Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mike Huckabee for President

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey Steve,
I live in Arkansas so Mr. Huckabee has been my Governor for quite awhile. I have also met him at my church a few times giving speeches and stuff. He seemed like an ok guy to us here in Arkansas. I never have known him to have anything going on that wasn't ok. Of course the media would have you believe otherwise about every canidate. Anyway, he is a christian and he has so far stood up for chrisitian values. We would hope he continues to do so. Not to much to pick from in the republican party right now but Mr. Huckabee??? !!! Unless someone else has some good ideas.
:biggrin

I like Mike too and I am voting for him unless something drastically changes.

Robert

Hi happiejack00 and Robert.

Yeah, so far he seems like a "What you see is what you get" kinda guy. He seems pretty down to earth and I like that he values people above politics.

Jeff

Chuck Norris endorses Mike Huckabee and we all know that when "Freddy Krueger has nightmares he dreams of Chuck Norris" :biggrin

I like Mike Huckabee also because he is a life long hunter and a firm believer in the right of the law abiding citizen to own fire arms.

I was temporarily signed in as "biblebeliever" because I lost my password for my old profile.

God bless,

Robert

biblebeliever said:
Chuck Norris endorses Mike Huckabee and we all know that when "Freddy Krueger has nightmares he dreams of Chuck Norris" :biggrin

Hey Robert!! :biggrin :biggrin Great to see you again!

That's right buddy! Freddy needs a noogey!

robert8wd.jpg

Huckabee demonstrated a smooth, folksy style and a sharp mind. He was funny, bright and direct. He was the only one who could answer a question about which agency he would abolish - the IRS, because he favors a form of national sales tax.

That's an interesting comment. What do you think this would look like [bolded item]? I'd like to find out more (it's totally a foreign concept to me)

While I like what he has to say and what he stands for I don't believe he is electable.
Bottom line he is a Baptist minister. There are far to many people out there who will not vote for him solely on that basis alone. This is not to say he couldn't get the Republican vote but if he did I don't believe he would be elected president.

Hey Norm.
Do you really think that he won't get elected simply because he's baptist? Just curious.
I'd think that a baptist would have a better chance than Fred Thompson (church of Christ) since there's more baptists than CofC'ers. It's either going to be one of them or Rudy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYv2YW6azE

Chuck and Huck Facts watch the above link it's funny!

Norris and Huckabee. At least they have a sense of humor. LOL!

chucknorrisvi6.jpg

Huck for president and Chuck for Secretary of Defense.

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris."

StoveBolts said:
Hey Norm.
Do you really think that he won't get elected simply because he's baptist? Just curious.
I'd think that a baptist would have a better chance than Fred Thompson (church of Christ) since there's more baptists than CofC'ers. It's either going to be one of them or Rudy.
No not just because he is a Baptist but a Baptist minister. There is a big difference in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I like what he has to say and what he stands for. I even believe he has a good shot at getting the Republican nomination. That being said we have to look at the country as a whole. We have to take into account all the liberals and moderates and to some extent moderate conservatives. Solely based on being a minister I don't think he will get the votes from the groups mentioned. Liberals defiantly won't vote him in based solely on being a main stream Christian minister. They fully believe in separation of Church and State the way it has been defined in recent years (not the way it was originally intended) and fear Huckabee will want to change that and more. Also understand I'm not opposed to Hillary getting elected but for reasons totally different from what I look for in a President. Suffice it to say I've read the end of the book.

That's an interesting view Norm. Normally I don't get too deep into politics so what your saying really sheds some light of different aspects that I've never paid attention to.
What did you mean by, "Read the end of the book?" Now you've got my curiosity :biggrin

StoveBolts said:
What did you mean by, "Read the end of the book?" Now you've got my curiosity :biggrin
End Time Prophecies

Basically certain events need to happen before Jesus returns.

Zechariah 12
2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem.
3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.

As of now America is one of the only countries that support and defend Israel. It's not a stretch for me to see that relationship change drastically with a Democrat in office. If America abandons Israel the others will follow fairly quickly. In my previous post I mentioned Hillary specifically but any liberal candidate will due as they specifically want Christianity removed from our country.

For all those reading this understand this is just my opinion and how I interpret what I have read. I don't know for sure how or when God will work things out to his glory as only he can know that. I can however hope and pray that it is soon.

NRoof said:
StoveBolts said:
End Time Prophecies

Basically certain events need to happen before Jesus returns.

Zechariah 12
2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem.
3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.

As of now America is one of the only countries that support and defend Israel. It's not a stretch for me to see that relationship change drastically with a Democrat in office. If America abandons Israel the others will follow fairly quickly. In my previous post I mentioned Hillary specifically but any liberal candidate will due as they specifically want Christianity removed from our country.

For all those reading this understand this is just my opinion and how I interpret what I have read. I don't know for sure how or when God will work things out to his glory as only he can know that. I can however hope and pray that it is soon.

I do not believe anyone wants Christianity removed from the country. They just want it to be removed as a semi-quasi state religion. Religion should not be sponsered by the state. The NT doesn't call for it to be.

People should be able to practice whatever they want in their own homes or churches without any interference. I do not like Huckabee because he will let his religion interfere with his politics. Anyone who is not in the scientific community that raises their hand to say they do not believe in evolution is doing that soley based on their interpretation of religious principles. That shows a non-objective thought process. That is bad for politics.

My alternatives? I do not know. I have given Ron Paul alot of consideration. He seems to be the only one that speaks out on his beliefs without much regard to pandering. You have to respect that. I'll take anyone over Clinton ;)

This is the first Presidential candidate that has turned my head. Up until recently, I have felt somewhat hopeless for the nation looking at the choice of candidates. Youtube has some interviews of Mike Huckabee and everything I have heard him say has been Biblically solid, and he is not ashamed to give God full credit for every success he has made, which is uncommon these days when candidates like to praise themselves. Moreover, I have not heard him straddling the fence on issues which impresses me. He is coming on Larry King soon so I look forward to hearing that interview as well. So I am definitely looking strongly at Huckabee although I have not made a final decision yet.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back