Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My best friend

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok. My best friend since the age of 15, that's almost 8 years, found out she was pregnant a few weeks ago. She was SO happy. She's talked about how much she wants kids since we were in highschool. Well, this morning, at 8 wks and 5 days, she had an ultra sound appointment. As it turns out, the babies heart had stopped beating, and she lost the baby. I know she's devastated, because I know how much she wanted this baby. When I called her, she sounded as if she'd been crying, which is saying something b/c she does not cry. Well, obviously I'd appreciate if you guys prayed for her and her husband. But I also would like some suggestions for appropriate Bible verses that might make her feel better. thanks.

Just hold her and let her cry or whatever she does. My wife had a miscarriage with our first pregnancy. We were so upset with people who tried to comfort us by listing people they knew who went through it. They meant well, but this was our baby, not there's. And it was our first. Will we ever have a baby.

I'll tell you, but I would never tell her, we are blessed with 3 now. But someone there just needs someone to share their pain. I'll think about some verses, but just hold her as she goes through this. She was so excited. Probably had all kinds of decisions made, things bought ahead of time, maybe painted a room, etc. And then it all gets pulled away from them. :shame

Have you heard the song by Natalie Grant, "Held". Oh, I wish that song were around when my wife was going through it. Check it out with words on you tube if you haven't. Def make ya cry!

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

I have prayed and will continue to pray. These are a few scripture verses about God's comfort:

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." (Isaiah 40:28-29)

"Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29)

"Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things, who, O God is like you? Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again." (Psalm 71:19-21)

“ Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts those in any trouble, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. (2 Cor. 1:3-5)

I found this comforting poem from a man who's wife had two miscarriages. It is about their babies being in heaven.

Far away from fear and death
Do my children play;
Never to know the sting of sin
On their spotless soul;
Never to know a single tear
Nor stab of searing pain.

In the Father’s arms are they,
His face do they behold.
In arms of tender comfort
They rest in loving cheer;
Salty taste of tears
Never to crease their face;
Not burnt by scorching sun
Nor chilled by thunderous storms.
Untouched by earthly shadows
And haunting pangs of night,
They giggle in golden warmth
And snuggle in contented glee.

Lifted higher than dreams can go,
They soar above
The failings of earth
And thrive in the love
Of the Father
Whose tender grace sparkles
And wondrous ways smile
With endless delight.

Yet my arms feel empty.
With painful chest
I long to hold them
To my breast;
To see their smiling faces
And ease my painful fears.
Yet this I know:
They are safe
In the Master’s care.
And I shall see them face to face
And hold them when I’m there.

They’ve breezed their way to Paradise.
How smooth their getting there;
So free from blame and shame.
More pain than them I’ve known,
Yet our destiny’s the same.
Their journey there was easy;
Long and hard is mine.
But whether quick or long,
We will meet again.

Till then, my loves, rest easy.
Behold his face and rejoice
Without a single fear.
I shall come to you some day
And you shall dry my tears,
As I weep in joy
To see your cheery face.
And even now at times
I think I hear your giggles,
But rest, my loves, in his arms,
Till I am with you there.

Thank you very much. She's back to her old self, but I know it's a put on. Not only do I know her very well, but she told me so. I said "You seem to have bounced back well", and she smiled and said "It's fake". To which I responded "yeah, I figured". I wish she didn't feel she had to put on a front, but at least she's able to remain positive. Thank you for your prayers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back