Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Name a remarkable (possibly once in a lifetime) )moment in your life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A few years back,when I was driving to work early in the morning,I scene a meteor falling from space.The meteor looked like a ball of hot lava with a tail of fire trailing behind it,I was like,what the?????.In the next couple of seconds there was a gigantic flash,and it was total daylight for a split second at 4:30 AM.I thought,well,this is it!!!.Later in the day I learned on the news that meteor had broken up over an area east of my location in Pennsylvania.Thats mine.

I was about 22 years old and driving my motorcycle to work one foggy morning. The fog was rather dense and I was driving about 60mph. I know I should have been using a little more sense than that but you know how we are when we're young, thinking we're invincible. Anyway, as I was driving along somewhat daydreaming, I realized I had just gone past a sign indicating a left curve in the road.

I've never been one to panic in emergency situations but it always amazes me how fast my mind can process information in an emergency. I remembered that the curve sign was located rather close to the curve and since I was already driven past it, I had little time for reaction so I immediately throttled down and began to apply my brakes. There was also a gravel road that that approached that curve from the right and knowing that it would mean loose gravel on the pavement, I realized attempting that turn at high speed and applying brakes was a recipe for disaster, so I chose the next available option - to take the ditch. I'm guessing I was still moving around 50mph or so.

To my amazement I rode that bike through the ditch and back up onto the pavement before coming to a stop. After sitting on the ground in disbelief to calm my nerves for what seemed like about 20 minutes, although in reality was probable just a couple minutes, I walked back and found two skid marks in the ditch about one wheelbase apart. I had ridden the bike sideways through that ditch! I didn't even know I had that much talent.

It was fortunate that because of that gravel road, the trees were cut back far enough to give me the room I needed but had I hit a rock, a clump of grass, or soft ground I most certainly would have been catapulted off my bike into the trees and things could have been much worse. I learned to be a little more cautious after that.

I was about 22 years old and driving my motorcycle to work one foggy morning. The fog was rather dense and I was driving about 60mph. I know I should have been using a little more sense than that but you know how we are when we're young, thinking we're invincible. Anyway, as I was driving along somewhat daydreaming, I realized I had just gone past a sign indicating a left curve in the road.

I've never been one to panic in emergency situations but it always amazes me how fast my mind can process information in an emergency. I remembered that the curve sign was located rather close to the curve and since I was already driven past it, I had little time for reaction so I immediately throttled down and began to apply my brakes. There was also a gravel road that that approached that curve from the right and knowing that it would mean loose gravel on the pavement, I realized attempting that turn at high speed and applying brakes was a recipe for disaster, so I chose the next available option - to take the ditch. I'm guessing I was still moving around 50mph or so.

To my amazement I rode that bike through the ditch and back up onto the pavement before coming to a stop. After sitting on the ground in disbelief to calm my nerves for what seemed like about 20 minutes, although in reality was probable just a couple minutes, I walked back and found two skid marks in the ditch about one wheelbase apart. I had ridden the bike sideways through that ditch! I didn't even know I had that much talent.

It was fortunate that because of that gravel road, the trees were cut back far enough to give me the room I needed but had I hit a rock, a clump of grass, or soft ground I most certainly would have been catapulted off my bike into the trees and things could have been much worse. I learned to be a little more cautious after that.
Your lucky you came out the other on that one.When I think back on the dumb things I done when I was younger,on purpose or not,Whew!,it gives me the creeps.

The Ohio Resistance.

When I was a kid there was a fifty foot wall beside our house from when they dug for coal back in the day, but never filled in the hole. I actually climbed up that wall of shell without any one knowing I did. As I climbed that wall the shell kept breaking off and the most scariest and stupid thing I ever did.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back