Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My Dad in the Hospital

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

I just got off the phone with my mother. My father was admitted to the hospital today with pneumonia in both lungs. He's 77 and not in the best health. They're telling them they're not too concerned and that this shouldn't be too threatening, but you never know. Pneumonia at that age can break a person. :sad

If anyone can lift him up, even if you don't respond, I'd appreciate it.

Mike, God knows your heart and hears your prayers for your dad. I am praying for him as well as you. Stay strong, if your mind gets a little overwhelmed with concern at any point....fall into the arms of our Heavenly Father....he will always be there to catch you <><

I'll certainly be praying for him, Mike.

I've been sick with pneumonia pretty much since Christmas. Now, I'm a lot younger and in general good health, so this is no where as concerning for me than for someone who's 77. But, just as an encouragement, they do have really good treatments for pneumonia now days. I'm glad they have him in the hospital, so he can get the best treatments right away.

Thanks ladies. :)

I'm waiting to hear again from my mother to get a better bead on how he's doing. I just spoke to him early in the morning, so he can't be too bad now. But how many times to you hear the words "from complications of pneumonia"?

We'll be heading up to see him after work.

Definitely. Before Joy heads out we'll make it a point to lift all of you in prayer.

Be blessed, Stay blessed!

I just got off the phone with my mother. My father was admitted to the hospital today with pneumonia in both lungs. He's 77 and not in the best health. They're telling them they're not too concerned and that this shouldn't be too threatening, but you never know. Pneumonia at that age can break a person. :sad

If anyone can lift him up, even if you don't respond, I'd appreciate it.
Best wishes Mike.

So sorry to hear this Mike, I pray for your peace of mind and for your father to get healed without any complications. :pray

Praying for your dad, Mike, that the pneumonia will retreat completely from the antibiotics, and that his general health will not be affected in any way from this.

Mike,
I understand where your coming from and I pray that God will give you the assurance your looking for, as well as being with the doctors and nurses that will help your father regain his strength. :pray

Thanks to all. He's (not so comfortably) wresting with a few IV's, so hopefully the antibiotics get him turned around and over the initial hump in a hurry just so he can have an easier time breathing.

Funny guy. He has a pad of paper, and he's documenting everything. It's just his way he's always been. "3:45pm - nurse came in to check roommate. checked his blood pressure. asked if I needed anything." "4:10 - woman stopped in to ask my dinner preference. closed the shades a little." "4:25 - visitor came in wrong room"

He'd been in the room for only a few hours and had 3 pages of notes. The staff is convinced he's a lawyer. :lol

I'll certainly be praying for him, Mike.

I've been sick with pneumonia pretty much since Christmas. Now, I'm a lot younger and in general good health, so this is no where as concerning for me than for someone who's 77. But, just as an encouragement, they do have really good treatments for pneumonia now days. I'm glad they have him in the hospital, so he can get the best treatments right away.
Hi Handy: Stand on God's word for your healing. Healing Scriptures Here is a link for healing scriptures. Try to say them out loud to the Father before you go to bed and/or when you wake up. Hope it helps :) Praying for you, Handy.

Thanks for all the encouragement. He's doing better. We were hoping he'd be released today, but he's been kept for at least one more day. He's had serious respiratory issues for years. I worked in the field of respiratory research for about 10 years, but it's hard to get a handle on this one. He smoked as a young adult, but hasn't for decades. Still, he shows all the hallmarks of emphysema. His pulmonologist hasn't diagnosed him as such, so I have to assume he knows more than me. My dad's been to clinics in Colorado and Ann Arbor, but no relief from a horrible cough.

It looks like this bout with pneumonia will pass, but I don't see any resolution to his underlying respiratory problems. All in God's Fully Capable Hands. :yes

Bless you all!

Thanks for all the encouragement. He's doing better. We were hoping he'd be released today, but he's been kept for at least one more day. He's had serious respiratory issues for years. I worked in the field of respiratory research for about 10 years, but it's hard to get a handle on this one. He smoked as a young adult, but hasn't for decades. Still, he shows all the hallmarks of emphysema. His pulmonologist hasn't diagnosed him as such, so I have to assume he knows more than me. My dad's been to clinics in Colorado and Ann Arbor, but no relief from a horrible cough.

It looks like this bout with pneumonia will pass, but I don't see any resolution to his underlying respiratory problems. All in God's Fully Capable Hands. :yes Well, Mike, God is the ultimate Healer. Also, he gives us knowledge and wisdom in life as well. I live in the NJ area not too far from a place called Ocean Grove, NJ. In the 1800's -- The area was known for it's high density of pine trees -- which were known to give immediate help for those with emphysema and breathing issues. When
he gets home, try picking up a diffuser for essential oils -- try balsam fir for the essential oil and see if it helps at all. Here is a link for the essentials Young Living Essential Oils Product Blog » 2009 Balsam Fir Harvest I work as a spa therapist doing facials and I come across a lot of info to help people with breathing problems :)

Hi Handy: Stand on God's word for your healing. Healing Scriptures Here is a link for healing scriptures. Try to say them out loud to the Father before you go to bed and/or when you wake up. Hope it helps :) Praying for you, Handy.

Thank you Caroline...I appreciate this and will commit those promises to memory. I am also going to check into the essential oils link you provided.

Mike, I can understand what you are saying when you speak of your dad's former cigarette smoking, that's he's quit for decades and yet still is having respiratory problems. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but when I was young both mom and dad were heavy smokers and didn't do things like open windows or anything. Now, it's been years and years since I've been around cigarette smoke, but nonetheless I have respiratory problems from back when I was breathing in all the second hand smoke.

I know we have a long thread on cigarette smoking...and y'all know me, I'm big into Christian liberty and I ain't saying that cigarette smoking is sinful....but it sure is unhealthy for one and anyone who might be breathing in one's smoke.

I'm glad you're dad is getting better and will continue to pray for him. At his age, I know that any kind of chronic problem is very concerning!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back