Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

milk, and when it wasnt in the stores but delivered to your home.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
are we derailing a Jason thread? :biggrin2
yes, I know about schwan's that driver is my neighbor, but what im talking about was when it was the only way to get milk and then an option. schwan's isn't locally. the dairy Im talking about was in the same county.

We got milk and other dairy products delivered to the front door regularly when I was young. No cooler, just a metal basket.

that's what I remember. no more mentioning of the satanic schwans, or I wil give out warnings.lol
We got milk and other dairy products delivered to the front door regularly when I was young. No cooler, just a metal basket.

I remember when milk and cream were delivered to our door...when I brought it from the barn after milking the cows. We then separated the cream from the milk, pasteurized the milk, and later made butter from the cream. That continued well into my teen years.

Do I remember? Man, the kid two doors down from me had a father who was a milkman. My mom was ahead of her time, though. She got it at the store as it was in the supermarkets already.

I concur with the other poster. I think they stopped that back in the 1960's or early 1970's already. Shows one's age if one remembers that, although I was only a kid or teenager then. One's really old if they were adult and remember that. :lol :yes

On a similar note, I used to remember the pretzel and potato chip delivery man "Charles Chips" that came in big tins. We stopped that when the guy was talking about his wife and said "My wife does what I tell her to and I tell her no if's and's or but's... she listens to me" and my mom stopped the service when she said she did not want to get pretzels from that "old drunk" any longer. :hysterical

Do I remember? Man, the kid two doors down from me had a father who was a milkman. My mom was ahead of her time, though. She got it at the store as it was in the supermarkets already.

I concur with the other poster. I think they stopped that back in the 1960's or early 1970's already. Shows one's age if one remembers that, although I was only a kid or teenager then. One's really old if they were adult and remember that. :lol :yes

On a similar note, I used to remember the pretzel and potato chip delivery man "Charles Chips" that came in big tins. We stopped that when the guy was talking about his wife and said "My wife does what I tell her to and I tell her no if's and's or but's... she listens to me" and my mom stopped the service when she said she did not want to get pretzels from that "old drunk" any longer. :hysterical
I was born in 1973, I remember the milkman delivering milk to my trailer. the last time he did that was in 1981.

you have been reported, phhttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

besides the milkman was banned in commiefornia for not being organic etc, he had to meet government standards , instead of just letting them graze or feeding them natural things.

A neighbourhood story on milk delivery....
Mid 70s....Loretta was still getting milk delivered a couple days a week ..... seems the delivery guy was not leaving her full order.... so on the phone and researched yup all was fine... .... So she watches,,,, the little kid, maybe 5-6 , next door third generation of welfare , was talking the milk off her porch ....

Loretta called the cops.... they said in different ways too bad.... and hassled her about not caring for the kid next door...

We all know the little kid was sent by the grownups in that house ... Loretta handed him a PB&J right along with her kids... well that ended the milk deliveries at her house.....

Yes I do, I use steal the people next door to my grand mother, s milk. It had to be around 1962 or so. I also remember the ice wagons. I also remember getting our chickens killed, when we would tell them that is the one that we wanted. I also remember the pig slaughter houses. One was across the street from my grade school. Those pigs knew they were going to die I can tell you that. They would really holler when they seen the one in front of them get busted in the head.

Back