Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Marrying a fellow Christian is only a step

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't think being equally yoked is a step. I think it is foundational. The foundation is on Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 6

<sup class="versenum">14 </sup>Do not be yoked together<sup class="crossreference" value='(X)'></sup> with unbelievers.<sup class="crossreference" value='(Y)'></sup> For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?<sup class="crossreference" value='(Z)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">15 </sup>What harmony is there between Christ and Belial<sup class="footnote" value='[b]'></sup>?<sup class="crossreference" value='(AA)'></sup> Or what does a believer<sup class="crossreference" value='(AB)'></sup> have in common with an unbeliever?<sup class="crossreference" value='(AC)'></sup> <sup class="versenum">16 </sup>What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols?<sup class="crossreference" value='(AD)'></sup> For we are the temple<sup class="crossreference" value='(AE)'></sup> of the living God.<sup class="crossreference" value='(AF)'></sup> As God has said:

“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.â€<sup class="footnote" value='[c]'></sup><sup class="crossreference" value='(AG)'></sup>

<sup class="versenum">17 </sup>Therefore,
“Come out from them<sup class="crossreference" value='(AH)'></sup>
and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you.â€<sup class="footnote" value='[d]'></sup><sup class="crossreference" value='(AI)'></sup>

<sup class="versenum">18 </sup>And,
“I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,<sup class="crossreference" value='(AJ)'></sup>
says the Lord Almighty.â€<sup class="footnote" value='[e]'></sup><sup class="crossreference" value='(AK)'></sup>

There is no specific mention of marriage here but I agree it applies,why do we not apply this in other areas of life,friends and those we allow into our lives in the hope that we will influence them rather than them influencing us...does the Bible say that bad company creates good morals or was it the other way around ? how and why do you think that the idea of befriending the world has entered into and dominates the church today? The passage ask the question"what "fellowship" or friendship as we would say does light have with darkness ?

Back