Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Muslims Crush A little Boys Arm For Stealing

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
moniker said:
jgredline said:
Islamic Clerics Authorize Sex With Infants

You are aware of some of the things priests, cardinals, and the like did back before (and even after) they were made to take a vow of chastity, right?

Actually you got me on that one. You are correct. Well sort off. From what I hear and read this is one reason why many Catholic Schools and churches are closing down, because of all the pedofile priest and lawsuits they have had to settle.. I am not a catholic of any sort, but I am sure there has been cases of pastors who pass themselves off as Christians who have done the same.

jgredline,

You didn't reply to my post...the one above your Palestinians call Pope "stupid" link.

As for the said link, I don't know what you're trying to prove. The Pope said some controversial things that made them angry. I actually understood from the start that the Pope was merely quoting somebody but what with Islam always, always under the not-so-friendly radar, it's just easy to set not so moderate Muslims off. Nothing new or special.

carrpxd...it is amazing, isn't it? :biggrin

Exposing the Muslim

Following Muhammad's example....

Joudie said:
....Where have I ever said that Al-Zarqawi's actions in beheading people on camera and then sending them to be broadcast on any and all news networks was all right? I never said that. That is not Islam's way, and NO, a Qur'an-believing Muslim would NOT do that. Only those that have disgusting agendas of their own. I thought I made that clear, but it seems I have to constantly repeat myself.
Gary said:
Let us rather consider the facts.

Read the source documents of Islam. The Quran, the Hadith... history. Muhammad and his followers leave a trail of blood and murders.

Assassinations, murders, lies and trickery. That is Islam that Muhammad practiced and the Islam that his real followers practice today.

Revenge and murder; those are the examples Muhammad left behind.

Al-Nadr bin al-Harith.... beheaded on Muhammad's instructions.

Uqba bin Abu Muayt.... beheaded by one of Muhammad's followers.

Asma bint Marwan.... murdered while she slept... on Muhammad's instructions!

Abu Afak..... (100 years old!) murdered by Muhammad's thugs.

Kab bin al-Ashraf.... murdered by Muhammad's thugs after he allowed them to lie. They beheaded him and brought the head to their hero, Muhammad.

etc etc

Your so-called prophet was and is a murderer. He is the example you follow.

:o :o :o :o

Joudie: Who are these people that Muhammad supposedly killed anyways? What did they do? Who are they? You can't just spit out names and their deaths and expect me to sympathize.

Gary: You don't know about these beheadings and murders? I thought you studied Islam.

Joudie: Besides, what you quoted has nothing to do with anything. Just because Muslims back then did behead people doesn't mean it justifies doing it now.

Gary: These men (and women) were alive at the same time as Muhammad. Muhammad ordered these murders. He condoned the beheadings.

Joudie: ...You realize that moderate Muslims condemn this, but the terrorists promote it--

Gary: Muhammad promoted murdering and eliminating his opponents.

Joudie: I happen to be close to a heckuva lot of Muslims--which is more than you can probably say. I know what they're like. Tell me honestly, how many do you know personally?

Gary: I live amongst Muslims. Are you a Muslim? Be honest now....

Joudie: Have you ever read the Qur'an with an open mind, instead of a mind hard-wired into believing that everything it is going to say is disgusting, violent and untrue?

Gary: I have studied the Quran and the Hadith for several years now. Have you? If so, how come you were unaware of the murders and beheadings I mentioned?

Re: Exposing the Muslim

Joudie: Who are these people that Muhammad supposedly killed anyways? What did they do? Who are they? You can't just spit out names and their deaths and expect me to sympathize.

Gary: You don't know about these beheadings and murders? I thought you studied Islam.

Me: I don't *study* it, per se. I'm just surrounded by it. I do know there was much killing and beheading, though. But since you seem to have studied it for "several years" I thought you'd be happy to give details. I also asked because you made the claim, thus the burden of proof is on you to back it up. This is just the way I see it.

Joudie: Besides, what you quoted has nothing to do with anything. Just because Muslims back then did behead people doesn't mean it justifies doing it now.

Gary: These men (and women) were alive at the same time as Muhammad. Muhammad ordered these murders. He condoned the beheadings.

Me: Yes, but there had to be a reason behind it, no? I just want to know the reason...was it out of his own bloodthirsty need to spill blood? Or did these people do something bad or commit treachery? Or what?

Joudie: ...You realize that moderate Muslims condemn this, but the terrorists promote it--

Gary: Muhammad promoted murdering and eliminating his opponents.

Me: This is similar to what I've told Carey. The Qur'an promoted war when Islam was under warfare because of it being a new religion and all. It was basically fight or be wiped out. However, during times of peace, there was tolerance. "Lakom deenakom wa lee deenie". "You have your religion and I have mine."

Joudie: I happen to be close to a heckuva lot of Muslims--which is more than you can probably say. I know what they're like. Tell me honestly, how many do you know personally?

Gary: I live amongst Muslims. Are you a Muslim? Be honest now....

Me: Living amongst Muslims and knowing Muslims personally are two different things. I can say I live amongst Indians and Hindus, but I can't say I know them personally. See?

Joudie: Have you ever read the Qur'an with an open mind, instead of a mind hard-wired into believing that everything it is going to say is disgusting, violent and untrue?

Gary: I have studied the Quran and the Hadith for several years now. Have you? If so, how come you were unaware of the murders and beheadings I mentioned?[/quote]

Me: I was not unaware that there were beheadings. I just wanted you to clarify your claims. I wanted you to give more details before I changed my mind or judged or whatever. I like details, so long as they're not horrifically boring. Or gruesome. But I digress...

I know many passages from the Qur'an by heart--in Arabic. I know many Muslims personally and have had many a religious discussion with them. They are also very open-minded and very tolerant Muslims, so it isn't like I'm being brainwashed. I also use my logic, as do several other people, Muslim and not. You have to take many things about the Qur'an into account, and I've mentioned this before many times. The time in which it was written, the people to whom it was written and why, when specific passages came down and why--it all plays a role. You can't look at this verse: "Don't take the Jews and Christians for your friends", for example, and use it today because there is no real threat from them anymore...well, not from most civilians of these religions anyways. But then, there was a real threat, a real chance of getting killed or betrayed if you befriended them. This is why tolerance is also preached. War is not condoned unless your religion is in danger. Terrorists blow this extremely out of proportion, which is why I wish they'd all drop dead, the sick freaks.

I also want to say one more thing: I swear I am not trying to promote Islam. I am not claiming it is superior to Christianity or Judaism or whatever other religion anyone can think of. All I have in mind is to show you that Islam is not what you think it is. You can go ahead and think that because it is not Christianity, Muslims are going to Hell. That's your belief, go ahead and stick with it if that is your desire.

However, it is not a religion that promotes the murder of innocents. It is not a religion that promotes violence for the sake of violence. The reason you see it so much is, first off, in America, the media is severely biased, and secondly--and unfortunately--most Muslims live in backward third-world countries, so the way they act isn't exactly civilized when their religion is insulted. Moreover, most of those who interpret the Qur'an as violent and intolerant are those who read it at a superficial level, or with a sense of biasness. The Qur'an is quite a complicated Book...not something you can study for some number of years and think you have backwards and forwards. Many theologians have spent their lives studying it and still find new ways of interpreting it and explaining it.

In conclusion, I just want to know...why do you find it so difficult to even acknowledge that maybe Islam isn't really all that bad of a religion, it just has terrible representatives? Why do you (and, mind you, I'm not talking just specifically "you" as in "Gary" but in general) seem to adamantly insist on making it out to be a terrible and demonic religion? Would it kill you if you found out it isn't?

The above amuses me somewhat. The 'Christian God' of the Old Testament doesn't exactly come through without a blemish in regard to the killings He ordered either ...!

Sputnic, Tell me one thing. Are you a Christian or not? Why do you critize God so much?

May God bless, golfjack

Has Lewis ever apologized for passing on this lie about the boy being punished? If I were suckered into passing on a lie, I'd apologize, as would any decent person. I'd also be angry that I was lied to and tricked into passing on a lie.

Re: reply

golfjack said:
Sputnic, Tell me one thing. Are you a Christian or not? Why do you critize God so much?

May God bless, golfjack

He's not criticizing God...he's just stating a fact.

OK
Suppose for a second that the broken arm is a joke.
The very evil muslims have such a bad reputation for be headings, cuttings limbs, raping little girls and boys, stoneing people that when you see a brken arm, you think. Wow that boy was lucky.

God bless,
Oscar

oscar3 said:
OK
Suppose for a second that the broken arm is a joke.
The very evil muslims have such a bad reputation for be headings, cuttings limbs, raping little girls and boys, stoneing people that when you see a brken arm, you think. Wow that boy was lucky.

God bless,
Oscar

so true

My dear God, Oscar, you make it sound like every Muslim country is nothing but a desert filled with savages killing and raping each other all the time...is this what you really believe???? Tell me honestly, so I know who I'm talking to.

Same goes for you jgredline, since you so adamantly believe what he said.

While I can only speak for myself I believe Oscars statement to be true ONLY of muslims who read, study and take the Koran to heart, because that is what the Koran teaches.. If you take a muslim who takes his Koran to heart you will have a terrorist. If you take a Christian who takes his Bible to heart at WORST you will have a good person..

The Koran teaches to kill the infadel ''Thats me'' It teaches to Kill me.

No, it doesn't teach to kill infidels--in this context meaning non-Muslims. (Which includes you, at least you were right about that.) That's what terrorists believe it says and--incidentally--you and many others on this board save for the some of the atheists and more open-minded Christians.

I've been repeating this so much, honestly, I'm growing fur on my tongue. (Though, heh, I'm not literally speaking. Let's just say my fingers are begging me to stop making them press the same keys.)

You don't need, in your reply, to give me quote after quote from the Qur'an "proving" it teaches to kill infidels. Some notable members on this site have done it many times, and I've read them many times and I honest-to-God don't care to read them any more. I've said this before to Gary, I believe and I *know* I've said this SEVERAL times to Carey. And here I go again:

When the Qur'an says to "kill the infidels" it was during a time when "infidels" were making war on the Muslims, what with it being a new religion and, well, any new religion growing at that pace can be percieved as a threat. Look at my reply to Gary a few posts above me...I've think I've said this in more detail.

However, if you care to look, you'll realize that tolerance of other people's religion is also preached. This is unless you're reading a translated version that also happens to be edited. In that case, I can only hope you aren't. Many Muslims take the Qur'an to heart and don't take these verses as a command to kill non-Muslims. Muslims like these know this book is inspired by God! Why, in any sane Muslim's mind, would God incite you to kill unless it was to defend yourself, your land or your religion? Muslims believe in one God Almighty who is the Creator and who made our existence possible. Why would He put us on this planet to promote intolerance, chaos and bloodshed? Why would God want this?

This answer to this is simple--He doesn't want this. Only those who misunderstand His words do. Those who are backwards, brainwashed, poverty-stricken, desperate, conniving, power-hungry...or those who are biased or easily influenced by what they see on the surface.

And, if I may ask you to clarify, what do you mean, exactly, by "If you take a Christian who takes his Bible to heart, at WORST, you will have a good person"? I just want you to give more details, so I know what to reply without jumping to conclusions.

Joudie said:
My dear God, Oscar, you make it sound like every Muslim country is nothing but a desert filled with savages killing and raping each other all the time...is this what you really believe???? Tell me honestly, so I know who I'm talking to.

I was telling you honestly. I do not lie

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back