Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Modern Christianity = Baal worship

precepts

Christianity, just like in the time of Israel, has become infiltrated by Baal and his followers. Like in the days of Elijah, I alone remain, and haven't bowed the knee to Baal and his image from my birth. In my opinion, those born of God would never accept an image of God, it's common sense. It's the sons of Baal that worship the anti-christ image, and they're known by their fruits.

I don't expect to get any real responses, because we, the children of God, are few in numbers, and where the carcass is is where you'll find the vultures. God bless !

precepts

Exd 20:2 I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exd 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exd 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
Exd 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;
Exd 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

For those of us who haven't had any on-going discussions with you: what are you talking about?

Also Elijah allowed his anxiety to get the best of him. He mistakenly believed that he was the only one left serving God - but God had preserved a remnant for Himself that he did not know about. I think that we have all been in that position and mindset before, so I'm not judging Elijah, but I'm just pointing out that Elijah was not the last one. And even if he was, cannot God raise up more children of Abraham from even the stones of the earth?

God Bless,

~Josh

1Jo 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Christianity, just like in the time of Israel, has become infiltrated by Baal and his followers. Like in the days of Elijah, I alone remain, and haven't bowed the knee to Baal and his image from my birth. In my opinion, those born of God would never accept an image of God, it's common sense. It's the sons of Baal that worship the anti-christ image, and they're known by their fruits.

I don't expect to get any real responses, because we, the children of God, are few in numbers, and where the carcass is is where you'll find the vultures. God bless !

precepts

Romans 11:4

But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

precepts
Funny, i have seen many false prophets here in the forums, but i have yet to see any sacrififice their children to baal.

Ba'al was, once upon a time, a perfectly acceptable name for 'God' even in the OT. Take the time to do a search on the names of Israelites who had Ba'al somewhere in their names.

Ba'al was, once upon a time, a perfectly acceptable name for 'God' even in the OT. Take the time to do a search on the names of Israelites who had Ba'al somewhere in their names.

Israel,s activities would not be a good source for what God finds acceptable. They where Gods children and Jerusalam was destroyed 19 times because the worshipped false Gods.

The name of a child is not an indication of worshipping something. It is only an indication of what a society considers mundane.

The name of a child is not an indication of worshipping something. It is only an indication of what a society considers mundane.
i think your are confusing the word adonai (lord in ancient hebrew) with the caananite god adonais. which we know btw as these ishtar,venus,aphrodite.

Jason,

I disagree but you knew I would, right? :)
i know that you are aware that the semitic poeples of the levant arent just jews but arabs,the philistines of lore, the phoenican, and the amorites, the moabites. they have a related tounge.

i dont see how you can say that given the judgments of God against isreal for baal worship.or also the warnings of that and those that pass through the fire of chemosh(baal with another name) baal is also a male fertility god. would you if you were a devout isrealite of lore name your son baal? i think not.

And yet they did.

Genesis 36
38 Shaul died, and Baal-hanan the son of Achbor reigned in his place.

39 Baal-hanan the son of Achbor died, and Hadar reigned in his place, the name of his city being Pau; his wife's name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, daughter of Mezahab.

Judges 6: 32 Therefore on that day Gideon was called Jerubbaal, that is to say, "Let Baal contend against him," because he broke down his altar.

Judges 7
1 Then Jerubbaal (that is, Gideon) and all the people who were with him rose early and encamped beside the spring of Harod. And the camp of Midian was north of them, by the hill of Moreh, in the valley.

Judges 8
29 Jerubbaal the son of Joash went and lived in his own house.

Judges 9
1 Now Abimelech the son of Jerubbaal went to Shechem to his mother's relatives and said to them and to the whole clan of his mother's family,

2 "Say in the ears of all the leaders of Shechem, 'Which is better for you, that all seventy of the sons of Jerubbaal rule over you, or that one rule over you?' Remember also that I am your bone and your flesh."

4 And they gave him seventy pieces of silver out of the house of Baal-berith with which Abimelech hired worthless and reckless fellows, who followed him.

5 And he went to his father's house at Ophrah and killed his brothers the sons of Jerubbaal, seventy men, on one stone. But Jotham the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left, for he hid himself.

16 "Now therefore, if you acted in good faith and integrity when you made Abimelech king, and if you have dealt well with Jerubbaal and his house and have done to him as his deeds deserved---

19 if you then have acted in good faith and integrity with Jerubbaal and with his house this day, then rejoice in Abimelech, and let him also rejoice in you.

24 that the violence done to the seventy sons of Jerubbaal might come, and their blood be laid on Abimelech their brother, who killed them, and on the men of Shechem, who strengthened his hands to kill his brothers.

28 And Gaal the son of Ebed said, "Who is Abimelech, and who are we of Shechem, that we should serve him? Is he not the son of Jerubbaal, and is not Zebul his officer? Serve the men of Hamor the father of Shechem; but why should we serve him?

57 And God also made all the evil of the men of Shechem return on their heads, and upon them came the curse of Jotham the son of Jerubbaal.

Judges 20
33 And all the men of Israel rose up out of their place and set themselves in array at Baal-tamar, and the men of Israel who were in ambush rushed out of their place from Maareh-geba.

1 Samuel 7
4 So the people of Israel put away the Baals and the Ashtaroth, and they served the LORD only.

1 Samuel 12
10 And they cried out to the LORD and said, 'We have sinned, because we have forsaken the LORD and have served the Baals and the Ashtaroth. But now deliver us out of the hand of our enemies, that we may serve you.'

11 And the LORD sent Jerubbaal and Barak and Jephthah and Samuel and delivered you out of the hand of your enemies on every side, and you lived in safety.

2 Samuel 5
20 And David came to Baal-perazim, and David defeated them there. And he said, "The LORD has burst through my enemies before me like a bursting flood." Therefore the name of that place is called Baal-perazim.

2 Samuel 6
2 And David arose and went with all the people who were with him from Baale-judah to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the name of the LORD of hosts who sits enthroned on the cherubim.

2 Samuel 13
23 After two full years Absalom had sheepshearers at Baal-hazor, which is near Ephraim, and Absalom invited all the king's sons.

1 Kings 9
18 and Baalath and Tamar in the wilderness, in the land of Judah,

2 Kings 4
42 A man came from Baal-shalishah, bringing the man of God bread of the firstfruits, twenty loaves of barley and fresh ears of grain in his sack. And Elisha said, "Give to the men, that they may eat."

Not to mention place names!

And yet they did.

Not to mention place names!
ok part of that was in judgments. and lets look at the names and what they mean? do they have anything to do with baal if they named like that.

theres no mention of baal as a city. or boys named baal.

interesting according to this. baal simply means master in some that context, as i stated.

if you disagree take it up with the hebrews.

http://jbq.jewishbible.org/assets/Uploads/313/313_Jerubaa2.pdf

Back