Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My Dad

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

My dad has been diagnosed with 2nd stage kidney disease. While this disease is progressive and will most likely, when reaching it's 3rd stage, require either dialysis or a transplant, his doctors seem to think that at this time they may be able to slow the progression down with medication. The problem is that the medication can exacerbate low blood pressure, something that runs in my family and that Dad struggles with.

Dad is 73, has type 2 diabetes and low blood pressure. He's managed to keep the diabetes under good control and other than these problems, he's always been pretty healthy and as yet, hasn't retired although he doesn't work full time anymore. He is a believer and places his trust in God. I know that he will appreciate any and all prayers.

To tell y'all the truth, I've been pretty shaken up over this. This is exactly what my grandmother, Dad's mother, died of. When her kidney disease progressed to the third stage, she was too old to be able to have a transplant and therefore required dialysis. She did dialysis twice, decided that at 83, it just wasn't worth it and refused any more dialysis. She died within the month. I know that grandma was ready to leave this world and be with the Lord. I also know that when Dad leaves this world, he also will be with the Lord. He is in good spirits, but, I guess I'm just not ready to go down this road yet.

So, if y'all don't mind praying that God will allow me some grace to face this situation and be an encouragment rather than drag to Dad during this, I'd appreciate it so much.

By the way, his name is Bob.

handy,
I will keep your dad and you in my prayers. May God's peace prevail throughout this time, and may God touch your father with his healing touch.

God Bless you and your father,
Michael

I'm keeping you, your dad & family in my thoughts & prayers for Gods' healing touch for your dad & also that Dr.s are able to get this under control. I pray that God is a source of comfort for you- may He reach out to you through His understanding Love!! He knows & hears your prayers. I'm so glad that your dad is upbeat about this, it so helps to have a positive attitude through things like this, that sometimes helps with the healing process.

Rosalee Decker
"Raise me up Lord to be more than I can be."

Hi Handy,

I will put Bob, your dad, on our prayer list at church, so we may pray over him in corporate intercession.

Thanks so much! I just talked with Dad and the medication that they are giving him doesn't seem to be helping any. The pain is a problem, he cannot sit down for very long at all, and he is unable to sleep properly. So, if you can pray for these things this would be great.

Handy,

I am so sorry about his pain. We will keep praying for him. The Lord bless you and your family.

I pray that God will ease his pain & comfort him. Keeping all of you in my thoughts & prayers.

Rosalee Decker
Raise me up Lord to be more than I can be!

Hi handy,

So sorry to here about your Dad, I pray that the Lord stays close to him and comforts his body and soul.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragment. They've meant a lot to me, and I wanted to give you all an update, God is indeed answering our prayers.

They put Dad on a different medication and it's working much, much better. So much better, he actually went back to work. :-? (I wish he would retire, but he just doesn't want to!) Anyway, this medication is making a real difference and he doesn't have the pain that he was going through. Consequently, he's sleeping much better, and is less depressed and tired.

Thanks again, and I'll keep you all posted!

What wonderful news!!! Thank you God for answering our prayers for this family.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it :-D

Please pray for my other dad, my Father-in-law, John. He contracted pneumonia, and now has serious complications. They have life-flighted him to Boise this evening and asked that family members be there. I'm staying home with the kids and my brother-in-law who is mentally/physically handicapped and has limited understanding, but is quite scared. As are the kids.

I can't tell you all how much it means to me to be able to reach out to you all for prayer at this time. :crying:

I will most definately keep him in my prayers for Gods' Healing. I pray that all goes well tonight & that he recovers soon. Blessings to all of you.

Rosalee Decker

Thanks so much, Vic and Rosalee.

Now that some tests have been done, we've found that Daddy didn't have pneumonia, but rather his heart was congestive and cause a lot of fluid to build up both inside and outside of his lungs. They have given him a medicine that should help the fluid to drain off, and then they will need to do something to get his heart back under control. It looks like he is in for a long recovery time, but as of now, he isn't in immediate danger, like he was last night.

Thanks again for all your prayers, I know that the uplift of his spirits are most likely because of the faithful prayers of friends, and brothers and sisters he doesn't even know, like everyone here.

Handy...

praying for your father-in-law still. I am glad that they have been able to help him. The Lord bless you.

Today was a big day. Daddy underwent a triple by-pass heart surgery. He is doing well and is now resting. He'll spend the next few days in ICU, and then spend about another week in recovery. We're really thankfull that everything went well. There were some problems with bleeding, because they had put him on blood thinners, but that is under control.

I really appreciate all the prayers. We left Daddy with good strong vitals, and he looked really good for just having undergone such a major surgery.

I'll keep everyone posted, Dora.

I also wanted to ask for prayers for my brother-in-law David. He is epilectic, and both physically and mentally handicapped. He is extremely worried about his Daddy, and when he gets stressed like this, he can have seizures. So, if you all can pray for him as well, I know that it will ease his spirit.

Also, I talked with my mom today, and my dad is continuing to do well. He is doing a job in a town about 100 miles from here, and she said he is feeling really good.

Steve's dad is still in ICU. We were hoping that he would be moved to a regular room today, but he still seems to be very exhausted. All his vitals are good, he's just really tired out from all this. Hopefully, he'll be moved to a regular room sometime this weekend.

Thanks again for all your prayers.

Back