Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Merry Christmas!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Barbarian

May the peace of God and the love of your family be with you this Christmas season. God bless all of you.
6566782205_4c07c98aa0_z.jpg

Merry Christmas .....Love the Victorian Building

Antidispensationalrepentaintpenticostal here :yes

Happy Yuletide.

The Yule is a pagan tradition that was overshadowed and co-opted by the Christian tradition of Christmas.

Yule was an indigenous midwinter (winter solstice) festival celebrated by the pagan Scandinavian and other Germanic people.

It's O.K. for them to have their own, but I don't celebrate Yule. I celebrate the birth of our Savior.

The Yule is a pagan tradition that was overshadowed and co-opted by the Christian tradition of Christmas.
Yes, because the Middle Ages Catholic Church always made religious holidays on religious holidays (see May 13, Halloween, All Soul's Day, and All Saint's Day for examples.)

It's O.K. for them to have their own, but I don't celebrate Yule. I celebrate the birth of our Savior.
I celebrate the birth of our Savior, but with the knowledge that this isn't actually his birthday.

/shrug I dont know the exact date so I might as well celebrate it December 25th like most christians.

Christ is born!
Glorify him!

Celebrating Birthdays was also a pagan tradition.

And they compiled the Bible, and kept the traditions and Scripture of the Apostles intact.

Big deal. Even the Protestants should realize that what they have, they have because the Church preserved it over the ages for them.

Let's try not to take this into a discussion about the RCC. It doesn't need to be, and per our forum rules, it shouldn't be.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back