Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My arrest record has been expunged!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Over 2 years ago, I committed a violent crime. I was basically having a nervous break down at time, but that's no excuse. I should have been convicted and received whatever appropriate penalty (in my state, for that crime, in a first offender, that would usually mean 5+ years probation). I didn't. I was allowed the opportunity to go a Christian rehab center and then do some community service and counseling. Now, today, I received a letter saying all records related to my arrest have been sealed or destroyed.

I can't thank God enough for yet another chance.

It is clear God was with you back then!

Praise God CE for the mighty work He is doing in your life. There is no question about it: the Lord is with you brother! His love for you is overflowing!

I am rejoicing with you CE.

Yayyyyyyyy, :biggrin

:bounce

You have something to be doubly thankful for. Not only have your records been destroyed and you given another chance, but that they allowed you to take that route to begin with is nothing short of a miracle considering all the bias against Christianity these days.

If the Spirit so leads, your actual experience is an excellent testimony as to exactly the way Christ forgives us, too. Too often people don't realize that, and even amongst believers, they don't understand true pardon which is why they question their salvation at times.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm so happy about this. God provided a way for me to be taught how to live and function as a healthy, productive Christian man, and now He's worked out a way for my past to be put aside so I can move on with my (new) life.

I never thought about how my situation shows how God forgives all sinners. I guess we all come to God guilty as can be and then He expunges our sinful pasts once we accept the free gift of salvation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over 2 years ago, I committed a violent crime. I was basically having a nervous break down at time, but that's no excuse. I should have been convicted and received whatever appropriate penalty (in my state, for that crime, in a first offender, that would usually mean 5+ years probation). I didn't. I was allowed the opportunity to go a Christian rehab center and then do some community service and counseling. Now, today, I received a letter saying all records related to my arrest have been sealed or destroyed.

I can't thank God enough for yet another chance.

Wow, wouldn`t you consider that a miracle? Other than a Presidential pardon, I`ve never heard of anyone who was admittedly guilty, just get a letter saying their criminal record has been sealed and destroyed! I mean if I were guilty, I would have thought just escaping prison with rehab and counseling was the greatest blessing. Anything more would have never crossed my mind to ask for or to think as possible. I think you`ve been blessed in an incredible and miraculous way. Praise be to God!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back