Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Men vs The Gospel

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Soul man

There are a few things to look at concerning your walk in christ now. We have been discussing many aspects of the Christian life.
None as deep as the christ in you, but many things will lead you to understand who you are as a Christian.
The Epistles of Paul have three main aspects.
First: who you are.
Second: how you got to be who you are.
Third: how to live or what to do with who you are.
Paul deals with alot of schisms and other troubles in the church, in it's infant stage, but you have to follow Paul closely because that is only part of his ministry. All along Paul has a main theme in his message to the newly birthed church, "the mystery of Christ in you the hope of glory."
Mentioned more times than any other doctrine is scripture, over 200 hundred times he talks about in Him, in whom, and more than150 times as doctrine.
In one place he said "Christ is our doctrine," you cannot preach it much plainer than that.
It is so clear in the scripture that you will have to dance all around it to not make it known.
Yet men have done exactly that down through the ages and have missed it.
I have sat with some very intelligent and interesting people, that in the natural you would be struck to listen and maybe even follow, they have missed it.
The few that I have sat with, that have meant somewhat to us, have gone off on such an allegorical trek through the word the confusion is astronomical.
They did not even know what they were saying let alone myself, 1Cor. 1:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I talk to them like I talk to you, simply about being in Christ.
That would set them off to explain to me what the scriptures really meant about being in Christ.
And a few would even exclaim to me "did I really believe God would birth His own children."
That is how intelligence works, but if you will notice where "Brilliance ends Revelation begins," 1 Cor. 1:26

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

I'm not talking about men's salvation or their service for God, I'm taking about the deep understanding of who you are.
Men can't take that from you, all the idea's, maybe's and hope so's go out the window.
You have in readiness to revenge all disobedience, that is a mind thing, your mind is protected by the word of God, 2 Cor. 10:5-6

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Your mind being renewed has in it truth and truth is your protector, Eph. 4:14-15

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Your no longer thrown around like a child.
You stand with those in the written word of God and proclaim "I know in whom I believed."

It's the greatest feeling when you discover who you are in Christ. I am no longer that person I use to be as she is dead and gone. Knowing who I am now in Christ brings me into the Spiritual realm of His glory. It's a beautiful place to be.

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
there raises the concern you flip through t.v internet find any kind of teaching you want. many simply are the children tossed to and fro like leaves in the wind... i have family members that have chased every neon rainbow since saved.. they switch beliefs like my wife switches purses . its important to be rooted and grounded

Where did Paul say that? I can't find it.

Good call Jim, I can't find it either. Paul quotes it "christ who is our life'" Col. 3:3-4

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

I have said that for some time because I thought I had read it, sounds good though.
iakov the fool

there raises the concern you flip through t.v internet find any kind of teaching you want. many simply are the children tossed to and fro like leaves in the wind... i have family members that have chased every neon rainbow since saved.. they switch beliefs like my wife switches purses . its important to be rooted and grounded

You know I have often wondered about that. We are compared to sheep, and we do seem that way at times.
We are all unique in creation, some may fall for anything, others don't believe anything. I think the church hoppers as their known are searching, there is something inside them that is not satisfied, looking for something. They may not even know what it is, I like to think their hunger drives them, looking for that spiritual sustenance.

Where did Paul say that? I can't find it.

iakov the fool

This is the only scripture I could find that actually says the doctrine of Christ, but all scripture is His doctrine.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

You know I have often wondered about that. We are compared to sheep, and we do seem that way at times.
We are all unique in creation, some may fall for anything, others don't believe anything. I think the church hoppers as their known are searching, there is something inside them that is not satisfied, looking for something. They may not even know what it is, I like to think their hunger drives them, looking for that spiritual sustenance.
I've been invited to countless churches and I was interested to see how denominations differ because when I first got saved I thought all churches were the same and to different degrees they are . Mark 16:15-18

This is the only scripture I could find that actually says the doctrine of Christ, but all scripture is His doctrine.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

I found these verses but there not what I was talking about, 2 John 9-10
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

I've been invited to countless churches and I was interested to see how denominations differ because when I first got saved I thought all churches were the same and to different degrees they are . Mark 16:15-18

There are alot of great churchs where people are fed and fellowship.
Seems great strides have been made to come together as a body.

Back