Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mysticism Infiltrating the Church(es) ....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We should not speak evil of anyone,however we should point out if someone steps out of biblical truth. If any christian in this world would be my hero, it would be Billy Graham, however he said a couple of things not long ago that he should not have said because they contradict the bible. I still think BG is a great man in the Lord, but now I see him as a great man in the Lord who said a couple of dumb things. My point is that we can be respectful and still point out something that contradicts the word of God.

We should not speak evil of anyone,however we should point out if someone steps out of biblical truth. If any christian in this world would be my hero, it would be Billy Graham, however he said a couple of things not long ago that he should not have said because they contradict the bible. I still think BG is a great man in the Lord, but now I see him as a great man in the Lord who said a couple of dumb things. My point is that we can be respectful and still point out something that contradicts the word of God.

Yes, yet, I rarely see respect in forums. All I see are catcalls and denouncements.

And if a person is well into mysticism, they are not under any anointing of God, are they? They need to be avoided, as all evil needs to be avoided.
You are begging the question by presuming a definition of mysticism and then concluding someone into mysticism isn't "under any anointing of God."

I think there are some people in this topic who are off the track.Doesnt Gods word command us to test the spirits doesnt satan come as an angel of light and his ministers are ministers of righteousness. Satan doesnt stand infront of us with a pitch fork and horns he counterfeits he is in the pulpit. If people cant recognise false shepherds how are they going to recognise the Anti Christ they wont because they reject the truth they will follow him. Sick sheep follow sick shepherds.Jesus said my sheep hear my voice and follow me they wont follow another.Mysticism is already in the church system.Gods allowed this judgement because the watchmen are like dumb dogs they dont bark they are lazy and are in need of nothing. Darkness covers the earth and gross darkness the people.

Dobro, alabaster, etc.

Do you believe that it is possible to have a relationship with God or Jesus Christ? According to the Bible, they are in a different realm than we are, a supernatural realm. We are physical and in a physical realm. Atheists believe that the supernatural realm does not exist. And therefore any apparent relationship with that realm is simply something of the human imagination. If you believe in the supernatural realm and that it is possible to have a relationship with someone in that realm, how do we go about having such a relationship?

JamesG

Dobro, alabaster, etc.

Do you believe that it is possible to have a relationship with God or Jesus Christ? According to the Bible, they are in a different realm than we are, a supernatural realm. We are physical and in a physical realm. Atheists believe that the supernatural realm does not exist. And therefore any apparent relationship with that realm is simply something of the human imagination. If you believe in the supernatural realm and that it is possible to have a relationship with someone in that realm, how do we go about having such a relationship?

JamesG

When we receive Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour, repent of our sins and receive His great forgiveness, we have entered into an intimate relationship with the God of the universe. He becomes our Father and we become His sons and daughters. Jesus Christ by His Spirit moves in and lives in our now alive spirits.

We enter the supernatural realm every day all day when we pray and when we allow the Lord to work in and through us, and even when we aren't aware of it, He is using us and bringing the supernatural into the natural. Every time God answers prayer, He is moving from the supernatural to the natural on our behalf.

Alabaster

A very good answer. Now, if you agree to add to that a desire to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, to grow in grace and in the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ, and to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then you will have revealed yourself to be a Christian Mystic. But if you say these things are not your desire, then you will have revealed yourself to only be a religious person with a few doctrines that have been culled from the Bible without any expression of reality.

JamesG

Alabaster

A very good answer. Now, if you agree to add to that a desire to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, to grow in grace and in the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ, and to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then you will have revealed yourself to be a Christian Mystic. But if you say these things are not your desire, then you will have revealed yourself to only be a religious person with a few doctrines that have been culled from the Bible without any expression of reality.

JamesG

All I will say to that is no, you are wrong, seeking to label people with monikers that bear an unholy connection.

I am a daughter of the King, desiring to grow up to be like my Daddy. Completely NATURAL.

As far as being religious, I am no such thing.

Alabaster

You only answered half of the post.

Do you desire to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, to grow in grace and in the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ, and to be transformed by the renewing of your mind?

JamesG

Alabaster

You only answered half of the post.

Do you desire to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, to grow in grace and in the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ, and to be transformed by the renewing of your mind?

JamesG

I answered that. It is my destiny in Christ.

:topictotopic This thread is not about Rick Warren.
Agreed... nor is this thread about anything else than it's namesake. :grumpy

If anyone wants to start a thread on the dangers of seeker friendly churches and those who run them, go for it!

Alabaster

It is unclear to me. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and take it as a yes. Correct me if I am wrong.

Vic

I like your new Avatar. Fighting against evil I presume.

vja4Him

In answer to your question, there is nothing wrong with Mysticism per se. It all depends upon the source. The source we desire is Jesus Christ through the Spirit of God. Any other source is undesirable, whether that source be Satan or man.

JamesG

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back