Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is our answer in times of need.

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

New Here

Yeah, being friendly attracts more flies than anger does...or something like that. 🙄
Present your case in a neutral manner, and by the grace of God, maybe someone's eyes will be opened.
Oh, and use a lot of scriptures !
Actually, presenting your case in a somewhat "neutral" way can be a way of showing respect. And since everybody respects Scripture, yes--add as many Scriptures as you have time for. Friendliness should not attract flies. Watermelon rinds and old black bananas attract flies. I spent all yesterday trying to get rid of them.....

Actually, presenting your case in a somewhat "neutral" way can be a way of showing respect. And since everybody respects Scripture, yes--add as many Scriptures as you have time for. Friendliness should not attract flies. Watermelon rinds and old black bananas attract flies. I spent all yesterday trying to get rid of them.....
I metaphored my mixes.

I metaphored my mixes.
Sorry, I just had to throw in my obscure references to "flies," because you inadvertantly touched upon my experience over the last few days. We keep our house fairly flie and spider free, by removing kitchen waste as soon as possible out to the garage, and later to the outside garbage can.

Recently, my wife left a watermelon rind on the counter and we suffered an inundation of fruit flies, which I have now, patiently, dealt with. But then a bunch of bananas went bad, and suddenly we had house flies everywhere.

As fast as I eliminated them there were more to replace them. That's when I noticed the garage can had gone "south," and was filled with fly larvae, aka maggots. ;) Whenever we went out to the garage, via the kitchen, we brought in more flies.

The smell was atrocious, and as soon as I removed this to outside, and aired out the garage the fly problem went away. But then you happened to mention that friendliness attracts flies! ;) I didn't know what you meant, but it certainly made me laugh! ;)

Have a nice day. Have a better day than we've been having! :)

Sorry, I just had to throw in my obscure references to "flies," because you inadvertantly touched upon my experience over the last few days. We keep our house fairly flie and spider free, by removing kitchen waste as soon as possible out to the garage, and later to the outside garbage can.

Recently, my wife left a watermelon rind on the counter and we suffered an inundation of fruit flies, which I have now, patiently, dealt with. But then a bunch of bananas went bad, and suddenly we had house flies everywhere.

As fast as I eliminated them there were more to replace them. That's when I noticed the garage can had gone "south," and was filled with fly larvae, aka maggots. ;) Whenever we went out to the garage, via the kitchen, we brought in more flies.

The smell was atrocious, and as soon as I removed this to outside, and aired out the garage the fly problem went away. But then you happened to mention that friendliness attracts flies! ;) I didn't know what you meant, but it certainly made me laugh! ;)

Have a nice day. Have a better day than we've been having! :)
I think I meant "honey", but "friendliness" appeared on my key board. :confused

Back