Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mark of The Beast

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My understanding is that man is so covetous of things in this time that they will do anything for money, they lie, cheat, steal and destroy all whom get in the way of their prosperity. This is definetly a mark of the beast that is seen in their hands(works of) and forehead(thinking)
I'd agree that is part of viewing the mark of the beast. It is not like it is strictly an external viewable mark, that much is certain. In early Israel the religious folk thought they had to literally 'wear' Gods Word on their forehead and hand so they would attach scrolls to same. They called them phylacteries. A completely fleshly ridiculous false religious understanding? YES. Unfortunate sight by them? Yes.

It's not a viewable mark, this mark of the beast. Just as the Israelites erred in their fleshly thoughts, those who think this end time gig is so easy as to base their faith on an external mark with a nay or yea attached to confirm slaveship or affirmation of faith will be sorely disappointed when it doesn't show up, OR, if some kind of external mark does show up, it will be as the above. Just another fleshly error in judgments on the part of the 'semi-faithful.'

There are more interesting matters to view about the mark of the beast that will involve other avenues of understandings.

In many ways the mark of the beast is active amongst believers right now, and has been for awhile. How you say? We have been falsely led to think that we ourselves barter the souls of men (buying and selling) when proselytizing or ridding them for non-compliance into sectarianism for example.

oops.

I'd agree that is part of viewing the mark of the beast. It is not like it is strictly an external viewable mark, that much is certain. In early Israel the religious folk thought they had to literally 'wear' Gods Word on their forehead and hand so they would attach scrolls to same. They called them phylacteries. A completely fleshly ridiculous false religious understanding? YES. Unfortunate sight by them? Yes.

It's not a viewable mark, this mark of the beast. Just as the Israelites erred in their fleshly thoughts, those who think this end time gig is so easy as to base their faith on an external mark with a nay or yea attached to confirm slaveship or affirmation of faith will be sorely disappointed when it doesn't show up, OR, if some kind of external mark does show up, it will be as the above. Just another fleshly error in judgments on the part of the 'semi-faithful.'

There are more interesting matters to view about the mark of the beast that will involve other avenues of understandings.

In many ways the mark of the beast is active amongst believers right now, and has been for awhile. How you say? We have been falsely led to think that we ourselves barter the souls of men (buying and selling) when proselytizing or ridding them for non-compliance into sectarianism for example.

oops.
Yes, I agree. I think it is coming to depend upon the worldly way of providing for yourself... self-dependency. Not needing God.

All glory to God for His revelation of His Son/The Word to us!
Men are called trees, in fact you will find this interesting and should be able to understand of whom this tree is, and notice that he exalted his height as in a giant:
Ezek 31:8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
10 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
KJV
Jesus is the tree of life for he is the Word of life that when implanted in the midst of our hearts rebirth us into the image(attributes ) of our Father so that we can have ever lasing life. The Spirit teaches us the wisdom of the Word as a mother teaches a child of a father's ways. God while we understand Him to be "He" is all attributes of male and female, for Adam was created in the image of God, but when Adam could not find a suitable helpmeet among the beasts(as we are seeing in this day as human love is so cold, that our pets are becoming desired helpmeets over family), God divided Adam to make Eve. God is family, Father, Son and Holy Spirit which I believe to guide us as a mother.

I agree that trees in the text, for the most part, are entirely allegorical. And there are many allegories that are revolved around tress, bushes, shrubs, thorns, thistles, etc etc.

Jesus provided us with a basic decipher to understand these matters. It is found in Mark 4, the measures to understand all parables (in which I also include allegories, similitudes or any mysterious conveyance that is not readily deciphered.)

The basic components for every understanding must have the following components. God/Gods Word, mankind and Satan and his messengers. If any of these basic components are missing, then the understanding is lopsided or void.

Where Jesus for example tells us this:

Luke 13:
18 Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Using the basic components, we can see that it is the Word, sown in the garden, in the earth of our carnal body. The Tree that grows is a likeness of Jesus, or at least, that is the intention. The fowls of the air represent the wicked thoughts of the tempter and his messengers nesting therein in the shadows of the mind. The tree itself remains rooted in the earth where DUNG is, dung also being a representative of the wicked messengers in our own mind and body.

Use those measures from Jesus in Mark 4 to obtain all the spiritual insight that can be gleaned. Things will clear up considerably for all who employ His Measures.

Yes, I agree. I think it is coming to depend upon the worldly way of providing for yourself... self-dependency. Not needing God.
As it refers to the end time question in general most believers are sent astray, thinking that the end time revolves only around people. That is NOT the case.

The end time question is settled when we really see who's end time it really is.

The end time is for the devil and his messengers. And in that there is great and victorious joy to be anticipated.

But there is fear involved also, because the source of our own imperfections revolve around those parties as well. So in essence, it is about US being finally DIVIDED from our own internal enemies. The other parties in us will fear like none have ever seen. It is in fact THEIR GREAT TRIBULATION that is coming.

It's only uncomfortable when we see where the division is going to hit. That is, within us all.

That is why we are to STAND FAST and to WATCH. The Flaming Sword is going to divide the child of God IN HALF.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back