Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New generations Idea of Marraige...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Dr. David Gushee came to our campus this week and taught on the biblical teachings on marraige. Do you think today's Generation has the same ideas on Marraige as they did 50 years ago?

No they definitely don't. I wish I could say I still do but I can't really say that I do anymore either. Like everything else that was to be held sacred, society has vandalized and destroyed. We are left to stand amidst the rubble and wonder how long do we have left to rot here because things aren't going to get better. I'm starting to wonder if there will be any survivors left in this tragedy called life. Its even more re-assuring when those of us who ask for help only get broken down and beaten into the ground even more. Sooner or later there is nothing left to break nor anything left to take.

Sorry Tim, I wasn't trying to highjack this thread. I was a little off-topic and pessimistic in my post last evening.

I'd say about 95% of pre-marriage relationships fail (maybe more) and that trains us as a society to deal with failure and thus makes it not as hard to walk away when it counts in a marriage. Some are content with divorce, and others to never committ. But its not just in relationships but in every aspect of our lives we are constantly upgrading the used for new... cars, clothes, houses, music, interests, friends.. etc. Its a cycle that has a roll in the grand scheme of all life and we see it permeates everything in our lives. This built-in inane desire for companionship has turned into a curse for most of us... the majority of us are destined to become damaged goods despite our best intentions. We are only left with the option to withdraw from the world around us or accept that high rate of failure as an unavoidable risk in finding a suitable mate. In learning from past failures it becomes easy to depart from the ways that led to failure in the past and to try new ways in the future... all the while our expectations lessen. Its like a demolition derby.. you rarely find a car left that isn't banged up. Things are only going to get worse as time rolls on. But then again nothing is new under the sun... and the cycle shows itself to us again. So instead of looking at all of this as a crisis... I just consider the fact that its part of the season we live in.

Scott i appreciate the Imput. You didn;t hi-jack anything, it's just that this section is really quite these days...Guess the singles just don't wanna talk about things anymore.

Back