Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

More views of the Principality of Monaco

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
1280px-Panorama_von_Monaco-La_Turbie.jpg
Wikimedia

Another view of the Principality of Monaco from the French Alpes-Maritimes
Very nice :)

Very nice :)

The mountains are so steep nearby; and it shows how Monaco, before the advent of the railroad, was successful in keeping its independence for 100s of years because it was so inaccessible by land.

Blessings.

Very pretty.I am thinking of all the work to build that.
Quite right. This Cathédrale de Saint-Nicolas was built in 1875, in Romanesque style.

Inside, the tombs of the Princes, inscribed in Latin, are impressive.

Blessings.

Yes,I can see that.
Prince Rainier III (reigned 1949-2005) was known as 'le Prince bâtisseur', the builder Prince. The area of the Principality was also extended by about a 1/5, with a whole new suburb, Fontvieille, being built on land reclaimed from the sea.

Monaco_Roseraie_Princesse_Grace_Quote.jpg
'GraceKelly', CC A-SA 3.0, Wikimedia

Quote from Princess Grace, at Monaco's Rose Garden named for her

I am thinking that there is alot of wealth in Monaco.
Yes; and real estate is hugely expensive before even the question arises of having a prized residence permit. However, local Monégasque nationals have various privileges, so it is not entirely a free market in real estate and rentals. Many French people work in Monaco, living at a distance also. French nationals who do have a prized residence permit still have to pay French income taxes. In return for giving up this aspect of its sovereignty, the Principality gets considerable Value Added Tax rebates from the French Treasury; there was a confrontation between General Charles de Gaulle and Prince Rainier III many years ago, this was the agreement that was subsequently worked out.

Blessings.

Those are wonderful photos of Monaco, farouk. I've visited there only once, many years ago, but it was a pleasure. That's a beautiful part of the world.

Back