Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

new age version of the rapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Good. Hope you got something positive out of it.

Guess not. Epic fail on the "something positive" thing. :shocked!

As to the rest, you can read my replies (in this thread) here and here.

(Perhaps you would like to tell Paul and the other apostles they were pushing a "doctrine of Satan." :screwloose)

I know this whole "Christ as the fulfillment of these prophecies in Daniel 9" thing is somehow not as scary or "ear-tickling" as that whole "SATAN IS COMING PREPARE FOR THE END OF THE WORLD" thing, but trust Him: it's both true and far more important. :thumbsup
So Stromcrow: in a nut shell, what is your view of end times? curious, please in your own words, then we can continue with this discussion if you wish. We are both Christians I have no doubt about that, just our interpretation of scriptures differ.. freeway:biggrin

Much of what Jesus did, did not gain him anything. Its about fullfilling prophacy. Do you understand the reason for the nails. in that time when a contract or agreement was fullfilled they would take it and nail it to a post. Jesus was the fullfillment of the mosaic covenant so they nailed him to the post as prophacy indicated they would. God has taken great care to fulfill thousands of prophacies to great detail that were not needed for his own purposes. Seems unlikekly to me that he would choose to break that habit after going to such great detail throughout hystory. Thank you for answering my Question.:clap
So exaclty what can be added to 'all power and authority in heaven and earth'?

So exaclty what can be added to 'all power and authority in heaven and earth'?

Hebrews 10v9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the RIGHT HAND of God;
13 From henceforth expecting9.

So he is at the right hand of God because he is still waiting for his enemies to be made his footstool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hebrews 10v9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the RIGHT HAND of God;
13 From henceforth expecting9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

So he is at the right hand of God because he is still waiting for his enemies to be made his footstool.
And so He will remain until the last of His enemies is destroyed yes?

When does this take place?

Matthew 22:44 " 'The Lord said unto My Lord, 'Sit Thou on My right hand, till I make thine enemies Thy footstool?' "

Matthew 22:45 "If David then call Him Lord, how is He his Son?"

Matthew 22:46 "And no man was able to answer Him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask Him any more questions."

When Jesus quoted this scripture from Psalm 110:1, He knew that they knew this verse, yet they had no idea of how to explain it. "The Lord said unto my Lord, "sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool" "

Psalm 110:2 "The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: Rule thou in the midst of thine enemies." This is the answer to Jesus question, What think ye of Christ?

Psalm 110:3 "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, In the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth." The "day of thy power", is the day of the lord at the seventh trumpet, when Jesus will return as the King of kings.

Psalm 110:4 "The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek." The Lord hath sworn, means He will not change his mind. "Melchizedek" means "King of the just". This is in the Millennium age, and the elect are the priests after the order of Christ, the King of the Just. In the phrase, "thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek", is in reference to the blood line of Mary, the mother of Jesus, who was not only of the royal line of Judah, but also of the daughters of Aaron; which is to say, of the Levitical priesthood.

Psalm 110:5-7 "The Lord at thy right hand Shall strike through kings in the day of His wrath." [5] "He shall judge among the heathen, He shall fill the places with the dead bodies; He shall wound the heads over many countries." [6] "He shall drink of the brook in the way: Therefore shall He lift up the head." [7]

The Lord God Himself, after the order of Melchizedek, shall come in and rule over all kings in that day of the Lord, which is also called the day of the wrath, for this is God's wrath poured upon the earth. Those first six trumpets were deceptions brought to deceive the peoples of the earth by Satan, the Antichrist.

Jesus taught so that you would gain a lot more wisdom that what was spoken for the ears of the Pharisees and Sadducees, concerning Himself.

Matthew 22:44 " 'The Lord said unto My Lord, 'Sit Thou on My right hand, till I make thine enemies Thy footstool?' "

Matthew 22:45 "If David then call Him Lord, how is He his Son?"

Matthew 22:46 "And no man was able to answer Him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask Him any more questions."

When Jesus quoted this scripture from Psalm 110:1, He knew that they knew this verse, yet they had no idea of how to explain it. "The Lord said unto my Lord, "sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool" "

Psalm 110:2 "The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: Rule thou in the midst of thine enemies." This is the answer to Jesus question, What think ye of Christ?

Psalm 110:3 "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, In the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth." The "day of thy power", is the day of the lord at the seventh trumpet, when Jesus will return as the King of kings.

Psalm 110:4 "The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek." The Lord hath sworn, means He will not change his mind. "Melchizedek" means "King of the just". This is in the Millennium age, and the elect are the priests after the order of Christ, the King of the Just. In the phrase, "thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek", is in reference to the blood line of Mary, the mother of Jesus, who was not only of the royal line of Judah, but also of the daughters of Aaron; which is to say, of the Levitical priesthood.

Psalm 110:5-7 "The Lord at thy right hand Shall strike through kings in the day of His wrath." [5] "He shall judge among the heathen, He shall fill the places with the dead bodies; He shall wound the heads over many countries." [6] "He shall drink of the brook in the way: Therefore shall He lift up the head." [7]

The Lord God Himself, after the order of Melchizedek, shall come in and rule over all kings in that day of the Lord, which is also called the day of the wrath, for this is God's wrath poured upon the earth. Those first six trumpets were deceptions brought to deceive the peoples of the earth by Satan, the Antichrist.

Jesus taught so that you would gain a lot more wisdom that what was spoken for the ears of the Pharisees and Sadducees, concerning Himself.
http://www.theseason.org/matthew/matthew22.htm
Did Jesus say anything about when the last enemy would be destroyed?

Did Jesus say anything about when the last enemy would be destroyed?

It will be after the great white throne judgement....With the last enemy being death(satan)

I Corinthians 15:26 "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."

Revelation 20:14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

It will be after the great white throne judgement....With the last enemy being death(satan)

I Corinthians 15:26 "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."

Revelation 20:14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."
How ,do you suppose , is this accomplished?

Simple,they get cast into the lake of fire......

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
I always thought death was defeated by resurrection.

By God,why does it matter how? or how is it relavent to the new age version of the rapture?
Knowing the way God will defeat death should help shed light on any false and/or presumptive teachings and frauds, dont you think?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back