Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Naomi Wolf: Baby Deaths Skyrocketing Among Vaccinated Mothers

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It seems pretty clear that the virus was first transmitted from bats to humans in a mine. The samples taken from the miners were taken to the lab at Wuhan, from which it seems the virus escaped and infected local people. That's what the evidence indicates at this point.
From the nypost article https://nypost.com/2020/08/15/covid-19-first-appeared-in-chinese-miners-in-2012-scientists/

"The doctor also sent sample tissues from the miners to the Wuhan lab, a focal point of coronavirus research in China. There, scientists found the source of infection was a SARS-like coronavirus from a Chinese rufous horseshoe bat, according to the thesis.

Latham and Wilson believe the virus — once inside the miners — “evolved” into SARS CoV-2, “an unusually pathogenic coronavirus highly adapted to humans,” and the samples somehow escaped from the lab last year, launching what has morphed into the coronavirus pandemic."

According to a translated thesis , ok so far .
Miners or a single miner the virus evolved in ? See my next link quote .
Escaped from a lab that does gain of function research and quote “an unusually pathogenic coronavirus highly adapted to humans,” Pretty amazing , that would happen:chin .

The Mojiang Miners Passage Theory and The Lab Origin Question

Quote from this article .
This is the idea that one or more bat coronaviruses evolved inside the body of one hospitalised miner into SARS-CoV-2 (or a very similar virus). Our theory requires that perhaps many hundreds of mutations (and by implication several decades of virus evolution) could have occurred in 6 months inside one body. To many, this seems far-fetched. Yet, in this talk, I point out how a number of recent studies have found that viruses within single individuals who have compromised immune systems and long term infections (and therefore are very much like the miners) can undergo startling evolutionary leaps.

I wonder where people get the idea that their theory could be far fetched ?

The virus killed three miners and made three others seriously ill. Apparently, one miner's samples were taken to the Wuhan lab. The issue is that the virus that killed the miners was more virulent and less infectious than typical of COVID-19. The controversy is that either this was not the virus that later caused the infections in the Wuhan market, or it somehow became less dangerous in the lab.

Obviously, COVID-19 does not normally kill half the people it infects, and it seems no one but the miners were infected at first. Hence more virulent and less infectious than COVID-19.

Early last year, chiropterologists found that COVID-19-like viruses are found in bats over wide areas of Southeast Asia.
Scientists say coronaviruses related to Sars-CoV-2 may be circulating in bats across many parts of Asia.
They have discovered a virus that is a close match to the virus that causes Covid-19 in bats at a wildlife sanctuary in eastern Thailand.
And they predict that similar coronaviruses may be present in bats across many Asian nations and regions.
The discovery extends the area in which related viruses have been found to a distance of 4,800km (2,983 miles).
And it gives clues to how Covid-19 might have emerged.
The researchers said sampling was limited, but they were confident that coronaviruses "with a high degree of genetic relatedness to Sars-CoV-2 are widely present in bats across many nations and regions in Asia".

The evidence shows that the first COVID-19 infections happened to a group of miners not far from Wuhan. The virus wasn't modified by a lab, but the samples from the miners were sent to a lab in Wuhan, and ...

The coronavirus may not have originated at a Wuhan wet market last year but 1,000 miles away in 2012 — deep in a Chinese mineshaft where workers came down with a mysterious, pneumonia-like illness after being exposed to bats.

Virologist Jonathan Latham and molecular biologist Allison Wilson, both of the non-profit Bioscience Resource Project in Ithaca, arrived at their finding after translating a 66-page master’s thesis from the Chinese medical doctor who treated the miners and sent their tissue samples to the Wuhan Institute of Virology for testing.

“The evidence it contains has led us to reconsider everything we thought we knew about the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic,” Latham and Wilson wrote in an article published July 15 on their website, “Independent Science News.”

Latham told The Post that the coronavirus “almost certainly escaped” from the Wuhan lab.

Not as dramatic as the stories would have it. But it makes more sense.
The above is very feasible.

But then I'd have to ask why scientists did not understand the virus if they had it in their possession
for about 8 years before it broke out in Wuhan.

Had they tried its effects on animals?
Were they so ignorant of the new virus that they were terrified when it escaped?
I remember the streets of Wuhan being sanitized---it was a horrifying scene.
Would this have taken place if they knew what the virus could do?

Maybe there was so mush turmoil because they:

1. Did not know its effects.
2. Had changed it somehow and were fearful of its effects.

And thus the suspension of life in general...flights, stores, services, lock-downs, etc.

The above is very feasible.

But then I'd have to ask why scientists did not understand the virus if they had it in their possession
for about 8 years before it broke out in Wuhan.

Had they tried its effects on animals?
Were they so ignorant of the new virus that they were terrified when it escaped?
I remember the streets of Wuhan being sanitized---it was a horrifying scene.
Would this have taken place if they knew what the virus could do?

Maybe there was so mush turmoil because they:

1. Did not know its effects.
2. Had changed it somehow and were fearful of its effects.

And thus the suspension of life in general...flights, stores, services, lock-downs, etc.
China is very closed about things that they think might embarrass the regime. So hard to say what they were thinking. I suspect that the virus, after a few human passages, mutated a lot, and became something at once less lethal and more infectious.

China is very closed about things that they think might embarrass the regime. So hard to say what they were thinking. I suspect that the virus, after a few human passages, mutated a lot, and became something at once less lethal and more infectious.
All true.
Some are still so afraid of it.

You could hardly be more wrong. I work in medical research and started getting suspicious when the narrative didn’t match known basic medical science. (It’s not a new virus, for example. The corona family of viruses is known.)
ever heard of Godwin's Law? It states that the longer a conversation continues, the more likely someone is to mention Hitler or the Nazis. Yep, I was waiting for this.

That's ridiculous. That's like if we found a new animal species (which happens often, and in fossils), and someone said "That's not a new species, we've known about its family for years now!"

Anti-vaccine propaganda is something I have firsthand experience with in my family, and it is very similar to other types of propaganda such as anti evolution. So it is easy for me to see through it. Unsurprising, you are a scientist but not in a relevant field. Thus your experience is no more relevant than is a NT scholar to the Hebrew Bible.
Tell me this: why do you think I am pro-vaccine?
And what kind of scientist are you?

The harmless disease to humans was genetically mutated by scientists in a lab for the purpose of making it deadly to human beings.

This is accomplished by “chain of function” reasearch, to which Anthony Fauci has openly admitted.

This is old news.

Here is one of many current articles about this.

https://usrtk.org/biohazards/origin-of-sars-cov-2-gain-of-function-readings/

The US funded such activities.

Other articles —

Here is a reading list about what is known and not known about the origins of SARS-CoV-2, accidents and leaks at biosafety and biowarfare laboratories, and the health risks of gain-of-function (GOF) research, which aims to increase the host range, transmissibility, infectivity or pathogenicity of potential pandemic pathogens. For more information about the U.S. Right to Know investigation into these topics, see our biohazards page. Please sign up for our newsletter for updates.

This reading list is a work in progress. We will update it. Please send readings we may have missed to Gary Ruskin at gary@usrtk.org.

Topics (drop links)
Most recent articles

What are the origins of SARS-CoV-2?
Transparency failures and the suppression of evidence regarding COVID-19
Accidents, leaks, transparency failures in biosafety facilities
Networks of biodefense and biowarfare
Debates on gain-of-function research
Scientific papers on the origins of SARS-CoV-2
Investigative blog articles on the origins of SARS-CoV-2

Most recent articles​

Forbes. The US Is Funding a Massive Virus Hunt That Might Cause Another Pandemic. Great Idea! By Steven Salzberg. July 5, 2022.

The Intercept. Infection of Wildlife Biologist Highlights Risks of Virus Hunting. By Sharon Lerner. July 2, 2022.

Associated Press. WHO: COVID origins unclear but lab leak theory needs study. By Maria Cheng and Jamey Keaten. June 9, 2022.

World Health Organization, Scientific Advisory Group for the Origins of Novel Pathogens (SAGO). Preliminary Report of the SAGO. June 9, 2022

Project Syndicate. Did US Biotechnology Help to Create COVID-19? By Neil L. Harrison and Jeffrey D. Sachs. May 27, 2022.

Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. A call for an independent inquiry into the origin of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. By Neil L. Harrison and Jeffrey D. Sachs. May 19, 2022.

Vox. Can we stop the next pandemic by seeking out deadly viruses in the wild? By Kelsey Piper. May 7, 2022.

Washington Post. As the pandemic exploded, a researcher saw the danger. China’s leaders kept silent. April 22, 2022.

Vanity Fair. “This Shouldn’t Happen”: Inside the Virus-Hunting Nonprofit at the Center of the Lab-Leak Controversy. By Kathleen Eban. March 31, 2022.

City Journal. Journalists, or PR Agents? Why science reporters don’t report fairly on the origins of Covid-19. By Nicholas Wade, March 20, 2022.

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. The origins of SARS-CoV-2: still to be determined. By Laura H. Kahn. March 10, 2022.

Science Insider. Spurred by pandemic, U.S. government will revisit federal policies on risky virus research. By Jocelyn Kaiser. March 1, 2022.

Nature
. Wuhan market was epicentre of pandemic’s start, studies suggest. By Amy Maxmen. February 27, 2022.

MIT Technology Review. Meet the scientist at the center of the covid lab leak controversy. By Jane Qiu. February 9, 2022.

City Journal.
A Covid Origin Conspiracy? By Nicholas Wade, January 23, 2022.

The Intercept.
The virus hunters: how pursuit of unknown viruses risks triggering the next pandemic. By Sharon Lerner. December 28, 2021.

London Review of Books. Lab Leaks. By Alex de Waal. December 2, 2021.

U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Energy and Commerce, minority letter to the National Academy of Medicine regarding EcoHealth Alliance President Peter Daszak. November 30, 2021.

New York Times. You Should Be Afraid of the Next ‘Lab Leak.’ By Jon Gertner. November 23, 2021.

What are the origins of SARS-CoV-2?​

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. The origin of COVID: Did people or nature open Pandora’s box at Wuhan? Nicholas Wade. May 5, 2021.

Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. To stop the next pandemic, we need to unravel the origins of COVID-19. David A. Relman. November 3, 2020.

New York Times. Where Did the Coronavirus Come From? What We Already Know Is Troubling. Zeynep Tufekci. June 25, 2021.

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. How COVID-19’s origins were obscured, by the East and the West. By Nicholas Wade. August 17, 2021.

Vanity Fair. The Lab-Leak Theory: Inside the Fight to Uncover COVID-19’s Origins. Katherine Eban. June 3, 2021.

The Intercept. Leaked Grant Proposal Details High-Risk Coronavirus Research. By Sharon Lerner and Maia Hibbett. September 23, 2021.

The Intercept. New Details Emerge About Coronavirus Research at Chinese Lab. By Sharon Lerner and Mara Hvistendahl. September 6, 2021.

The Intercept. NIH Documents Provide New Evidence U.S. Funded Gain-of-Function Research in Wuhan. By Sharon Lerner, Mara Hvistendahl and Maia Hibbett. September 9, 2021.

The Intercept. EcoHealth Alliance conducted risky Experiments on MERS virus in China. By Sharon Lerner and Maia Hibbett. October 21, 2021.

The Intercept. NIH officials worked with EcoHealth Alliance to evade restrictions on coronavirus experiments. By Sharon Lerner and Mara Hvistendahl. November 3, 2021.

Medium. New Routes to Making Covid-19 in the Lab. By Nicholas Wade. September 23, 2021.

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. Did the SARS-CoV-2 virus arise from a bat coronavirus research program in a Chinese laboratory? Very possibly. Milton Leitenberg. June 4, 2020.

USA Today. Could an accident have caused COVID-19? Why the Wuhan lab-leak theory shouldn’t be dismissed. Alison Young. March 22, 2021.

Science. Investigate the Origins of COVID-19. Jesse Bloom et al. May 14, 2021. DOI: 10.1126/science.abj0016

BMJ. The covid-19 lab leak hypothesis: did the media fall victim to a misinformation campaign? Paul Thacker. July 8, 2021.

BMJ. Covid 19: We need a full open independent investigation into its origins. Fiona Godlee. July 8, 2021.

There is probably just as much misinformation here as information

In the end, we ought to carefully consider whether we should comply with governmental instructions since the reasons they give for doing so aren’t true.

What should we do? What fits with science. Keep Vit D levels up. Keep Vit C up. Eat healthy. Exercise. Do not wear a mask unless absolutely required. Every month you protect yourself from all microorganisms you weaken your immune system. So meet people, breathe in their germs. Do what you know to
do to keep your body fit, ask God what to do and DO NOT FEAR.

The harmless disease to humans
Killed three of the six Chinese miners who first caught the virus in a bat-infested mine. It apparently escaped the Wuhan lab, but in a form less virulent and more infectious. Which is the trajectory we have seen for COVID-19 variants so far. They don't kill as many people, but they infect more people.
was genetically mutated by scientists in a lab for the purpose of making it deadly to human beings.
No, that's not credible. It's the exact opposite of what you'd want for a biological agent. A good bioweapon takes down just about everyone (incapacitating them, not necessarily killing them) in a very short time, after which it goes away. I don't find any evidence where even a large minority of exposed people were hospitalized or killed in any human population. So no.

This is accomplished by “chain of function” reasearch, to which Anthony Fauci has openly admitted.
That would be odd. Statement with checkable source? I couldn't find one. It's odd, since "gain of function" (I assume that's what you meant) would make it more virulent, not less.

This site has promoted hoaxes before. I'm looking at the literature on science databases, and the research doesn't support their claims.

From your link:
SARS-CoV-2 is a betacoronavirus whose apparent closest relatives, RaTG13 and RmYN02, are reported to have been collected from bats in 2013 and 2019, respectively, in Yunnan Province, China (1). COVID-19 was first reported in December 2019 more than 1,000 miles away in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. Beyond these facts, the “origin story” is missing many key details, including a plausible and suitably detailed recent evolutionary history of the virus, the identity and provenance of its most recent ancestors, and surprisingly, the place, time, and mechanism of transmission of the first human infection.

Which is pretty much what CDC, immunologists, virologists, and others have been saying all along. I know you can't read every article you cite here, but this was the first one I clicked.

Killed three of the six Chinese miners who first caught the virus in a bat-infested mine. It apparently escaped the Wuhan lab, but in a form less virulent and more infectious. Which is the trajectory we have seen for COVID-19 variants so far. They don't kill as many people, but they infect more people.

The Covid 19 Virus was created, developed and produced in the Wuhan Virology Lab for the purpose reducing the world population and enriching the Global Elite, to bring about their Agenda; Agenda 21

This Agenda calls for the significant reduction in the world’s population and bringing the United States to its knees under the control of the United Nations, and it’s Antichrist Agenda. PERIOD!

In the words of those at the WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM —

“Covid has been one of the most profitable products ever”

A “product” is something that is produced!

JLB

The Covid 19 Virus was created, developed and produced in the Wuhan Virology Lab for the purpose reducing the world population and enriching the Global Elite, to bring about their Agenda; Agenda 21
If so, they did a horrible job of it. The virus is exactly what you wouldn't want for such a purpose. You want something that effectively kills off a large portion of the population quickly. Even in the U.S., where the initial response to the pandemic was badly botched, the virus killed about three-tenths of a percent of Americans. That's just not going to do it. In fact, our population grew during the pandemic. Not by much, but if they were trying to kill us off, they lost ground during the last few years.

This Agenda calls for the significant reduction in the world’s population and bringing the United States to its knees under the control of the United Nations, and it’s Antichrist Agenda. PERIOD!
I know people want to think so, but there's that evidence problem.

Checkable link for that one? Can't seem to find it. You're claiming that is a statement by the forum, or just something someone said at the forum? Or did they just say something like it?
Show us a link to a checkable source.

And despite the large sums of money they are likely to bring in, the Covid vaccines are simply not a game changer for many of the big drug companies.

Pfizer, for one, expects 2021 revenue of between $44 billion and $46 billion, with profits of at least $14 billion, not counting any spike in revenue from its Covid vaccine. (Its revenues in in 2020 totaled $41.9 billion.) Pfizer and the other Big Pharma companies also have seen their share prices trail the gains in the S&P 500 over the course of the last 12 months.

One exception is Moderna, a relatively new pharmaceutical company which had no approved products for sale as recently as 2019. The drug maker had only $60 million in revenue that year, but took in $529 million in grant revenue and $200 million from early sales of its vaccine in 2020. The forecast for 2021 is for revenue of $16 billion, overwhelmingly from vaccine sales. Moderna shares are up 187% over the last 12 months.

The real profit is in long-term potential, like the influenza immuniation, or MMR vaccines for kids. If COVID-19 follows the trajectory we saw with influenza, there's a market for it for many years to come. Obviously, the more people in the world, the bigger the market. So for the vaccine companies, a growing world population is a money-maker.

So it's an opinion from the executive director of Oxfam, a coalition of charitable organizations, who are skeptical of classic capitalism:

The Make Trade Fair campaign organized by Oxfam International focuses on the elimination of trade practices, like dumping, which occurs when highly subsidized, surplus commodities from developed countries such as rice, cotton, corn, and sugar are sold at low prices and farmers from poor countries have difficulty competing.[23] Another practice Oxfams opposes is the setting of tariffs, where nations enforce high taxes on imported goods, restricting the sales of products from other nations,[24] unbalanced labour rights for women, who often earn lower wages than their male counterparts,[25] and stringent patent issues that prevent the prices of medication, software, and textbooks (e.g. gene patents, chemical patents, and software patents) from being lowered. Thus, such essential goods are often inaccessible to developing nations.[26]

Pfizer, for example, had profits up about 4.5% last year, which is decent, but not a windfall.

Most people are unaware that one of the greatest threats to their freedom may be a United Nations program which plans to depopulate 95% of the world.

The name of this plan is Agenda 21, and it was developed by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Division for Sustainable Development, as part of a sustainability policy.

According to the United Nations website, Agenda 21 is a “comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations system, government, and major groups, in every area in which humans have impact on the environment”.

In a nutshell, the plan calls for governments to take control of all land use and not leave any of the decision making in the hands of private property owners.

It is assumed that people are not good stewards of their land and the government will do a better job if they are in control.

Individual rights in general are to give way to the needs of communities as determined by the governing body.

Moreover, people should be rounded up off the land and packed into human settlements, or islands of human habitation, close to employment centers and transportation. Another program, called the Wildlands Project spells out how most of the land is to be set aside for non-humans.

Agenda 21 policies date back to the 1970’s but it got its real start in 1992 at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro when President Bush signed onto it. President Clinton signed it later and continued the program in the United States.

Agenda 21 is ‘soft-law’ and did not have to be voted on by the Congress. A non-governmental organization called the International Council of Local Environmental Initiatives, ICLEI, is tasked with carrying out the goals of Agenda 21.

Over 600 cities in the U.S. are members, and that number is growing. The costs are paid by taxpayers.

To read the full document click here. Watch the short video below to learn more on Agenda 21, in under 5 minutes.

JLB

JLB
Not convinced about the Antichrist bit but the rest matches government choices. I think the gender crises also fits this goal. Tell the young they can be the other sex with help which renders completely sterile for life. The virus jab push required many young people to also render themselves unable to successfully have offspring for different reasons. All fits.

A good friend just saw that Pfizer is offering a marketing job to convince people to take more jabs, their product.

Back