Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My Mom Had a Stroke

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Vince

My Mom had a stroke today, and the test results won't be complete until tomorrow. All prayer is appreciated.

Oh, man Vince. I'm sorry to hear this. Prayers for her and your family. :pray

What kind of condition is she in? Can she speak? Has she lost movement of any extremities? I'm sure you know the first days to follow are critical, and I pray she has a speedy recovery.

They told me today that my Mom is rapidly recovering use of her right side and has partial speech restoration. It was almost definitely a stroke, and they don't know yet how serous the damage is. She is talking with difficulty but refuses to take a CAT scan as she is claustrophobic.

I will call again this evening, and your continued prayers are appreciated.

That is good news that she's recovering quickly. Continued prayers.

(Most hospitals have access to CAT scans that are open with a top and bottom, as opposed to a tunnel design for patients who can't handle them. Sometimes it takes a little pushing to get them to refer outside the hospital when a patient adamantly will not agree to a tunnel-styled CAT scan or MRI.)

Sorry to hear that Vince I will pray for your mom. My mother had one almost 3 years ago, and I just happened to be there at her house, and was able to call the ambulance, and she has made a full recovery. So ask God to do the same thing that He did for my mom, and I will ask Him also.

Thank you for all the replies and prayer. My nephew just told me that my Mom has deteriorated slightly since yesterday, but she does not have pneumonia or any other infection as they had feared. She has finally agreed to a CAT scan.

I have just been informed that my mother has one or two weeks to live. She has been put on "end of life" care in order to keep her as comfortable as possible.

14 years ago, when I was 36 and mom was 73, she slipped into eternity. She'd had two or three SLIGHT strokes, no big deal, but she was in failing health for nine years. It was tough to watch, when she went, it was a blessing to me - to know her discomfort and pain was gone! She died as my brother and I were walking her to the car one day. She suddenly collapsed - no respiration, no pulse - nothing.

After all that pain and discomfort... God took her like turning off a light switch, she never knew. Just gone.

I pray the same for your Mom. I pray peace for her, and for you.

Oh, Vince.. I’m so sorry to hear this. Do you anywhere near your mother? Will you be able to go to her?

I will keep you in my prayers, my friend.

My mother died peacefully this morning, and I want to thank all of you for your friendship and prayers.

Vince, I'm truly sorry for your loss, but assuming she was a believer, I hope you can rejoice in her reward amidst your pain.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back