but I never watch the regular season. For the fun of it I filled out a bracket online. I have Ohio State beating Kansas in the finals, but this is based on a few things I've heard. I really have no idea. :)

Will I not much of a basketball fan, but I do love March Madness. And although two of my teams (Alabama and Minnesota) didn't get invites. Four of my other teams did with two of them having an excellent change of winning it all. Ohio State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Syracuse. Did your team or teams get in?

For the first time ever, that I can remember, I did not get a single team into the men's tournament:
Nevada, Iowa, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, Drake

However, three of those teams (Iowa, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa) made the women's tournament.

Elijah, I forgot if you said so in the past, but were you raised in Iowa? It seems you'd have to have lived there at some point to be a fan of all those Iowa teams.

Here's something cool... my niece plays for Baylor which is one of the top womens teams in the country, by the way! Go Lady Bears!!

Elijah, I forgot if you said so in the past, but were you raised in Iowa? It seems you'd have to have lived there at some point to be a fan of all those Iowa teams.

Here's something cool... my niece plays for Baylor which is one of the top womens teams in the country, by the way! Go Lady Bears!!

Yes, I spent my first twenty-seven years in Iowa. I pull for all the Iowa teams. There are only two teams in Nevada, one here in northern Nevada and one in southern Nevada, and northern Nevada and southern Nevada are like two different states.

That is awesome Mike :thumbsup, I not a Baylor fan, but I guess I will be rooting for the Woman's Baylor Basketball Team.

That is awesome Mike :thumbsup, I not a Baylor fan, but I guess I will be rooting for the Woman's Baylor Basketball Team.

Thanks! She rides the bench most of the time during big games, and they're all big now. They're the #1 seed in their conference. If they make it to the Final Four, we can drive down to Indianapolis for it. That would be sa-weeeet! If anyone cares, her name is Lindsay Palmer.

That ain’t fair. Root for Iowa, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa.

Forgiven can root for the Lady Bears! Leave it alone! :D

A guy with my company that I talk to often lives in Iowa and went to Northern Iowa. He's pretty jazzed.

Will my teams are 7-3, as all but one got by the first round. Kansas and Ohio State are still alive. And whoever plays Notre Dame is a favorite of mine too. So thank you Florida State.

Will my teams are 7-3, as all but one got by the first round. Kansas and Ohio State are still alive. And whoever plays Notre Dame is a favorite of mine too. So thank you Florida State.

My three teams all lost in the first round, I think.

My hubby, being born and raised in Arizona is naturally pumped that they've made it to the Sweet 16, he thinks they have a shot at going all the way after they bested Duke, Duke basketball being formidable to say the least.

I'm not sure if the Wildcats will make it to the top, but after watching the NCAA highlights (don't have regular TV to watch the games), I will say this...

Derrick Williams is someone whom we'll be watching play basketball for a long, long time...this kid has got IT.

Well, UConn knock Arizona out...

...so now I can root for the Tarheels with a clear conscience!

Will Handy don't feel to bad about Arizona, or even North Carolina losing to Kentucky, my Kansas Jayhawks lost to VCU :sad. Still the final four should be interesting.

If anyone on this thread is interested enough, here is the link to my niece's Player Page for Baylor:

Player Bio: Lindsay Palmer - Baylor Bears Official Athletic Site - BaylorBears.com

in case CFnet screws it up:

http://ww :p w.baylorbears. :p com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/palmer_lindsay00.html

I realize no one here is as proud as I am of her, but that won't stop me from bragging on her. Yeah, she's been a bench rider since she joined Mulkey's team. I hold that Mulkey has a bias against her, but I suppose there's more to the story. She aggressively recruited her out of Okahoma.

She's an Academic All-American, having taken enough college credits in high school to skip her first of classes at Baylor. She graduates this spring after only 3 years, but she's using her 4th year of eligibility to (probably) ride the bench and have them pay for her 1st year of her masters program.

She's a solid Christian amidst all this success. Baylor was the #1 seed in their bracket and lost to #2 seed Texas A&M in the Elite Eight. They were 1 win away from the Final Four in Indianapolis, and we had tickets to go. :sad

Back