Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[ Testimony ] My current testimony

Here is my current but ongoing testimony for you all:

I was born in 1982, and was baptized a Catholic Christian. Moving up to 1996, when I attended the Montana school for the deaf and blind, where I met someone from Christian Record Services who was trying to get people to go to their blind camps. I attended the camp at Hayden lake, Idaho called Mivoden, and they had a pastor there that would talk about God. So learned lots about God. Then a few years ago I went to a men's retreat and learned more about being born again, and I am now an official born again Catholic-Christian. And when I joined this forum, I learned how to change my attitude and am on my way to that part. You for now will see three periods at the end of this to signify that I will write more when I have learned to control my attitude. So, that's my testimony and I'm sticking to it...

My attitude change isn't going as well as I had hoped. But but but I am for sure POSITIVE that it will get better as time goes on...

We grow as we walk with the Lord... we dont want to stand still or not grow.. We wont get any where if we dont move and growing takes time... we walk one step at a time :)

This is for you Dana; the day i met Jesus i was so overcome with joy i felt as though i was floating up into heaven, when we got back from the church where i met him i laid on a cot staring up at the ceiling and all i could think of saying was "Your Real" Everything they said was true, and i kept repeating i love you Jesus i love you. That my friend is what i called being born again, Jesus said in order to see the kingdom of God you must be born again "And He meant it". The adventure had begun, now that i knew who he was i knew i could trust him, so i grabbed the bible and dug in, one of the first things i read comes from Matthew.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Praise God i can believe God now i can trust him everything he says is true!

Oh! Let me leave you with this from the same chapter..

Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

tob

Yes Dana that is what I'm saying its what Jesus is saying , i said
Praise God i can believe God now i can trust him everything he says is true!
That my friend is what i call revelation, Jesus revealed himself to me as he does with every born again believer. One of the easiest things to do after you get saved its to rush to the nearest bookstore looking for more books "bible help books" One that comes to mind was a man from China called Watchman Nee, "The Watchman" as we called him. hey man did you hear what the watchman said about that?? There's one huge problem that crops up, you begin to drift. Who was this watchman, we didn't examine him very closely, we didn't feel we needed to, because he was what was happening at the time. Its only when we go straight to the master we'll find that everlasting joy, grounded firmly on the rock of our salvation, i have found everything i need in my owners manual.. :thumbsup

tob

Would The Purpose Driven Life be a good one to read? If it is, I have one here at home. I started reading it once and couldn't read it all the way through. But I will read it cover to cover.

There are plans and programs about reading the Bible through... One could also start at the front and read to the back... Like TOB said ...he found everything he needed in his owners manual..

Other books are good too.

I use a search engine designed with privacy in mind its called Duck Duck Go. When I'm asked about a teacher preacher i do a search, i compare those findings with the word of God, that's what i did with Rick Warren. Lets say its been said he's a man of God O.k. lets do a search, in today's world apostasy is running rampant, well its been running rampant for ages but lets see what it says when you enter Is Rick Warren An Apostate..

https://duckduckgo.com/

tob

I ran it this way because i heard that he was..:shame

As I am reading/listening to the bible, it is making me feel calmer than before I read/listen to it. Then after, I feel positive about it.

Starting to have a positive day/ life so far. God is good...

Hi again Dana, Boy, it sure looks like you are doing a lot better than when you started. I have been following your progress because Jesus loves you so very much, and He has put a love for you in my heart. I'm an old country preacher. I have been the pastor of 3 Baptist churches and have taught the Scriptures in several "house churches" that the Lord had me establish. I say all of that, not to impress you, but to inform you that I've "been around the barn" a few times, as they say I want you to know that I love you through the Lord Jesus. I want to help you in anyway that you need.

You mentioned reading books. I have, over the years, found some books extremely helpful. One such book "Absolute Surrender" by Andrew Murray, is a great book. While attending Bible College, I read this book and it was used by God to change my life in so many different ways. One of the chapters was titled "Impossible with Man, possible with God". It talks about trying to do something but ending up failing, trying again, failing again, Boy, I learned a lot from just that one chapter. It's a paperback book with 123 pages. Once you start reading it you can't put it down. I suggest you purchase it ASAP.

OK Dana, I'm offering myself to you, to be a help. I will pray over your needs and give counsel where it's needed. Being that I'm on Staff here on the Forum, I'm "on" most of the time.

Back