Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mark of The Beast

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Willie T

A man who isn't as smart as others "know" they are
Kind of long, But, for those who listen, so worthwhile!

No, not my loss. He's just another guy who thinks he knows who the beast is/was. I've heard plenty of those, and I stopped paying attention to them long ago. Everyone who claims that he knows who the beast is, says he is one of 3 things:
  1. Pope (either current, future or the papal office)
  2. Politician (current world leader or future leader of the "Evil Empire", whichever country he deems that to be)
  3. Caesar (Most often Nero, but might be some other Roman emperor)
Just tell me which of those it is, and I'll know the rest of what he says. I've heard it all before.

The TOG​

Like I said, I honestly don't care. It is only a loss to you, not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not make a list of reasons why the video would be beneficial to watch?

Last edited by a moderator:
I jumped to the last few minutes of the video, to see if he summarized it, since Willie isn't willing to. He compares the Christians of the first century, who were being fed to lions and burned alive, among other things he mentioned, to those of today, who live in a free land and are free to exercise their faith. Since there's no tribulation going on today, he seems to be concluding that the great tribulation was in the first century. Apparently, he has never heard of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Nigeria, North Korea or any of the other places where being a Christian is one of the most dangerous things you can do today. Out of 193 nations in the world, Christians are persecuted in 137 of them. But this guy makes the common mistake of thinking the Bible is all about the USA. Since even the money there says "In God We Trust" on it, then these things can't be applied to our times.

Willie T, Correct me if I'm wrong.

The TOG​

while im not a futurist by no means. the bible with the gemeria view of 666 hasn't been fully shown to whom it was. some say this or that amongst the preterist group. I believe it was nero but that is me. others will disagree. I haven't watched the video.it also helps not to go fleshly. not that I haven't with this stuff. the more we learn and share whom gets the glory?

I am sorry but 2 1/2 hours is too long for me.But I sure would like to get a summary of it.The video sounds interesting.How does he identify the beast or the mark of the beast and what he thinks it will be?I might listen to some of it.

I'm about 21 minutes into the video and it is very interesting. This man's story reminds me of my own journey into all things 'end time' several years ago. And it also reminds me of how possible it truly is for the church, generally speaking, to embrace a single predominant doctrine which actually does not stand up well to Biblical scrutiny. Watch the video, folks.

I listened to it while I was sewing. You don't need to watch anything just listen.

I knew who Gentry was but had never heard him or read anything he has written.
Whether one ever agrees with him or not it is still very informative. It gives understanding to what and why some on this forum believe what they believe from the scriptures.
I don't agree with his focus at the very end. I'm with TOG in that he speaks of free nations as if they represent the whole world and how things are better than they were. Well not so for many places in the world, tribulation is very real for them.
Another thing that I think at the very end was maybe a subtle leaning towards a reconstruction or dominion point of view. I do not agree with that at all. But I could be wrong. I don't know what he believes about that.

I listened to it while I was sewing. You don't need to watch anything just listen.

I knew who Gentry was but had never heard him or read anything he has written.
Whether one ever agrees with him or not it is still very informative. It gives understanding to what and why some on this forum believe what they believe from the scriptures.
I don't agree with his focus at the very end. I'm with TOG in that he speaks of free nations as if they represent the whole world and how things are better than they were. Well not so for many places in the world, tribulation is very real for them.
Another thing that I think at the very end was maybe a subtle leaning towards a reconstruction or dominion point of view. I do not agree with that at all. But I could be wrong. I don't know what he believes about that.
ah I thought you knew that gentry is post mil. hitch's favorite source of quotation

I don't really care too much about who or what some people think "The Beast" is, including this man. That particular theme was simply what they named the video.

But what I found so fascinating about the video was the myriad of interesting little facts he zeroed in on when he pointed out various things throughout the scriptures he read. For instance, I never noticed that John identified himself as being in "tribulation" with his fellow Jews at that very time he was writing the book. There were about a dozen more really surprising points that I probably had read, but never really SAW what was right there in plain English.

Last edited:
I don't really care too much about who or what some people think "The Beast" is, including this man. That particular theme was simply what they named the video.

But what I found so fascinating about the video was the myriad of interesting little facts he zeroed in in when he pointed out various things throughout the scriptures he read. For instance, I never noticed that John identified himself as being in the "tribulation" with his fellow Jews at that very time he was writing the book. There were about a dozen more really surprising points that I probably had read, but never really SAW what was right there in plain English.
I john , being in tribulation was praying on the Lord's day . we often overlook things for our pet doctrines/dogma

I jumped to the last few minutes of the video, to see if he summarized it, since Willie isn't willing to. He compares the Christians of the first century, who were being fed to lions and burned alive, among other things he mentioned, to those of today, who live in a free land and are free to exercise their faith. Since there's no tribulation going on today, he seems to be concluding that the great tribulation was in the first century. Apparently, he has never heard of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Nigeria, North Korea or any of the other places where being a Christian is one of the most dangerous things you can do today. Out of 193 nations in the world, Christians are persecuted in 137 of them. But this guy makes the common mistake of thinking the Bible is all about the USA. Since even the money there says "In God We Trust" on it, then these things can't be applied to our times.

Willie T, Correct me if I'm wrong.

The TOG​
Correct you if you are wrong? Why? In attempting to do so, I would probably be just as you when you conclude you know all about the video.

None of us can hit a couple of minutes of a two hour video, here and there, or even watch the whole thing and give a summary that adequately covers what another person might get out of their own viewing of the very same video.

If you believe that can be done, then you, thus, must be letting others give you summaries of many other things, and accepting them as legitimate evaluations. Maybe, even the Bible?

Personally, I don't think this is the way to go.

U no what is a vexation to me? Some of u would sit here and listen to this wise man who does not no anything concerning the the bread of the end. But me many of u give me such a hard time. When the things told to u by me happened and is happening.

Is it because he got a suit on? Or is it because of the saying of the prophet Isaiah? Seriously
I listen to him... and others. I chew the meat and spit out the bones.
I listen to you, and do the same.
At times, you actually have said some things I thought were pretty cool.

I listen to him... and others. I chew the meat and spit out the bones.
I listen to you, and do the same.
At times, you actually have said some things I thought were pretty cool.

Well uno what I'm glad for even if u don't agree with me or believe what is told to u through me. At least u will remember when u see it if u see it happens that's all that matters.

For many are called but few are choosen

It looks like this is turning into an end times debate. Why not just watch the video and give a personal analysis of it. It is a long video and nobody has to watch it, if you decide not to watch then please don't judge it. If you decide to watch it and find there are things that you think need to be challenged then please take it to the one on one debate forum. Above all...remember that we are Brothers and Sisters in Christ, so no need for personal attacks.
1) Give other members the respect you would have them give to yourself. (ToS 2.4)
Address issues/ideas, not persons or personalities. Do not insult, publicly post derogatory opinions of others, post insinuation to belittle or discredit, or otherwise create a hostile environment. Present evidence for support or rebuttal during debate. Bashing the author of another view or opinion is not evidence.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back