Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Narrow Gate

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Mat 7:21 not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 and then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Wide is the gate that leads to destruction means many say they are a Christian by lip service, but have never really asked Jesus into their hearts by making confession with their mouth and belief in their heart, 2 Timothy 3:1-7; Romans 10:9, 10 Many just jumped in to works instead and glorify themselves within their works and give no glory to God, sort of like the Pharisees as we can see in Matthew Chapter 23 where Jesus characterizes the Pharisees and then condemns them.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior;
Titus 3:7 that being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Ephesians 2:8, 9 it's not by our works or good deeds that save us, because we are all sinners, it is by Gods grace and mercy that forgives our sins and washes us clean by the atoning blood of the Lamb (Jesus). Those of self works only are the ones Jesus says he never knew.

Jesus is the gate, John 14:6 Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. These are those who have given themselves to the Lord and His Spirit lives in them and works through them as there are not many, but how can one actually define how many when Jesus says we will know them by their fruits. Have we all not seen those who claim to be of God, but their fruits do not show it!

How narrow is the gate that leads to life, as narrow as the wide gate is wide that leads to destruction.

Mark 1:3 kjv
3. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

John had the preliminary job leading to the gate.
Once the people were cut to the heart, they cried out (what must we do to be saved).
Acts 2:37 kjv
37. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men andbrethren, what shall we do?
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gate is Jesus

The path to the gate is narrow and straight
The gate is narrow
The way past the gate is narrow

Hopefully all the straights, narrows, paths are in the right place. Bible studies are to study.

Others can correct any error I might have made.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

John 10:1
1. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 10:16 kjv
16. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

eddif

John 10:1
1. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 10:16 kjv
16. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

eddif
Jesus said " I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6.

So many think if they are good people and love others they will have bought their way into heaven, but forget even they are sinners needing to repent and turn back to Christ is, like you said, the gate opened as we walk in and begin our relationship with Him.

Jesus said " I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6.

So many think if they are good people and love others they will have bought their way into heaven, but forget even they are sinners needing to repent and turn back to Christ is, like you said, the gate opened as we walk in and begin our relationship with Him.
And.
Some think their version of repentance is all it takes to receive eternal life. Repentance leaves us in a mess. We have just discovered we are in trouble. The realization of sin leads to repentance, but as stated before:
John the Baptist had a baptism of Repentance, but he also said (believe in the one who comes after me).

I lived in just repentance for 12 very long years. Round and round the mountain in the wilderness. Then I finally heard the Gospel inside myself and not just outside.

God works in us to narrow the Way we are entering.

There is a narrow path
We come to the narrow strait gate
He instructs us in the Way (later called Christianity).

eddif

Hey All,
I read some good stuff here Let me drop a couple of questions on this thread.

Why is the gate straight? Why is the way narrow? "Eye" (<--thats a hint) can't wait to hear from you.
Keep walking everybody. May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
I read some good stuff here Let me drop a couple of questions on this thread.

Why is the gate straight? Why is the way narrow? "Eye" (<--thats a hint) can't wait to hear from you.
Keep walking everybody. May God bless,
Taz
The gate is straight representing our faith in Christ that faith does not waver as unwavering faith helps face challenges with immediate obedience having confidence through Christ Jesus in how we respond to that which tries to come against us, James 1:1-6. The narrow gate is our personal relationship with Jesus without all the various religious rituals that man teach in order to earn your way to heaven. No one can earn their way to heaven, Matthew 7:15-27.

Back