Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Matthew 25:40....What does it really mean?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Somewhere,somehow, the following comment of yours disappeared for me. I don't know why. :confused

The Father does not Judge and Jesus does not change and salvation is not based on good works."
Right: Jesus will judge.

Right again: salvation is not based on good works.

BUT: how you spend eternity IS based on your works.

Jesus said:
John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life;
he who does not obey the Son shall not see life,
but the wrath of God rests upon him.

and

John 5:28-29 (NKJV) … the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth
—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life,
and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

And Paul said:

Ro 6:2-10 (NKJV) (God) will render to each one according to his deeds;
eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

What was the point in Jesus?, and if now Jesus is going to Judge the world on there good works is exactly the same thing over and over, no one can hold Jesus commandments just like no one can hold the Law of Moses
We are to strive for the perfection which is in Christ.

Mat 5:48 You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
1Pe 1:15-16 but as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy."

Of course we will all fail to be perfect and will "fail short of the glory of God" which is to sin, to miss the mark of God's perfection. But that doesn't mean that we don't even try. God has made provision for our failure to be perfect:
1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

But we are commanded by Jesus to do good works.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

and all it ends up doing is people thinking there righteous and accusing everyone else for there sin through the law, they think obeying Jesus commandments and doing good works like feeding the poor and giving nand doing good works will save them.
People judging others is a violation of Jesus' command.
Mat 7:1-2 Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Jesus gave commands to us. (Love one another) He didn't give them without expecting that we at least try to obey them.
John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life;
he who does not obey the Son shall not see life,
but the wrath of God rests upon him.

Because they look at Jesus commandments they try to do good and hold it that will only make them fail because where there's commandment there is a trap . Its the same thing over and over. Its not the truth.
Our inability to be 100% obedient does not mean we can ignore Jesus' commands.
Jesus knows exactly how fallible we are.
He also is perfectly merciful and forgives anyone who will repent of his sins.
Jesus expects believers to demonstrate their faith by doing what He commands.
Luk 6:46 Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
Jhn 14:15 If you love me, keep my commands.

We are saved because God is gracious and forgives our sins, not because we can ever become sinless this side of glory.

Famous last words:
Mat 28:18-20 “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age
.”

That's as best as I see it.

iakov the fool
(beaucoup dien cai dau)

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that, in any manner, may allegedly be related to the reader’s deliberate act by which he/she has knowingly allowed the above rantings to enter into his/her consciousness. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear about it. No sniveling! Enjoy the rest of your life here and the eternal one to come.

Back