Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Melchizedek = Christ (Bible scholar debate on merits of)

S

Soma-Sight

Hebrews 7

Melchizedek the Priest
1This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High.

Interesting to note that he was a PAGAN king as he was OUTSIDE the levitical priesthood.

He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him, 2and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything.

Don't we give GOD alone ten percent of our earnings?

First, his name means "king of righteousness"; then also, "king of Salem" means king of peace."

King of Righteousness!

King of Peace!

Both names used for Jesus Christ!

3Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever.

You will be hard pressed to "twist" this verse away from the TRUE meaning!

Melchizedek was an IMMORTAL, like Christ! He was a Son of God

4Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder! 5Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the peopleâ€â€that is, their brothersâ€â€even though their brothers are descended from Abraham. 6This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

WOW! Once again we see a HIGH PRIEST OF GOD OUTSIDE THE JEWISH SYSTEM IN PAGAN COUNTRY! He was NOT from the tribe of Levi and therefore COULD NOT be a priest of the Jewish system!

Once again we have the "ten percent" issue that is reserved for GOD alone.

Jesus Like Melchizedek

11If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to comeâ€â€one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

Jesus was of the order of Melchizedek! Who is Melchizedek for Jesus to be in the order of?

12For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. 13He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar. 14For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. 15And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears,

Christ is set on equal terms in light of "priestly power".

16one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life.

Melchizedek once again named immortal

7For it is declared:
"You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek."

WOW! Once again Christ is IN the order of Melchizedek!

He is ETERNALLY in this order that denotes other incarnations at the very least!

18The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19(for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

20And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:
"The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
'You are a priest forever.' " 22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Due to Jesus' priestly power we are guaranteed a better covenant!

23Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely[c] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Once again those in the order of Melchizedek are immoratal

Who was Melchizedek? I think it is obvious that he was a previous incarnation of the Christ! What do YOU think Bible scholars?

Soma-Sight said:
Hebrews 7

Melchizedek the Priest
1This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High.

Interesting to note that he was a PAGAN king as he was OUTSIDE the levitical priesthood.

He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him, 2and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything.

Don't we give GOD alone ten percent of our earnings?

First, his name means "king of righteousness"; then also, "king of Salem" means king of peace."

King of Righteousness!

King of Peace!

Both names used for Jesus Christ!

3Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever.

You will be hard pressed to "twist" this verse away from the TRUE meaning!

Melchizedek was an IMMORTAL, like Christ! He was a Son of God

4Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder! 5Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the peopleâ€â€that is, their brothersâ€â€even though their brothers are descended from Abraham. 6This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

WOW! Once again we see a HIGH PRIEST OF GOD OUTSIDE THE JEWISH SYSTEM IN PAGAN COUNTRY! He was NOT from the tribe of Levi and therefore COULD NOT be a priest of the Jewish system!

Once again we have the "ten percent" issue that is reserved for GOD alone.

Jesus Like Melchizedek

11If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to comeâ€â€one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

Jesus was of the order of Melchizedek! Who is Melchizedek for Jesus to be in the order of?

12For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. 13He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar. 14For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. 15And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears,

Christ is set on equal terms in light of "priestly power".

16one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life.

Melchizedek once again named immortal

7For it is declared:
"You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek."

WOW! Once again Christ is IN the order of Melchizedek!

He is ETERNALLY in this order that denotes other incarnations at the very least!

18The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19(for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

20And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:
"The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
'You are a priest forever.' " 22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Due to Jesus' priestly power we are guaranteed a better covenant!

23Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely[c] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Once again those in the order of Melchizedek are immoratal

Who was Melchizedek? I think it is obvious that he was a previous incarnation of the Christ! What do YOU think Bible scholars?

Melchizedek "King of Salem" as stated "king of Salem" means king of peace."

Jesus Christ "Prince of Peace".

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

A King has a prince for His Son. This is another example of confusion which would make Jesus Christ the Father and not the Son. Sabellianism which is a heresy. It is now found in the pentacostal faith.

Orthodoxy

oopsie

other incarnations? Mormonism teaches this also. Other incarnations? Born of a virgin to whom other than Mary the Mother of the Christian Jesus Christ?

other incarnations? Mormonism teaches this also. Other incarnations? Born of a virgin to whom other than Mary the Mother of the Christian Jesus Christ?

Did you read my post?

In Hebrews Melchizedek is said to have NEVER BEEN BORN AND NEVER TO DIE!

Melchizedek is able to MATERIALIZE out of thin air! Just like Christ does when He visits His disciples after the reserrection!

If that is not God status than I do not know what is!

I am waiting with succulent breath for the fundies to come out of the cracks on this one!

Please refute my original premise!

That Jesus and Melchizedek are one and the same!

Still no replies?

Come on guys! This is FASCINATING chapter in scripture! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Well, yeah, it is.. :D

But since you've covered pretty much all the scripture about it, what more is there to say?

Just don'tget sucked in by those New Agers that think Jesus is the reincarnation of Melchidezek :wink:

PHIL121,

So who IS Melchizedek than if not Jesus or the Heavenly form of Jesus?

If I covered it well as you say where is my reasoning off?

How could Melchizedek NOT be on equal terms with Christ?

Soma-Sight said:
Still no replies?

Come on guys! This is FASCINATING chapter in scripture! :crying: :crying: :crying:

John here: I suggest that it is to deep a subject for most here? (you too! :fadein:) This 'thread' was moved right??? Perhaps the keepers of the 'fold' do not know where it belongs either ??? :fadein:

First off: I have a seemingly problem with posts like this. The subject is as you say.. FASCINATING. But my problem is not the post at all, and the problem is not my problem at all! It is the way one reads my answers to the post question. Do all know what I am saying??? :sad

OK: I will take a stab at answering your post question as I see it. It will take some time, & using Matthew 4:4's Everlasting Gospel. Most will get bored, lost, & you know what follows that, huh? Cute remarks, like did you forget to take your medicine today & the like??

Everlasting Gospel means what? NO BEGINNING. Well, what does one get from Genesis 3:15? Then Genesis 4:7? A God Loving 'kid' could see that God REQUIRED a Lamb sacrifice to be offered in the first EVERLASTING GOSPEL setting! (how many have quite reading already??? most do not even know what the acceptance of the Lamb by faith means)

Well, perhaps most do know that God destroyed the earth by a flood?? Some even know that before the flood these 'obedient' ones were not flesh food eaters! :wink: Even when these creatures entered the Ark, there was a distinction between clean & unclean, huh?? (try Genesis 7:1-3) What does that have to do with the King of Salem?? God REQUIRES Everlasting Gospel [ORDER]. Read Genesis 7:1-3 again! Notice Genesis 7:15-16! Take note here Soma: And GOD SHUT THEM IN! Compare Matthew 25:10-12. And we are wondering about who was the priest-king of Salem?? :o

OK: After ALL others died, what did Noah do in Genesis 8:20?? HE BUILT AN ALTAR AND OFFERED SACRIFICES ON IT!! How come he did that??? And offered 'clean beasts' and offered burnt offerings on the altar'. And what was his past working faith, BELIEF, how long did he preach & work? Seems that Noah was to act as priest for now at least, huh? Was he Christ?? Was he a Jew? Was he of the later on to be, called.. levitical priesthood?

Next: Genesis 12:1-2 Abram. Not even Abraham yet. Ever wonder how God spoke to him?? And even Cain before the flood in Genesis 4:7?
But the thing of importance here is perhaps, Genesis 12:5. It all is important, but take note of ".. and the SOULS that he had gotten in Haran." (how many???)

One wonders who the preacher to these ones was? No Jews yet! And who were these 'souls'? as most today only think of O.T. Jews & N.T. Born Again Gentils? And who was in charge of the Altar Sacrifices?? Do you suppose that this Monarch Abraham whom God had richly blessed, even had to attend to this service as well? (not me!)

Seem's to me that I read somewhere, that God does not change, that He is the same yesterday, today and forever? Kind of goes along with the Eccl. verses.

SOULS! Abraham loved God & His creation!! Notice Genesis 18:19!!
God said: "For I know him, that he will command [his children] and his [household after him], and they shall [keep the way of the Lord,] to do [JUSTICE and JUDGEMENT]..."

But that was not all!! Notice GENESIS 26:5
"because THAT obeyed my Voice, and kept My charge, *my commandments, my statues, and my laws."

This was all before the King of Salem came into the picture! Notice my emphasis! Genesis 14:18-20's previous post discussions. Also take note of a earlier verses in Genesis 14:10-13 for the reason for the battle that was to take place? See verse 14 (Genesis 14:14) for the number 'born in his own house'! 'three hundred and eighteen'. Quite a large 'church' gathering there to minister too, if there was no more even, huh? :wink:

Soma: Just a little detail for a start, ok? Now just a question for you. The
many Ph.D's and the such, commentaries and the like ones read, with their reams & reams of written JUNK, (even with most included in the Revelation 17:1-5 Abomination Of The Earth) which need to answer the question of what they think God would have had Abraham do for [His] SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP, as well as you??

All one needs to do, if they truly BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD, is Read Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 & Ecclesiastes 3:15! Start with the Great Original of Hebrews High Priest, then Psalms 77:13's verse and then Exodus 25 Eternal discriptive Truth, and finally Genesis 14:18.. for starters!

And Hebrews 7:3? Who was Abraham as Abram? Who were these 'souls' in mans sight of today? These ones were Christians and were 'jewels' only in God's sight (and Abramham) & by His appointment, not by gender, birth, or any other means! (did you get that? not by any other means!!)
This is what was meant by the lineage of the 'Christian' King of Salem.

John the Baptist,

First of all thank you for the reply....

The main focus of this post is the supercedance of Christ over the body of Jesus

OK: I will take a stab at answering your post question as I see it. It will take some time, & using Matthew 4:4's Everlasting Gospel. Most will get bored, lost, & you know what follows that, huh? Cute remarks, like did you forget to take your medicine today & the like??

You mention the "everlasting Gospel" or "Word/logos" as is evident in scripture. So what exactly is/was Jesus the Christ truly? He was/is a Spirit!

John 4:24 (New International Version)

24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

The true form of Christ is a Spirit and NOT the fleshy body of the historical Jesus!

Everlasting Gospel means what? NO BEGINNING. Well, what does one get from Genesis 3:15? Then Genesis 4:7? A God Loving 'kid' could see that God REQUIRED a Lamb sacrifice to be offered in the first EVERLASTING GOSPEL setting! (how many have quite reading already??? most do not even know what the acceptance of the Lamb by faith means)

The emphasis of this post is not dealing with the blood sacrifice of God's own but the SUPERCEDANCE OF THE CHRIST PRESENCE OVER BEFORE THE BIRTH OF THE HISTORICAL JESUS!

A question for you John:

Do you limit the potential and presence of Christ to the body of the historical Jesus or do you allow for the fact that Christ has been incarnated in OTHER TIME PERIODS?

The proof for this is in the immoratal presence of Melchizedek whom Abraham gave TITHE too..... which is a service that is for GOD ONLY.

The fact remains that Christ has existed and does exist in OTHER cultural settings besides the Jewish - Christian paradigms. The logos is not limited by racial and ethnic background.

You seem to side step the point of this post.....

Was Melchizedek Christ or not?

Soma-Sight said:
The true form of Christ is a Spirit and NOT the fleshy body of the historical Jesus!

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:1-3

Now concerning Melchizedek. The Bible is not that clear on who Melchizedek is and what role he played during his time on earth, but as was the fourth man in the fire with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego the Word prior to the incarnate Son of God, so to I believe was Melchizedek.

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. Daniel 3:25

Melchizedek was not a previous incarnation of the Christ. Jesus Christ is the Annointed, Messiah, Christ as defined by the Greek word transliterated Christos (which is translated Christ referring to Jesus in all 569 cases in the New Testament). Jesus is the one and only Christ, and he is the only begotten Son of God.

Now who was Melchizedek? I believe that Melchizedek was the Word prior to the incarnation of God, Jesus. I do not believe that Melchizedek was a man, nor do I believe that Melchizedek was an angel. I believe that Melchizedek was the Word God. As angels appeared to various individuals through history as men, so to the Word has appeared to various individuals as a man.

Solo,

Does Paul not also say that flesh shall not inherit that Kngdom of God?

Do you truly believe that Christ's body in Second Coming will be the humble servant of flesh or pronounced by the Spiritual body and power of the Archangels trumpet in Glory?

Now who was Melchizedek? I believe that Melchizedek was the Word prior to the incarnation of God, Jesus. I do not believe that Melchizedek was a man, nor do I believe that Melchizedek was an angel. I believe that Melchizedek was the Word God. As angels appeared to various individuals through history as men, so to the Word has appeared to various individuals as a man.

I fail to see the distinction between this statement and Melchizedek NOT being the Christ.....

You say....

Melchizedek was the Word!

Christ is also the Word!

If Christ was incaranted TWICE than why not more than that!

Here it is one more time.....

I believe that Melchizedek was the Word God.

To me this qoute of yours validates my argument that

Christ = Melchizedek!

Soma-Sight said:
John the Baptist,

First of all thank you for the reply....

The main focus of this post is the supercedance of Christ over the body of Jesus

---
John here: I do not see it that way. What is new, huh? I see Godhead as three equal individuals & personages. They are called today Father & Son. The Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is a Holy Spirit that you speak of. Christ God & Father God both have 'images'. (Genesis images documented & Spirit Genesis documented) All three are 'real' immortality, meaning no starting point or ending as conditional 'tree of life' requirement.
---

You mention the "everlasting Gospel" or "Word/logos" as is evident in scripture. So what exactly is/was Jesus the Christ truly? He was/is a Spirit!

---
Me again: I answered that above, I think? But Christ the Son was the foreknowledge of the Godhead. (see Romans 4:17's last part of the verse)
Proverbs 8:22 speaks of the Everlasting Gospel plan before it was! Even prophesied where Christ would grow as a child.29-31 +. The pluss is so you will not think that I am picking & choosing! Proverbs 8:24's 'WHEN I WAS BROUGHT FORTH', was speaking of the Eternal Gospel & eternal Covenant [PLAN] being brought forth at the Birth as the 'SON OF GOD'.

They declared:
"I will (future prophecy) declare the DECREE: Thou art My Son; [THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE]." Psalms 2:7.

When was that that the decree was declared? Hebrews 1:5 states when compared to the created angels?? "... Thou art my Son, this day have I BEGOTTEN Thee." (past prophecy)
---

John 4:24 (New International Version)

24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

---
You can see that I don't hold to this, as stated above. But there is no doubt from reading the Gospel that 2/3rds of the Godhead are not limited to body images.
---

[quote:cf5d9]Everlasting Gospel means what? NO BEGINNING. Well, what does one get from Genesis 3:15? Then Genesis 4:7? A God Loving 'kid' could see that God REQUIRED a Lamb sacrifice to be offered in the first EVERLASTING GOSPEL setting! (how many have quite reading already??? most do not even know what the acceptance of the Lamb by faith means)

The emphasis of this post is not dealing with the blood sacrifice of God's own but the SUPERCEDANCE OF THE CHRIST PRESENCE OVER BEFORE THE BIRTH OF THE HISTORICAL JESUS!

---
That is the trouble with your (and you know that I do not believe that you are the author either, huh?) study! It is like divorcing the Christ in form from Christ in depth. Character EPISTLE! 2 Corinthians 3:3. One cannot understand Truth with 1/2 of the Everlasting Gospel. Matthew 4:4

Salvational Promises for one, there is no such one without the 'Eternal' Conditional Covenant.
___

A question for you John:

Do you limit the potential and presence of Christ to the body of the historical Jesus or do you allow for the fact that Christ has been incarnated in OTHER TIME PERIODS?

The proof for this is in the immortal presence of Melchizedek whom Abraham gave TITHE too..... which is a service that is for GOD ONLY.

The fact remains that Christ has existed and does exist in OTHER cultural settings besides the Jewish - Christian paradigms. The logos is not limited by racial and ethnic background.

You seem to side step the point of this post.....

Was Melchizedek Christ or not?[/quote:cf5d9]

---
I suspect that I have answered that so many times that no one realizes what has been said? Of course Christ was not the King of Salem. And father, mother, decent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; [but made like unto the Son of God].." Hebrews 7:3. Made like, means resembling Christ. A type of Christ because nothing was known of his birth, or his death because of the record. We know that the priest after Aaron were of the tribe of Levi.

And so there were no records kept of his birth nor death, so what does that prove?? The way some seem to twist things, I would wonder why he ever vacated the office?? No death!!

Solo,

I think you misunderstood my qute on Christ being a Spirit....

I DO believe that he was in the fleshy body of Jesus!

But read this verse to see my intent on the TRUE nature of Christ!

1 Corinthians 15:50 (New International Version)

50I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

I am not saying that the historical Jesus in his humble form was not flesh....

I am saying that the TRUE form of Christ is beyond mortal compreshension and the ultimate in power and Glory......

The Heavenly versus the fleshy......

And so there were no records kept of his birth nor death, so what does that prove?? The way some seem to twist things, I would wonder why he ever vacated the office?? No death!!

John,

melchizedek was an IMMORTAL!

Read the Word here....

He has not been born and does not die!

He is an immortal!

ONLY God is immortal and wthout birth and death.

Melchizedek was a Christ.

Whether a false one or not is for the scholar to determine.

I think it is crystal clear in Hebrews that Melchizedek and His priestly order is a heavenly order and has the authority of the Holy Spirit.

It could not be any other way.......

There is too much evidence that Christ has been incarnated in other forms....

Take Solo's Hadrach situation too.....

And Abraham meeting the three "Angels"?

Soma-Sight said:
Solo,

Do you truly believe that Christ's body in Second Coming will be the humble servant of flesh or pronounced by the Spiritual body and power of the Archangels trumpet in Glory?

I fail to see the distinction between this statement and Melchizedek NOT being the Christ.....

You say....

Christ is also the Word!

[quote:f4c7e]I believe that Melchizedek was the Word God.

Christ = Melchizedek![/quote:f4c7e]

There will be no sinful flesh in the kingdom of God. But are you suggesting that when Christ arose, and the ones with Him, from the grave, (that were seen for 40 days in the city Acts 1:3 & Compare Matthew 27:52-53) that they had neither flesh or bones?? You seem to believe that the tree of life is to keep the 'spirit' alive??? (that is a question!) :wink:

---John

Soma-Sight said:
Solo,

The flesh and blood that Paul is talking about is the corruptable flesh and blood that is mortal. Read Pauls writings to the Corinthians and the Thessalonians where he describes that believers are resurrected and changed in a twinkling of an eye, where the mortal puts on immortality, and the corruptible puts on incorruption. Remember the new creature that Paul speaks of? Those that are born again are new creatures in Christ Jesus.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Romans 8:11

Is Jesus flesh and blood today? Jesus ascended into heaven just as he appeared to his disciples after his resurrection. Jesus is not Spirit. Gnostics believe that Jesus is spirit only, and that is the spirit of antiChrist.

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? 42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and did eat before them. 44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. 45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Luke 24:36-47

If Jesus is now Spirit what happened to his body of flesh and bones which is not spirit at his ascension?

Soma-Sight said:
Jesus' body is that of the resurrected Jesus. A physical body just as we will have as we are seated upon thrones judging even the angels. This physical resurrected body of Jesus is complete as was to be the first Adam before the fall.

Remember the verse below that says that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God. Why would this sentence contains the word is instead of has? Jesus is come in the flesh, and which coming are we talking about? The first coming, the second coming, both comings?

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:1-3

Soma-Sight said:
Solo said:

You say....

Christ is also the Word!

Solo said:
I believe that Melchizedek was the Word God.

Christ = Melchizedek!

You are misunderstanding what I have said. Jesus is the Christ. Jesus is the Annointed One. Jesus was Incarnated one time, and the only begotten of the Father one time. Melchizedek was not the Word incarnate. If Melchisedek was flesh and blood, then he was not the Word of God. I believe that Melchizedek was the Word of God and appeared to Abraham as a man, just as angels appeared to men as men but were not.

The Word became flesh and is Jesus. Jesus is the Christ. The Word did not become flesh twice. The Word appeared to Abraham as Melchizedek prior to becoming the Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

Thanks for inviting me to this thread. It is an interesting study.

andy153 said:
Melchizedek was Noah

Andy153

:roll: - :roll: - :roll: (:fadein:)
Whatever: I have stated my say!---John

Thanks for inviting me to this thread. It is an interesting study.

Good post.....

I can see your point of view on this......

I will write more later.....

The fact that Jesus was able to materialize and disapear at will makes me wonder what kind of "flesh" the resurrection body is composed of? It surely is not the "same" as our "curruptable" flesh.

A Spiritual flesh perhaps! :P lol

If you remember Jesus did materialize and disapear when He appeared to Mary and the Disciples....

In fact they did not even recognize Him until He SPOKE....

He seemd to be composed of something Heavenly.....

Anyways take care....

Solo,

The Word appeared to Abraham as Melchizedek prior to becoming the Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

I am sure you have a concordance....

Go look up "Only Begotten Son of God".....

You will find it is only mentioned in John.....

No other Gospel mentions the "only begotten son"......

The Gospel of John was written approx AD 80 - 90....

Just food for thought.

Back