Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Multiculturalism?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Guap

In many countries in the West there is a debate about Multiculturalism. Some people see it as a good thing that enriches people’s lives with difference experiences and should be fully embraced. Others feel a sense of fear of losing their culture and their cultural identity. I think this shows that there are both good and bad things about multiculturalism.

One of the things I like about multiculturalism is bringing in new ‘foreign’ foods. Some of them have an inviting smell that waters the mouth. They are ‘foreign’ to the local scene but this doesn’t make them attractive to people.

When we start to follow Jesus we enter the kingdom of God. We are no longer ‘strangers and aliens’ (Eph 2:19) to God’s people but are part of God’s family. Then we become ‘citizens of heaven’ rather than this world, and therefore are ‘aliens’ in this world.

For some our ‘being foreign’ (or ontoxenos) will be a negative thing. Jesus’ died for our sins because none of us are ‘good enough’. Some people get offended with the idea of not being good enough. When we live out a life that truly knows we aren’t good enough to earn God’s love and just receive God’s love because he is love, this can offend some people.

On the other hand, if we truly live out loving one another as Jesus as loved us, then this will be attractive to others. When we truly live out a Christ centred community people will be attracted to this.

It makes me wonder how much I contribute to this sort of community. Where do I do this? How can I help this happen?

It also makes me wonder ‘how do others see my community’? Do they think it is loving? Do they think it is attractive?

(Taken from http://ontoxenos.wordpress.com/2014/03/21/multiculturalism/ used with persmission)

When others see that light of Christ shine through you, even in your worst moments it makes others question how you can be happy and have love in your heart, especially in times of persecutions

Back