Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Massage Therapy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
massage therapy is a licensed medical practice all 50 states if that what ur referring to u then yes, i have been helped by that form of medicine with my back pains

jason

I've read some of your other questions. Honestly, so much of life gets down to... how do you really feel about it. If it's a sin for you...maybe you feel guilty. Then you shouldn't do it. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin. I don't think we have to tie ourselves up in legalistic boxes. Just make sure you have a clean conscience about it.

Do you feel like there's something sexual and/or wrong with being massaged by a [professional] stranger? If so I think that's a personal issue.. Not a Christian one. But I guess I can't really talk. The only woman to give me a professional massage was an old chinese lady.

I seek to please God as a Christian and if I could afford massage therapy I would jump at it. I have a medical condition which would improve if I could get that kind of therapy. For me it is not about titillation or sensation it is about medical treatment so I can live and move around. As it is my condition keeps me from attending church services. I cannot even go grocery shopping without having problems after 5 minutes. I rarely get out at all. If you have a problem with it ask yourself what you are getting it for. Be honest with yourself. If massage therapy would improve your quality of life and is not about some kind of physical gratification then I see nothing wrong with it at all. It is an actual form of medical therapy.

Ed the Ned said:
If the massage therapy is linked to a spiritual element then I believe we should be careful.
shiatsu and reflexology are leglate medical fields but have origens in mysticsm, but its up to the lmt no to to use the mystiscm with it, most dont, the ones that do are usually licensed but also do reiki and other things.
'
jason

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back