Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Narrow Gate is Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14 because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Mat 7:21 not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 and then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Wide is the gate that leads to destruction means many say they are a Christian by lip service, but have never really asked Jesus into their hearts by making confession with their mouth and belief in their heart, Romans 10:9, 10 Many just jumped in to works instead and glorify themselves within their works and give no glory to God, sort of like the Pharisees as we can see in Matthew Chapter 23 where Jesus characterizes the Pharisees and then condemns them.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior;

Titus 3:7 that being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Ephesians 2:8, 9 it's not by our works or good deeds that save us, because we are all sinners, it is by Gods grace and mercy that forgives our sins and washes us clean by the atoning blood of the Lamb (Jesus). Those of self works only are the ones Jesus says he never knew.

Jesus is the gate, John 14:6 Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. These are those who have given themselves to the Lord and His Spirit lives in them and works through them as there are not many, but how can one actually define how many when Jesus says we will know them by their fruits. Have we all not seen those who claim to be of God, but their fruits do not show it!

How narrow is the gate that leads to life, as narrow as the wide gate is wide that leads to destruction.

Good thread for_His_ glory. I have always wondered if Christians really know just how narrow that gate is, and narrow the road is as well. Most Christians really want a wide gate and a wide road to travel on. Sad but true. They'll be surprised when they hear, NO ENTRANCE!! :eek2

The Way Of The Spirit
Focus: The Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
Object Of Faith: The Cross of Christ (Romans 6:1-14)
Power Source: The Holy Spirit (Romans 8:1-2, 11)
Results: Victory (Romans 6:14)

Man's Way
Focus: Works.
Object Of Faith: Performance.
Power Source: Self.
Results: Defeat!

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

1. Jesus Christ is the source of all blessings.
2. The Cross is the means by which all blessings are given.
3. The object of our faith must be Christ and the Cross.
4. That being done, the Holy Spirit will greatly help us.

Pastor Jimmy Swaggart

We just need to realize Jesus is the gate and His words are our path as we travel through this life. Self is a road full of destruction that will surprise you in the end.

Jesus warns us that there will be massive religious deception in His Name. Many Churches are bringing the world into the Church. When King David had his men set the "Ark of God" upon a new cart, God was displeased. David used the same method the Philistines used of transporting the "Ark of God (David borrowed an idea from the Philistines)." The Philistines represent the world. God smote Uzzah. 2 Sam. 6

What is meant by the deeds of the flesh? It means everything that is wrong; the good and the bad, i.e., sin. Paul said, "Which was good deceived me." (Romans 7:11)

No longer halt between two opinions. God demands that everything must be done by the Spirit and not of the flesh. Anything and everything that is borrowed from the world is a new cart.

Remember, If it doesn't Glorify God, it must be casted out. CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON,...Galatians 4:30

Return to the "Old Paths." Jeremiah 6:16 NKJV

Last edited:
They put blinders on horses to keep their path straight and we need to put on Spiritual blinders to keep our path straight to guard us from worldly things.

How narrow is the gate that leads to life, as narrow as the wide gate is wide that leads to destruction.
Good thread for_His_ glory. I have always wondered if Christians really know just how narrow that gate is, and narrow the road is as well. Most Christians really want a wide gate and a wide road to travel on. Sad but true. They'll be surprised when they hear, NO ENTRANCE!! :eek2

I myself wondered the same thing Brother. So I looked it up and was mighty surprised. The term narrow as used in Matthew 7 takes us back to the Greek word thilbo, (G2346) which essentially means, to suffer tribulation.

θλίβω thlíbō, thlee'-bo; akin to the base of G5147; to crowd (literally or figuratively):—afflict, narrow, throng, suffer tribulation, trouble.

Kind of blows the prosperity gospel out of the water I think. So many times I hear new Christians complaining that they have troubles and why would God do this to me (or allow it to happen)? And right here is their answer. We must learn to be content and lay everything in the Lords lap as it happens. Scripture does say that the world will turn against us when we go to Him. So having troubles is pretty much proof that one is on the right track, lol...

They put blinders on horses to keep their path straight and we need to put on Spiritual blinders to keep our path straight to guard us from worldly things.

O my dear Spiritual Sister. That is sooo true!! Back in the day (70s) there were quite a few Holiness Preachers who were Spirit led, that preached/taught on the very words of your reply. Wow, could they shake the rafters with their powerful, pulpit pounding, Spirit filled thunder, and....Isaiah 58:1 "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression."

I don't hear that type of preaching these day in our local Churches. Back then? I've seen young people really get fired up to serve our Lord Jesus Christ in various fields of service. Those young folk had their entire lives changed by the power of the Holy Spirit and those Spirit filled Preachers back yonder like Reba's Spirit filled Dad. A real Man of God!!

Chopper my dear friend and brother in the Lord, Many have quenched the Spirit of God, 1Thessalonians 5:16-22, and have taken up doctrines of devils. Let's make some noise church :woot2 :sohappyand bring the Spirit of God back to His true Church

Absolutely Papa Zoom. We are only deceived when we take our focus of of the which we have heard in all truths.
Galatians 3:
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

I myself wondered the same thing Brother. So I looked it up and was mighty surprised. The term narrow as used in Matthew 7 takes us back to the Greek word thilbo, (G2346) which essentially means, to suffer tribulation.

θλίβω thlíbō, thlee'-bo; akin to the base of G5147; to crowd (literally or figuratively):—afflict, narrow, throng, suffer tribulation, trouble.

Kind of blows the prosperity gospel out of the water I think. So many times I hear new Christians complaining that they have troubles and why would God do this to me (or allow it to happen)? And right here is their answer. We must learn to be content and lay everything in the Lords lap as it happens. Scripture does say that the world will turn against us when we go to Him. So having troubles is pretty much proof that one is on the right track, lol...

O my wonderful Spiritual Friend and Brother. You just hit a "Chopper Home Run" with that reply. I didn't know about the Greek meaning of the word "narrow". Always going to look it up someday, hmm, never got around to it. NOW I know, thanks to you, Edward, favored one of Jesus.

I Love You,
Chopper :hug

Why God allows us to go through trials and tribulations:
1. Training as God prepares us for the future
2. Patience as we rely and trust in God's timing
3. Perseverance through trials that we remain in Gods will
4. Trust as God's ways are not our ways and He has a better plan for us
5. To learn from out mistakes
6. To humble ourselves before Him
7. To discipline us
8. Teach us to be dependent on Him alone
9. To spend quiet time with God so He can speak to us
10. To teach us of His protection
11. That we also share in the sufferings of Christ that we be not ashamed
12. Strengthen us to become more like Christ
13. To develop character
14. Build up our faith in the Lord
15. For a testimony and witness to help others
16. To show us sin in our lives that we need to own up to having
17. To remind us that God is in control
18. Helps us gain knowledge and understanding God's word
19. Teaches us to be thankful
20. To take our mind off the things of the world and and put them back on God

Chopper my dear friend and brother in the Lord, Many have quenched the Spirit of God, 1Thessalonians 5:16-22, and have taken up doctrines of devils. Let's make some noise church :woot2 :sohappyand bring the Spirit of God back to His true Church

I'll tell you the quickest way to set your preacher on fire for that "Old Time Holy Ghost shake the rafters preaching". Get a half a dozen of your friends to listen carefully to what your preacher is saying, and when he hits on an "Amen Word", like you said, "make some noise"!! With 7 good folk shouting AMEN or PREACH IT or PARK THERE PREACHER. When 7 folk encouraging the preacher with shouts like that, #1 will fire up your Preacher and you'll build a new Preacher and fill the Church building with a bigger crowd, so get ready!!

#2 Others will join your 7 "cheer leaders" and pretty soon, a bunch of cheer leaders will emerge and your Pastor will be sooo excited to preach, he'll forget what time it is, and you'll throw away that stupid clock on the back wall, tell him to preach until the Holy Spirit tells him to stop. Revival? O yes! Revival could spread just from one Church, YOURS!!!!

I may start doing that Chopper! My wife will elbow me for it but so what.

Go for it Papa!! Since I retired from Pastoral duties in Baptist Churches, the two Churches I have attend, I do exactly what I posted. The Church that I'm attending now, the Pastor looks to me to be his "Cheer Leader", he loves it and gradually, others are catching on that it fires up the Preacher.

Go for it Papa!! Since I retired from Pastoral duties in Baptist Churches, the two Churches I have attend, I do exactly what I posted. The Church that I'm attending now, the Pastor looks to me to be his "Cheer Leader", he loves it and gradually, others are catching on that it fires up the Preacher.
The added plus is you'll have to pay close attention to catch those "amen brother" moments. I usually take notes to keep my focus.

I take notes just like you do. I hang on my Pastor' every word. He's a great "whole counsel of God" Preacher. Has to preach three services in this "Country Church" at Old Swanzey Road, Spofford, New Hampshire. There's about 600 country folk that attend this wonderful Fellowship of loving members and it's Holy Spirit filled Preacher.

Papa, you sound like someone I'd love to fellowship with. I sense a real man of God in you. Thank you for your devotion to Christ Jesus and CF.net.

I take notes just like you do. I hang on my Pastor' every word. He's a great "whole counsel of God" Preacher. Has to preach three services in this "Country Church" at Old Swanzey Road, Spofford, New Hampshire. There's about 600 country folk that attend this wonderful Fellowship of loving members and it's Holy Spirit filled Preacher.

Papa, you sound like someone I'd love to fellowship with. I sense a real man of God in you. Thank you for your devotion to Christ Jesus and CF.net.
Thanks brother! I feel the same toward you!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back