Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My Dad

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Dora, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. My mom had to have an emergency bypass a little over 3 years ago and it was such a scary time. I'll never forget how awful she looked after she got out of surgery. She's doing really good now though. She's managed to get through a double bypass and she also appears to have beaten cancer (she was diagnosed Dec. 26th of this past year) after finishing chemo and radiation in May.

God will get your family through this trying time. I never imagined we'd get through all we've been through, but we have.

(((hugs)))

Hello Handy,

Reading through your prayer request, I can relate to what you are currently going through by what my wife and I have just went through ourselves with her Mother, who also had low blood pressure combined with congestive heart failure which led to fluid on her lungs, then internal bleeding etc etc etc. After two months, my wife came to a point where she was able to adhere to her mothers wishes and we took her off her ventilator.

All of this was off the heals of loosing a lamb, the mother of the lamb, then a boy who drowned at a nearby lake that we found floating head down on the ropes. I suppose, Handy, what I’m trying to say is that when life hits you, it seems to hit you from all angles and as your aware, your not alone.

When we had the funeral for my mother in law, it was a celebration filled with hymns and prayers and thanksgiving… it was what my mother in law would have wanted. She worked hard doing the Lords work and left as a great example to many to follow.

I know of your sorrow and of your fears. It’s hard to let go of those that we dearly love and when they are gone, we do miss them for what kind of people would we be if we did not weep over our loved ones? Yes, even Jesus wept and I believe that he continues to for those that he loves when he see’s our sorrows as they sometimes become such a burden for us to bear at times. True, that God will only give us what we can bear, but then again, even Christ was perfected through his sufferings.

My prayer for you and your family would be this,

Dear Lord and gracious savior, please be with Handy and her family as they go through these troubling and difficult times. Lord, let them lean on your grace as they seek your comfort and healing hand in each of their lives. Let them come together as a family, to comfort and be comforted by one another through your mercy and great love.
Thank you Lord for your great mercy and grace and for our lives and the lives of those whom we love and that love us. Thank you for each day, each hour and each breath that we are able to call out your good name, that one day, we will be with you in eternity.
Amen.

I hope that these words find you well, and know that you are in the prayers of many.

Thanks so much for the prayers. Jeff, your post really encouraged me! I truly appreciate it. I wanted to wait a bit today to find out whether or not Daddy was going to be able to come home this week. However, I spoke with my m-i-l and she said that he would be another day or so in the hospital and then be moved to a Rehabilition Center. Hopefully he'll be able to come home early next week. He is doing better, just too soon to be released yet.

My dad continues to do well with the medication he is on.

My family truly appreciates the prayers!

Handy,

As well as the rest of your Christian family, I'll also continue to keep you, your family and your Father in my prayers. May God be with you and guide you.
Take care,
Jeff

A big praise to God today: Daddy's home from the hospital! He was doing so well, they decided he would be better off just coming home. He's still weak, and other than doing the walking and rehabilitation exercises required he is resting, but he's getting a lot stronger. I know this is so much easier on Mom and my brother-in-law. We're all glad that he is home.

I truly do credit all your prayers and support for his quick recovery. It's amazing to think that he underwent a triple by-pass heart surgery only 9 days ago and he's already home. Thank you all again so much.

Back