Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

new day, new beginning

Welcome to the forum Kal. I read your responses and testimony. Glad you made it through without hurting yourself. I think i remember hearing tithemi by sleeping giant, and a few songs by holyname that were really moving.

God bless, and have a wonderful week !!
I was actually able to finish that lyric video. There a place here where we can share content like that?

For those who are curious about my personal testimony, you can read it in its entirety here:
www.facebook.com/SuperKal/posts/10230696681934482

Yeah, I half read and half skimmed and noticed many of the same elements, only in more detail.

Curious. You mentioned being Southern Baptist when you grew up. Would you still consider yourself Baptist today, or have your doctrinal views been altered any after going through all the Satanism and suicidal episodes and other things?

Yeah, I half read and half skimmed and noticed many of the same elements, only in more detail.

Curious. You mentioned being Southern Baptist when you grew up. Would you still consider yourself Baptist today, or have your doctrinal views been altered any after going through all the Satanism and suicidal episodes and other things?
No, I don't consider myself a Southern Baptist anymore. Switching from Southern Baptist to non-denominational did not come from the rebellious years, they came from reading the Scriptures and the early church. To be completely honest, I don't even like the term "non-denominational" because even then it carries with it denominational thinking.

No, I don't consider myself a Southern Baptist anymore. Switching from Southern Baptist to non-denominational did not come from the rebellious years, they came from reading the Scriptures and the early church. To be completely honest, I don't even like the term "non-denominational" because even then it carries with it denominational thinking.

I was raised not even being Christian. But when I got saved there were two different Christian groups on campus; one was Baptist and the other Pentecostal. I liked them both, and even after I was baptized in the Holy Spirit very strongly, I still ended up going to a Baptist church for a good while during college.

I'm pretty much non-denom as well, although many of my doctrinal views still align with Pentecostalism most closely. But there are a LOT of different kinds of Charismatic churches, so I just tend to not identify for similar reasons maybe.

How do you feel about the gifts? Do you feel they are still for today or that they have now passed away with the early church?

Yes, I do believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit still continue today

in my past, I have seen the gift of prophecy... I don't really talk about this part that much, because I don't see myself as having the gift of prophecy, but I cannot deny the fact that, on two separate occasions, the Lord did give me words of encouragement to tell someone else. One was at a crisis center, I unknowingly prayed for this lady's sister, and another one was at a Barnes & Noble, in the Lord told me to tell her not to go home and give her $70, because her boyfriend was there, and she was gonna be physically assaulted that night. I met her a few months later again at a Chick-Fil-A, and turns out, he hat was there, and she went to YWCA, got some help from them, and found another place to stay.

that was 15 years ago.
In my 17 years of being a Christian, those are the only two times which that has happened, so that's why I don't like to say that I have the gift of prophecy, because that's the only two times that has happened.

Yes, I do believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit still continue today

in my past, I have seen the gift of prophecy... I don't really talk about this part that much, because I don't see myself as having the gift of prophecy, but I cannot deny the fact that, on two separate occasions, the Lord did give me words of encouragement to tell someone else. One was at a crisis center, I unknowingly prayed for this lady's sister, and another one was at a Barnes & Noble, in the Lord told me to tell her not to go home and give her $70, because her boyfriend was there, and she was gonna be physically assaulted that night. I met her a few months later again at a Chick-Fil-A, and turns out, he hat was there, and she went to YWCA, got some help from them, and found another place to stay.

that was 15 years ago.
In my 17 years of being a Christian, those are the only two times which that has happened, so that's why I don't like to say that I have the gift of prophecy, because that's the only two times that has happened.

Those would actually be what's referred to as word of knowledge. I know what you mean about hesitating, because especially with anything resembling prophecy people will get all up tight and start yapping at you about the you need to be even more flawless than the Pope or you are obviously a "false prophet" and on your way to Hell. It's unfortunate, as it discourages many from operating in gifts they otherwise might.

I have something I can show you. Hold on. Sending a PM.

Back