Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

my update since I joined this site

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

likegiver

Well its been about almost a week since I have joined this amazing site. But what lead me to join here you may ask. Well since I have been back from Afghanistan I came across some mental issues with my anger outburst towards my family to also having marital and sleep issues in these last few months. But instead of breaking down and losing my mind I seeked the proper treatment and oh yea to throw everything else on top of the issues was my drinking got far progressive to were it controlled my life. But instead of calling it quits I found a church that I may be attending once I get back from visiting home and as well as not been drunk on this first weekend of sobriety. its funny how when all the chips are on the table that god tends to lead you back to the beaten foot path.

Have you and your wife had the discussion about you getting back to attending church? I know you said you expected she would resist, since she doesn't have a faith-based upbringing.

One thing you might consider is getting involved in a small Bible study specifically with men. It can be a great way to study His Word while also discussing how to be a solid man of God as a husband and/or dad. Being in a small group in addition to church kinda forces active participation and holds you accountable to what you say you are going to work on.

They can be great for men at all points of their walks. I'm in one! :thumbsup

I ll be sure to look in on that my friend. But also my wife said she will love to join a church with me so god is moving his way back into this house in a huge impact. :clap

But also my wife said she will love to join a church with me so god is moving his way back into this house in a huge impact. :clap

This is awesome! You know, you could be telling your children and grandchildren one day how your life re-started at this time, and their lives to come were placed in His Hands. (No kids yet, right?) All because you responded when He Called you. Everything changes. He Makes everything new! :yes

You're going to need a lot of support, or this could be a fleeting thing. Put yourself in the company of believers on a regular basis, but not at the sacrifice of your responsibilities at home. Your wife should never feel like she's been left behind. two cents.

I have one child with my wife and she is one lol. But yes a good thing indeed i am excited to see where this will take me in my life in my past life being a christan it was all calm and stress free until the world just overcame me with its greed and hidden images of this is what youll like but instead it brought nothing but sorrow and misery and stress into my life. :salute

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back