Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] Natural Selection

The point to ERVs is that they can be used to show common ancestry.

They are shared in way we would expect from evolution. If God inseted them, he did it in such a way to give strong evidence of common ancestry.

VaultZero4Me said:

They are shared in way we would expect from evolution. If God inseted them, he did it in such a way to give strong evidence of common ancestry.

No, you just interpreted it wrong.

johnmuise said:
VaultZero4Me said:

No, you just interpreted it wrong.
Well, then what is your interpretation?

johnmuise said:
I know your gonna laugh, but god designed it that way :wink:
Why would God fake residues of failed viral infections? Is God a deceiver that plants false evidence of evolution?

jwu said:
johnmuise said:
Why would God fake residues of failed viral infections? Is God a deceiver that plants false evidence of evolution?

nope like i said you just misinterpret the evidance to fit into your devious schemes

Then why did God design them that way? These sequences include everything that one would expect of a retroviral insertion, which we can observe going on these days. As previously mentioned, in one case the virus even was reconstructed from the genes.

jwu said:
Then why did God design them that way? These sequences include everything that one would expect of a retroviral insertion, which we can observe going on these days. As previously mentioned, in one case the virus even was reconstructed from the genes.

yes if i build a lego castle and smash it i can rebuild it as well.

nobody knows why does does certain things.

johnmuise said:
jwu said:

Then it does count as evidence for the ToE, as the ToE has an extremely efficient and rigid explanation for this phenomenon, while creationism cannot offer anything similar.

johnmuise said:

Thats not an answer. Using your same logic I can say that the earth is flat. "But what about all of the other evidence?" -> "God designed it that way."

You are just pushing away all of the evidence so you can believe the way you want to believe.

VaultZero4Me said:
johnmuise said:

Thats not an answer. Using your same logic I can say that the earth is flat. "But what about all of the other evidence?" -> "God designed it that way."

You are just pushing away all of the evidence so you can believe the way you want to believe.

2 sided sword m8

johnmuise said:
VaultZero4Me said:
johnmuise said:

2 sided sword m8

How so? I pointed out the ERVs for you. What am I pushing aside? Do you have some evidence to falsify ERVs and ToE? If you presented them I must of missed em.........

In fact I must have missed any part in which you displayed the any notion of any understanding of either.

johnmuise said:
yes but that is as far as it goes. adaptation (Micro) not evolution (Macro)

Now, as far as I understand it, isn't micro the same thing as macro?

Macro is just the "compounded effects" of microevolution, according to the wiki article.

I found this particularly interesting section on the wikipedia article for macroevolution.

While details of macroevolution are continuously studied by the scientific community, the overall theory behind macroevolution (i.e. common descent) has been overwhelmingly consistent with empirical data. Predictions of empirical data from the theory of common descent have been so consistent that biologists often refer to it as the "fact of evolution".[5][6] Nevertheless, macroevolution is sometimes disputed by religious groups. Generally speaking, these groups attempt to differentiate between microevolution and macroevolution, asserting various hypotheses which are considered to have no scientific basis by any mainstream scientific organization, including the American Association for the Advancement of Science[7].

When discussing the topic, creationists use "strategically elastic" definitions of micro- and macroevolution.[1] Macroevolution, by their definition, cannot be attained. Any observed evolutionary change is described by them as being "just microevolution".[1]

Jay: Now, as far as I understand it, isn't micro the same thing as macro?

Macro is just the "compounded effects" of microevolution, according to the wiki article.

I found this particularly interesting section on the wikipedia article for macroevolution.

Correct. The only school of thought in which the distinction is made for purposes other than frame of reference is in YEC views.

johnmuise said:
jwu said:

What you're effectively saying is that creationism can explain no phenomena or events since it cannot account for God's undefined behaviour.

Why should scientists then acknowledge creationism?

Back