Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Members That Go to Church... Do You...?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So Moses spoke modern English .
Let's try this without the anti-KJV rhetoric that is widely used and yet the same blatant false charge can be applied to any modern bible in English or translated in another foreign language for that matter.

If you do not want to use the KJV, that is your choice. If you want to read from the Greek & Hebrew, fine.

BUT if you have a hard time correcting someone by whatever modern Bible or Greek or Hebrew manuscript you are using, my "suggestion" is to check with the KJV. You may find Him sowing the truth in His words as kept in the KJV for you to reprove that false teaching.

But since you do not care to argue with other believers, then I doubt you will care enough to correct any one regardless.

Funny how you seem to find the willingness to argue with me and with false outrageous claims known to be found in anti-KJV rhetoric as if we can say that about all other bibles in English or another foreign language other than Greek & Hebrew.

Why not go one more further and say because Moes did not speak in the Greek, I will only read the Bible from Hebrew?

See how silly that charge is? If not, I am not sure why you are contending with me anyway, other than enjoying how believers get away with being mocking bullies to those who rely only on the KJV. I can only hope you are not that but just never bothered to discern those allegations as just a form of unreasonable mocking.

They even try to accuse King James of being gay and changing the Bible but those who are against the KJV never bothered to point out that the scriptures against homosexuality are still in the KJV as they are in modern bibles for why they should not take every charge against the KJV as if it is true or reasonable.

You should wonder why you got caught up with that nonsense when you do not care to argue with anyone.

And since I cannot make you use only the KJV, I am not sure why you are motivated to insult me of my intelligence as if I believe Moses spoke in English to stop me from using the KJV.

Galatians 5: 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

So use whatever Bible you want or go to the Greek & the Hebrew. Obviously you are not going to consider my "suggestion" when you get stuck.

Thanks for replying to this thread, but we have gone off topic. This part of the discussion is over. Have a nice day anyway.

My former Presbyterian church used to begin communion with "We come into His Presence today" and that bothered me.
Did you ever think that there are unsaved people in the building when this is said ?
The unsaved have no idea what the Presence of God is . They don't have a savior like we do as Christians . Not all things said in church are for the benefit of saved only .

I will gladly take all the presence of God I can stand ! !
So I do not believe the term "holy" should be added to communion and I believe sacraments should be a term dropped from references to the bread & the wine only because it makes communion more than what it is for doing it in remembrance of Him.
I can not believe you said that !

The mystery of what you are thinking baffles me .

Watch this video and think about what you are sayin !

At a church one teacher speaks and everyone else listens and you don't really get to question or correct , where like a forum everyone speaks and it's open honest discussion. I actually think it's better believers have open honest discussion about scripture.

Last edited:
Did you ever think that there are unsaved people in the building when this is said ?
The unsaved have no idea what the Presence of God is . They don't have a savior like we do as Christians . Not all things said in church are for the benefit of saved only .

I will gladly take all the presence of God I can stand ! !
Jesus said the Father will send the promise of the Holy Spirit who believe in Him to be saved. What would be the point of sending the Holy Spirit at their salvation if sinners had Him before they came to and believed in Jesus Christ?

And when you consider about having the Holy Spirit's Presence in the worship place, are you denying Him as dwelling in you and other believers in that assembly?

So what would be the point of Him dwelling outside of you when you and other believers are there with Him in you while you are in that worship place?
I can not believe you said that !

The mystery of what you are thinking baffles me .
I did point out why we are to do communion as stated plainly by Jesus and that was in remembrance of Him. That is it. To make it more than what it is, is to make the remembrance of Him rather moot because Jesus would have led with something else if something more was important than just doing it in remembrance of Him.
Watch this video and think about what you are sayin !

Watched it and saw no point you were trying to make from it about what I had said. I just saw the crucifixion of Jesus and no reference made to communion at all in it

If it was a video of "holy" communion, that would be more relevant to whatever reproof to what I had said. As it is, taking communion in remembrance of Him is proclaiming the Lord's death until He comes, not proclaiming Him dying still as if still providing atonement for recent sins for saved believers.

As it is, whatever point you were trying to make from the video to what I had said is lost on me. Maybe you should clarify it.

So what would be the point of Him dwelling outside of you when you and other believers are there with Him in you while you are in that worship place?
How did the Holy Spirit come to be inside you ? Where was He before that ? Was He dwelling outside of you ?
Watched it and saw no point you were trying to make from it about what I had said. I just saw the crucifixion of Jesus and no reference made to communion at all in it

If it was a video of "holy" communion, that would be more relevant to whatever reproof to what I had said. As it is, taking communion in remembrance of Him is proclaiming the Lord's death until He comes, not proclaiming Him dying still as if still providing atonement for recent sins for saved believers.

As it is, whatever point you were trying to make from the video to what I had said is lost on me. Maybe you should clarify it.
Luke 22
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

How did the Holy Spirit come to be inside you ? Where was He before that ? Was He dwelling outside of you ?
Jesus said by believing in Him is how we receive the Spirit by faith; not by how the world receives spirits by seeing it. You will know Him by Him dwelling in you.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Luke 22
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
Symbolic since it is to be done in remembrance of Him. That moment Jesus performed that at the Last Supper was before His crucifixion, so it is symbolic.

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

That is why it is to be done in remembrance of Him for what He has done for us.

At a church one teacher speaks and everyone else listens and you don't really get to question or correct , where like a forum everyone speaks and it's open honest discussion. I actually think it's better believers have open honest discussion about scripture.
I know there have been times when members of our congregation have questioned things the pastor spoke in his message. Even pastors are fallible.

Last edited:
Continuing...

John instructs us to test what we're taught.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1 NKJV

When Paul taught in Berea, the Jews there examined the Scriptures to validate his teaching.

Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
Acts 17:10-11 NKJV

I know there have been times when members of our congregation have questioned things the pastor spoke in his message. Even pastors are fallible.

And that's good as long as they do so respectfully. I was more like during a service you can't really just put your hand up and start having a debate about something . So if there was a honest mistake everyone goes away believing it. Unless after someone has a chat with the teacher and if they are proven corrected the next service the teacher speaks and corrects the error.

Last edited:
That is what elders are for; to stand up to ask the pastor for clarification that could be taken the wrong way or to correct the pastor right then and there Biblically so members are not carrying a falsehood with them home from the pulpit.

I see these scripture below as applying to the elders for correcting pastors too.

1 Corinthians 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

1 Timothy 3:1This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

But I hardly ever hear of that happening let alone seen it happen.

I have been since 2009.

While some have helped me and I others .this isn't a church .

My dad being dead for a month lies waiting .until now will be buried .money was the problem .my pastor didn't have to but he did .he will officiate at no cost ,members gave .plus a family friend .

Amy off the wall doctrine can and has entered your church doors .just simply become part of the worship,elder team and it will be seen .

Or a ministry . The things the elders say in my church but they don't debate it endlessly like some here .
Hi Jason
Didn't know about your father.
I'm so sorry, my sincere condolences to you and your family.
Pastors charge for the service?
Hope all is taken care of.
God bless you.

I sold my life insurance. When I die I have told my family to just dig a hole and dump me in it. I don't want a funeral or headstone or celebration of my life or anything. Just dig a hole and throw my body in the ground and cover it so I don't rank everyone out. Done.
This doesn't seem to be fair or thoughtful toward your family.

You should think of them too.
I doubt they will be digging a hole, literally, and throwing you in it!

Think again Dan.

Do you advertise this Christian forum in your church bulletins for fellow church members to come to?

I would think in the time of the pandemic and some believers out of work, they could use another option for fellowship or for serving Him in ministry while stuck at home.

Just a thought. I do not go to any church around here and so Jesus has been my outlet in fellowship but now that my folks has gotten another internet service, I am presently here as long as the Lord is willing to have me here and to continue to lead me to be here.
It's nice to have you here G.
I believe it's good to go to church and be with other believers.
Right now I attend a CC so it's not quite the same. But it's still good.
But not very often for various reasons.
So I've often said that this forum is my fellowship.

Back