Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

chessman

Hello. I found this forum Web searching for various quality Old Earth Creation versus Young Earth Creation forums. Most of the one’s I’ve browsed are rude at worst and just not very productive at best. I hope there is some members here that are willing to discuss this issue and maybe a few other issues I have a speical exegetical interest in. I realize YEC/OEC is not the primary purpose for this forum, nor should it be, of course. Following Christ’s example is our primary purpose. I view the issue as secondary to knowing Christ as my Saviour. I've only posted to forums (any) in the past on a very few occasions so I’m new to this media. However, it is my desire to “pick the brain†of fellow Christians willing to discuss (politely, respectful of the other's positions, yet logically and rationally) some of the questions I have with fully understanding various Biblical doctrines or interpretations of Texts. I’ve been a Christian since my mid teenage years (I’m now 46) and there are just a few areas within traditional/Orthodox Christianity that I’m hoping to discuss here. Yes I capitalized Biblical and Orthodox. It's my belief and affirmation that the Bible is God's Word to humanity given to us out of Love over 1,000's of years through numerous Holy inspired authors and is therefore inerrant in what is says in its original manuscripts. It’s meant to be understood (and followed where it’s directive to us and historically accurate where it means to be). As it's inspired by the Creator, I believe it to be truthful (God is truth) in everything that it does say. However, human interpretations are subject to misinterpretation (even by Christians or Christian churches). Also, I have not studied Greek or Hebrew so I find that when I do look at the original languages, a deeper meaning often emerges.

I’m an electrical engineer, Southern Baptist Church member (more on “wine†laterJ), married for 20 years (yes to the same womenJ) and have two teenage girls.

Anyway, God bless you and I appreciate your time in reading my introduction of myself.

:wave Greetings and welcome to CF.Net, chessman.

Nice introduction, it's Good to meet you.

~Sparrow

Welcome Chessman! My guess is you will need to 'request permission ' for the science forum...I will get some info sent your way,,,,

welcome.jpg

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back